Chapter 9: Let's See What You've Got

TWO TIMERS

Each day passing as sweet as it ever be, now it has been two month since the secret reveal. Their relationship becoming stronger than ever. Though they were busy with their own business but never once they forget to contact each other or spent time together once in a while, it’s either she come to his place or other way around. Just like this time, it was Sunday morning. They were still in their deep slumber, cuddling in each other embrace on her large bed.

Last night after taking a bath, Shin Hye go straight to bed to get some sleep. It was a long day for her, she was tired after a whole day of discussing a school task with her collage friend. She doesn’t even have time to hang out with her best friends who keep texting her to come with them.

As tired as she is, she even didn’t care to open her eyes even a bit when she felt a presence beside her. She doesn’t care because she knew exactly who it is once she smell those familiar scent that come from those body- it was her boyfriend. She felt her body being pull and she snuggle even closer to his warm as he envelope her to his embrace. “Good night, My Love”, she heard him whisper in her ear. She doesn’t know it was a dream or not and she didn’t have time to response because his warm already send her to her dreamland.

Shin Hye open her eyes and immediately smile upon seeing Yong Hwa’s peaceful sleeping face. She his bangs that cover his eyes. She peck his cheek before carefully climb out the bad so she won’t wake him up.

As she wait for her boyfriend to woke, she make herself a cup of coffee and toast for breakfast. After finishing her foot and wash the dish, she go to freshen up then prepare another cup of coffee for him after that.

Not long after she saw him climb down the stairs still in his plain white t-shirt and basketball short. His hair is still messy, indicating that he just wake up. He smile when their eyes met and walking straight to her direction. “Good morning”, he said once he is in front of her.

“Good morning”, she greet him back. “Breakfast?”, she ask as she saw him eyeing the foot in front of them.

“Sure but let me wash my face first”. He kiss her temple before making his way toward the bathroom. “So, how is the discussion go?”, he ask a few minutes later as he sit on the kitchen counter- watching her pour the boiling water on the cup.

“Exhausting, though it went longer than I thought but everything is done well”, she said. “And how is your meeting?”, she ask as she hand him the cup of hot coffee that she gladly accept.

“Good. Everything go as what we want it to be”. He take a sip of his coffee and smile in delight- it is good as always.

“Glad to hear that. By the way, my friends plan to come this morning, they might be on their way just now. Is it okay for you?”.

“No problem. It would be great to know your friends”. He smile earnestly at her showing that he mean his word.

“Great then. Now, just wait at the living room, I’ll finish this”. She push him lightly going out of the kitchen that make him chuckle but still obey her.

 

***

 

“I’ll get the door”, she heard him say from the living room as the doorbell rang.

Shin Hye was still washing the dish that he used after he finish his breakfast. She knew it must be her girls and she felt thankful because he want to open the door for her.

She took off the gloves and wipe her hand once she place the last dish on it place. She frown when she saw Yong Hwa still standing on the door instead of letting them in.

She was about to ask him when she burst out laughing upon seeing her best friends expression. They were literally drooling over her boyfriend, looking at him in a daze as they mumble about being in heaven and meet the prince charming. 

While the boy in said just stood there and scratching his none itchy head awkwardly. He look at her as if asking for a help and lean down to whisper in her ear. “Are they alright?”.

Shin Hye bite her fist to short out her laughter and nod in amusedment, she pinch his cheek because he look so cute when he is awkward like that. “Don’t worry, they just drooling over my handsome boyfriend”, she said half joking and she swear she could saw a slight blush across his cheeks as she turn her eyes toward her daze friends.

She wave her hand in front of their face as she said, “Earth to girls”.

They blink their eyes and come back to their sense before swift their eyes to Shin Hye who had that annoying smirk on her face.

“Are you finish ogling at my boyfriend?”, she ask teasingly and they grin like a dork which make Shin Hye chuckle again. “So we can come in now?”.

“Ne”, they said simultaneously and smile as sweet as possible while looking at Yong Hwa who return the smile with an awkward one. Shin Hye giggle on her own upon seeing their encounter before led the way inside as Yong Hwa walk closely beside her and her friends following behind like a lost puppy.

