Chapter 2: Start to Doubt

TWO TIMERS

“What do you mean by cancel it?”. Yong Hwa was furious when Eun Hye tell him to cancel the plan to have dinner with his parents. They have plan this for a week and suddenly she ask him to just cancel it.

“You heard me, right? I have to attend my friend’s farewell party tonight. Beside we can reset the date, we can do it another time”, she said nonchalantly as she sip her drink.

Yong Hwa look at her in disbelieve, how could she easily said that when she knew herself how difficult it was to have their free time and especially to persuade them to meet her. His parents is never approve their relationship even though they never meet her. And now when they finally have the chance to prove that she was worthy enough to be with him, she is so easily want to cancel and ruin all the plan. “You think there will be another time? And you prefer to waste your time with your friends in that damn party than spend it with me and my family”.

“What is that you call damn party, huh? It’s a farewell party! It mean he is going to move and maybe there want be any chance to meet him again!”, she said start to get annoyed.

“Who is he? Your other boyfriend? Why you so eager to meet him?”, that questions slip from his lips without he expect it, he just so furious that he can't think clearly again. And the next thing he knew, Eun Hye splash her drink on his face.

Eun Hye look at him with red eyes, she is angry by the way he accused her. It was the first time he talk back to her like that and she don’t like it so much. She get up from her seat and make her way to go out. On her way she pass a girl that just stand near the entrance, looking at them with weird expression. She took a glance at her before make through the door.

Yong Hwa stay a little longer to calm himself down before decide to run after her. Just as he turn his body, his eyes meet with the same cold eyes that he saw a few days ago on the department store. But he don’t have time to think about that because Eun Hye is already out. On his way out, he accidentally brush his hand with the girl's and he can feel the sudden numb on his skin as if she has an electricity going through her skin.

He caught Eun Hye by her hand and turn her body toward him. “Where did you think you are going? We are not done, yet!”. He hold her arm tightly so she can’t run away again.

“Let me go! I don’t want to talk to you right now! I’m going. Don’t call me”, she shrug his hand away and hail a taxy before leave him alone.

“Arggh…!”, he scream as he ruffle his hair angrily. It was the first time they involve in such a fight, usually he would just relented than have to argue with her. But this time he can stand it anymore, she just brought his patience to the edge.

Unknown to him, a pair of eyes was looking at him and watch everything that happen between him and Eun Hye.

 

***

 

Shin Hye come back to the restaurant and saw Kim Bum that has been looking for her. “Yah! Where have you been? The food is already come”, he ask and sense something is off with her expression but just shrug it off.

“I just go to watch a very good show”, she said as she take the seat across from him.

“What?”.

“Nothing. I’m starving”. She took a spoonful of her food and beam in happiness.

Kim Bum shook his head looking at his best friends, he knew that she love to eat so much but he can tell there was something else that make her that happy.

 

***

 

“Hyung?! What are you doing here?”, Jung Shin is surprise to see his hyung standing in front of his door, looking so wasted in the middle of the night.

“Jung Shin-ah can you call the boys? Let’s go drink for tonight”. Yong Hwa throw his body on the couch once he inside Jung Shin’s house.

“What happen with you? It’s not usual for you to go drinking?”, Jung Shin ask as he start to dial his other friends.

“I fought with Eun Hye”. Yong Hwa sigh deeply and close his eyes. He just through a hard day after the fought he still have to deal with his parents nagging.

Jung Shin look at him in surprise after he hung up the call. “What?! Wow, that’s new”, he said in awe. “What’s the matter that make the calm Yong Hwa finally explode?”, he ask half joking.

“She cancel the dinner appointment with my parents just because her friend invite her on his farewell party”, Yong Hwa answer then sigh again.

“Wow, that’s mean”, Jung Shin mumble. He knew that Yong Hwa is always through the hard time to maintain his relationship with this famous model since the past years for his parents never like her for their son. But as stubbornand as in love Yong Hwa is, he always try to find a way to soften their heart to accept her. And as always also, she seem doesn’t have intention to win their heart.

