Chapter 7

Be Mine

"Chungha!" Mina exhaled again disappointed. It was announced that she had lost by one point which cheered her up a bit, but not as much as Jeongyeon could've hoped. The points were at M:129
L:130, so for Momo's team to win, she would've had to win her match. The announcer looked from girl to girl until he was threatened by an impatient Yoo Jeongyeon.

"Momo win, stop it, Momo won! Come on please get offfffff!"
"Is that what it says on your card or are you trying to appease me?"
"No look, this is what the judges wrote!" Jeongyeon nodded. "You heard him, Momo won now scram before our team skins you. Go on!"

Lisa's team ran for their lives.

                    *******************

Mina was a little disappointed from what Jeongyeon could tell. A little being a large freaking understatement. She was back to the shy penguin who barely talked that Jeongyeon had met the other week, the poor little penguin muttering phrases like 'useless' and 'shouldn't have competed'. Spontaneously as they walked, Jeongyeon spun Mina around and hugged her tight. "You're not useless to me. Think about that. As long as one person needs you, that's all that's needed - if that makes sense. Anyway yeah-"

Mina hugged back, enjoying Jeongyeon's warmth in the cold of the night. "What am I useful for?" Mina was half inquisitive, half joking. Jeongyeon turned red and looked away. "Well you're a better Japanese teacher then the qualified teacher." Mina laughed and acted hurt. 

"You've been using me for grades?!?! And here i thought there was something between us!!"

Jeongyeon smirked and backed Mina into the brick wall behind her. "Who said I can't have the grades and the girl?"