“So girls as you know he is my boyfriend, Jung Yong Hwa”, she said once they settle on the sofa inside her living room.

“Anyeonghasseyo. Jung Yong Hwa ibnida”. Yong Hwa give them a slight bow and extend his hand for a handshake while the three girls scrambling to take their turn as they introduce them self as well.

Yong Hwa chuckle as Shin Hye roll her eyes seeing their antic. “I’ll go wash up and do my work in study room while you talk to them”, he said to Shin Hye and look back at them to say, “Please, enjoy yourself”. He held Shin Hye’s hand for a 

brief moment and give it a squeeze before getting up. He smile at them for the last time as he made his way to leave.

The girls follow him with their eyes and and sigh dreamily. They immediately gather on Shin Hye’s side the instant moment he was out of sight. Shin Hye jolt in surprise and glare at them.

“Is he really your boyfriend?”.

“He was so handsome”.

“When did you met him?”.

They talk at the same time as they look at Shin Hye expectantly. Shin Hye sigh as she thought, how come I be friend with this weird persons?

She look at them one by one before answering. “Yes, he is and of course he was handsome. And we met around for month ago or so”.

“Jongmal? Ah~ you are so lucky”, Yoo Jin coo.

“Yes, she is. How come all the handsome man is going around you? First you have Bumie as your ‘twin’, second you have Min Ho Oppa as your ‘brother’, and third you also have that cocky boy as your cousin”, Ji Won said.

“Hyung Sik”, Shin Hye said referring to the cocky boy that she mention.

“Yes, whatever his name is and now you have prince charming as a boyfriend?”. Ji Won sigh as the other girls nods their head in agreement. “I’m so envy you”.

“Come to think of it, you are right! I’m so lucky. Am I that amazing?”, Shin Hye said jokingly.

“Ya!”, they yell feeling annoyed by her self-praise and get a giggle as a response from Shin Hye.

“By the way, where did you meet him? Why we never heard about him before?”, Eun Jin- the most compose one- ask.

“I run away from the villain and he come as a knight in shining armor with his white horse”, she answer in her poker face.

Her best friends hiss at her.

Shin Hye giggle. “Alright, alright". She held her hands up as if surrender. "Erm… remember the last time we go shopping on my family boutique?”, Shin Hye ask and they nod except Yoo Jin who didn’t come that time. “Remember the boy who bump on the rack?”.

“Oh! That clumsy boy that you talk to”, Eun Jin exclaim.

“Jongmalyo?!”, Ji Won ask in surprise. “I didn’t notice he was this handsome before”, she mumble to herself.

“So what happen next?”, it was Yoo Jin turn to ask.

“We met a week after inside the restaurant when I go for lunch with Bumie. He was in a fight with his girlfriend”. Shin Hye can heard a small gasp coming from them but she continue her story. “Then we met again the night after in a club. We talk, kiss, and he pass out because he was too drunk. I don’t know where to take him so I take him with me…”, she continue telling her story as the three girls listening to her and nod their head once in a while. There come an 'ooh' and 'aah' when they heard the exciting part of her story.

“Woah! You are really something Park Shin Hye-ssi”. “So you are literally dating someone’s boyfriend?”. Yoo Jin and Ji Won said after Shin Hye finish her story while Eun Jin just eying her best friend with unreadable expression.

“Yes and no, because he also being cheat by her”, Shin Hye said trying to defend herself.

“Did we know her?”, Eun Jin ask suspiciously.

“Yes”. Shin Hye look straight to her eyes and for a moment they seem can read each other mind.

“Is it Yoon Eun Hye?”, Eun Jin state. Yes, she get it. Eun Jin was the closest to Shin Hye, she knew everything about her. So it won’t be surprise if she could see what’s in Shin Hye’s mind.

“What?! You mean that famous model? How did you know?”, the two other girl exclaim in confuse and disbelief.

Ignoring their comment, Eun Jin keep her interrogation. “Are you planning on revenge? That’s why you date him?”, she ask. She just doesn’t want Shin Hye to make the wrong decision.

“You know me better to think of me that way. I just want to help him and NO, I date him because I love him. At least at thay particular moment, I like him enough to kiss him”, Shin Hye answer calmly.