“I know. And now my parents doesn’t like her even more. Jung Shin-ah eotteoke?”. Yong hwa ruffle his hair again- feeling dizzy with his situation.

“Molla. I told you so many times, just break up with her. There’s so many girl out there that so much better than her”, Jung Shin said carelessly.

“Yah! You are not helping, you know!”.

Just at time, Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun enter the house and they decide to go to the nearest club to grab some drinks.

 

***

 

Few hours later, Yong Hwa who already drunk- sitting by himself on the stool near the bar. His best friends is nowhere to be found. He was sipping his drink when a girl take a sit at the stool next to him.

That girl order for her drink before swift her attention to him. “Alone?”, she ask as she take her liquor from the bartender.

Yong Hwa turn his head and found out that it was the ‘cold eyes girl’ that talk to him. “Oh? Neo!”. He point his finger to her to acknowledge her.

“Hi. I’m Park Shin Hye. You are Jung Yong Hwa, aren’t you?”, she extends her hand to shake his which he take nonchalantly. “What are you doing here? Getting wasted after the fight?”, she ask- smirking as she take a sip from her glass.

He smile bitterly. “How did you…?”. Then he remember, he saw her there when he fought with Eun Hye. “You must saw everything, don’t you? I must look so pathetic”.

“Honesly, Yes!”, she said bluntly that make them chuckle. “If you don’t mind, would you tell me what happen?”.

He sigh deeply while focusing his eyes on his glass. “Long story”, he blurt.

“Then make it short”, she push.

He chuckle again as he turn to look at her. “You are desperate, don’t you?”. Shin Hye shrug her shoulder while wait for his answer. “Well, she cancel our appointment with my parents and prefer to partying with her friend?”, he said make it sound like a question.

“Is that a question?”, she tease and smile.

He thought for a while then shook his head ‘No’. They laugh for his silliness.

“How long have you been with her anyway?”, she ask curiously. There is no way that Eun Hye also cheat on him, isn’t it?

“Emm… three years or so?”. Well, she kind of expect that actually. So it’s true that Eun Hye already with this guy while she's in relationship with Yoo Chun, what a .

She look at the guy in front of her that seems to know nothing about what his girlfriend do behind his back. Suddenly she felt pity toward him. “You are too good for her”, she mumble to herself but Yong Hwa still can hear it clearly.

“I’m such a fool, aren’t I?”, he said looking at her straight in the eye.

“No! You’re just too innocent”, she answer with a sincere smile that he found so beautiful.

They look deeply in each other eyes for quite sometimes then don’t know who start it, but their lips already found each other- locking in a sweet kiss. They kiss in a gentle manner, moving in each other slowly and softly that it felt like first kiss.

 

***

 

Shin Hye half drag Yong Hwa’s body as she support him to walk inside her apartment. He was collapse after their kiss and she don’t know where to take him so she ask the bartender to help her get him in inside her car before drive them both to her apartment.

She stretch her back after she settle him down on her sofa. She was about to get some pillow and blanket for him when he suddenly pull her hand and make her fall on top of him.

“Don’t go”, he murmur as he circle his hand on her waist still with eyes close.

“Huh, Drunkard!”. Shin Hye sigh looking at the drunken man underneath her. “Let go, I’ll get a blanket for you”, she said softly as she poke his chest. She felt him loosen his hold so she quickly freed herself from him.

She go to her room, get some pillow and blanket from her cupboard and bring it toward him. She lift his head and set the pillow under it. She help him to take off his shirt when she saw him sweating before cover his body with the blanket. “There you go”, she said after she’s finishing her job.

She stare at his calm face for a while then make a promise toward herself. “I promise to help you to get away from that witch, Yong Hwa. Because you deserve someone better than her”.

 

###

 

 

 

 

Ah~ Finally. second chapter is finish!

Ok, can you guess what will Shin Hye do to help him? Please leave your comment, I’ll appreciate it so much.

By the way, thank you for the subscribers.

Good night everyone, see you on the next chapter. :)