“Did he knew?”, Eun Jin ask referring to her secret.

“Yes”, Shin Hye said without hesitation.

Eun Jin heave a sigh before flash Shin Hye a smile. “That’s great and I’m sorry for even think that way”.

“It’s okay. I know you just concern”, Shin Hye pat her back and smile back.

“Mind to tell us what you are talking about?”, Yoo Jin said as she and Ji Won was left dumbfounded by those two girl's conversation.

Shin Hye and Eun Jin glance at each other before giggle to themselves.

 

***

 

Shin Hye knock on the door before coming in on the study room. There she saw him busy with his laptop working on something. She walk toward him and stood beside him. She squeeze his shoulder to make him look up at her and smile when their eyes met.

She saw him close his laptop and turn his chair toward her direction. “What is it?”, Yong Hwa ask as he pull her and make her sit on his lap. He secure his arm around her waist and Shin Hye automatically circle her arm around his shoulder.

“Erm… my friends, they invite me to go out with them for a while. Is it okay with you if I come with them”.

His face fell, she can tell that he doesn’t want her to go. “Do you really have to go?”. He just want to spent time with her more.

“Not really but it’s been a while since we spent tome together”, she show him her puppy eyes that always get him and she success.

“Fine, you can go. Just don’t take too long”. He gave her a playful glare.

“Jjinja?! Okay, I promise it won’t take long. I’ll come back before lunch”, she said excitedly that made him chuckle.

“Make sure to do that or I will miss you like crazy”, he said as he rub his nose on hers.

“Arraseo”, she said between her giggle.

“Give me a kiss first before you go, so I won’t miss you that much”.

She roll her eyes while still giggling but kiss him eventually. They kiss for a while before she broke the kiss and got to her feet as he reluctantly letting her go.

“I’ll go now, she you later, Oppa”.

“Have fun while I will just being a nerd for a few hour later”. He was trying his luck bur with no success.

She giggle again and peck his lips on last time. “Bye-bye, Oppa. I love you”.

“I love you too”.

And then she disappear behind the door and Yong Hwa continue his work.

 

***

 

Shin Hye and the girls was walking along the street with a few bags in their hand. It was already pass lunch time and Shin Hye already tell them that she have to come back immediately but her friends didn’t let her go. They said they can buy him something before come back after eating and so here they are sitting inside the restaurant with foods in front of them.

“I swear he would kill me once I’m home”, Shin Hye said to her friends.

“No, he won’t. Instead he will kiss you deadly once he saw you”, said the careless Yoo Jin that earn a roll eyes from Shin Hye and giggle from the other girls.

“Hey, hey. Look! Is that Yoon Eun Hye?”, Ji Won said as they were about to dig on their food.

“Oh! Who is that boy? Her boyfriend?”, Yoo Jin ask.

Shin Hye look over her shoulder to see Eun Hye come inside the restaurant hand in hand with a boy that unmistakably Park Yoo Chun.She saw them take their seat a few table away from their spot.

Shin Hye make eye contact with Eun Jin and smirk as an idea popped in her mind.

Eun Jin raise an eyebrow at her, she can read what’s in her mind. “You are planning something, aren’t you?”.

“Let’s see”, Shin Hye said as she take out her phone and dial a number. “Yeobosseyo? Oppa”. She smirk to her best friend. “The plan change, I can’t go home now. Are you still busy?”.

Eun Jin look at her talking in the phone. She sigh to herself, she can't do anything to stop Shin Hye anyway.

A few moment of silent before Shin Hye talk again. “Ani. Just... I have my lunch with the girls in Lavender Resto right now. I wonder if you could come and join us”. She can see Eun Jin shook her head from the corner of her eyes. “Oh?! Arraseo. See you then”, she said last before hanging off.

“Did you have to do this?”, Eun Jin ask.

“Just wait, it would be exciting”, Shin Hye said and look back to see the couple who just finish making their order.

 

###

 

 

 

 

Finally I can update again. Sorry for the long delay, I’ve been in a very bad mood this few days and no idea come out in mind. And about my promise to show Yong Shin affection in front of Eun Hye, maybe I’ll write them in the next chapter.

So, good night and stay healthy. God bless you all.