Chapter 10: Be Bold!

TWO TIMERS

Yong Hwa gradually check on the wall clock, wondering when would his girl come back home. He had finish his work since 40 minutes ago and now he was waiting for Shin Hye to come back to have a lunch with him. After all she already promise to come before lunch. Though it way pass lunch, but he patiently waiting for her even his stomach have been growling from the hungry.

Yong Hwa pick his phone and was about to press the speed dial for her number when suddenly it ring and show her name on it. He smile happily and immediately press the green button.

“Yeobosseyo, Shin? Where are you now? Why don’t you come back just now?”, he ask as he heard her greeting from the other line.

“The plan change, I can’t go home now. Are you still busy?”.

“Geuraeseo? Aniya, I finish my work a while ago. Wae?”, he ask and frown.

“Ani. Just, I have my lunch with the girls in Lavender Resto right now. I wonder if you could come and join us”.

“Lavender Resto?”, he pause to think a bit. That place is not that far from her apartment though. “Okay, beside I didn’t have my lunch yet. I’ll be there in 10 minutes, see you later”.

“Oh?! Arraseo. See you then”, she said then hang off.

Yong Hwa put his phone back to his pocket and grab his car key. He really excited to see her as soon as possible, he doesn’t even realize what have been waiting for him there.

***

Ten minutes later, Yong Hwa enter the said restaurant and look around to find his girl. He smile when he spot her chatting with her best friends on one of the table. He step inside to approach her but stop and froze on his place upon seeing a familiar face sitting not far from Shin Hye’s table.

“Eun Hye?”, he mumble while observing her gesture. He saw how she casually lean to the boy beside her, comfortably sitting close to each other and letting him touching her, even happily accept when he offer to fed her. “What the hell is this?”, Yong Hwa hiss to himself as he curl up his finger into fist in anger.

He was fuming to see that scene in front of him. Even though he already heard everything from Shin Hye but still, see it directly with your eyes like this is different story.

While Yong Hwa try to hold himself, on the other side of the room Shin Hye was observing him with unreadable expression. She was already set her expression into her poker face that even Eun Jin can’t guess what’s in her mind.

“What’s your plan?”, Eun Jin ask in a low voice so just Shin Hye can heard it.

“I just want to see his reaction first then I want to know how he would react toward it”, Shin Hye answer calmly but Eun Jin can feel the dark aura surrounding her as she heard her tone.

“Don’t you afraid he would mad at you for setting this up after this?”.

“Does it matter now?”. Shin Hye turn her head to look at Eun Jin and even Shin Hye is not glaring but the way he look 

at her was enough to send the chill down Eun Jin’s spine.

Eun Jin avoid her eyes immediately and look back at her once she was sure Shin Hye didn’t look at her anymore. Shin Hye can be really intimidating sometimes.

***

Slowly Yong Hwa move his feet- or should I say drag?-toward Eun Hye direction. He lock his eyes on them and watch them still comfortable around each other not realizing his presence. Yong Hwa took a deep breath and clear his throat once he reach them.

They look up to see him and Eun Hye distant herself from Yoo Chun right away after seeing Yong Hwa. “Yo-Yong Hwa?!”. She widen her eyes in surprise. “Wha- what are you doing here?”, she was actually stuttering.

Yong Hwa is trying hard not to burst in anger and keep his calm face. “Anyeonghaseyo, Eun Hye-ssi. I’m sorry to disturb you. Actually I’m here to meet someone, I don’t expect to see you here with…”, he said faking his smile as he turn to look at the boy beside her. “I’m sorry, who are you? Are you her boyfriend?”.

Yoo Chun who didn’t know what to say just look back and forth between Yong Hwa and Eun Hye. He realize it was Yong Hwa- obviously. He scoff in his mind looking at how panic Eun Hye was. You are dead!, he thought as he glance at Eun Hye and bite his inside cheeks to hold himself for smirking.

“Oh? I haven’t introduce myself, did I? I’m Jung Yong Hwa”, Yong Hwa extend his hand toward Yoo Chun which he casually take as if he know nothing.

“I’m Park Yoo Chun”, he said and act as if he didn’t notice Eun Hye glaring at him.

“Nice to meet you, Park Yoo Chun-ssi”. Yong Hwa take back his hand after shake Yoo Chun’s hand. “So, I think I would go now. Enjoy your lunch”.

“Yo-“, Eun Hye was about to stop him from leaving but someone appear behind her and stop him instead.

“Oppa! You come?”, she said as she make her way toward Yong Hwa. Eun Hye widen her eyes even more when the girl hug him and peck his cheek.

“Ne. I just come”, he said and smile- the most sincere smile Eun Hye ever saw since he come. She look in disbelief at how he instinctively put his arm around that girl's waist. While she was fuming, Yoo Chun just silently looking at the drama in front of him. This is interesting, he thought.

Shin Hye turn and look at her and Yoo Chun. “Oh, who is this? You know them?”, she ask to Yong Hwa- also putting an act.

“Hmm… did you really don’t know?”, Yoo Chun ask Shin Hye in his mind.

“This is my… friends?”, Yong Hwa said making it sounds like a question instead of answer. “Yoon Eun Hye and Park Yoo Chun”. He add playing along with her.

“Anyeonghaseyo. I’m Shin Hye”, she said purposely didn’t mention her last name. “His girlfriend”, she quickly add.

“So Oppa. Don’t you want to join me?”, Shin Hye ask Yong Hwa- not giving the other couple time to response to herintroduction.

“No, I’d rather we go home now”. He smile. Even in Eun Hye’s eyes it was his most sincere smile ever but for Sin Hye it was the most insincere smile he ever give her.

“Arraseo. I’ll say good bye the girls first. Can you wait me outside?”, she said give him the clue to leave. She still have another plan to do and she doesn’t want him to see what she gonna do next.

“Okay, I’ll wait in the car”.

Shin Hye tip toe to give him a kiss on his lips, even he was taken aback by her but he can’t help but to kiss her back before him going out without saying anything else to the two other person.

Shin Hye turn to Eun Hye and Yoo Chun once Yong Hwa already go. She scream in joy inside upon seeing their shook expression. Well, she kiss him is not for nothing- she intentionally do that to see that faces.

“So, I thought your game is over now, Yoon Eun Hye-ssi and good luck for you, Park Yoo Chun-ssi”, she said before walking back to her table. The two just glance at each other in confusion.

This girl is up to something, they thought simultaneously.

“I’ll go first girls. I’ll call you later, okay. And I’m sorry for ditching you” Shin Hye said while grabbing all her belonging.

“It’s okay. Just make sure you won’t end up bickering with your boyfriend”, Eun Jin said.

“Yes, she is right. Don’t let it happen”, Yoo Jin cheer.

“Did I ever tell you that you are awesome?”, Ji Won wonder.

“Nope. Say that later after you see what I will do next. And don’t worry, bickering with him is the last thing that I would do if I have to”. Shin Hye smile at them mysteriously that leave them confuse.

They watch her make her way out but stop right at Eun Hye' table. They see her saying something before grab the glass of water from the table and splash it on Eun Hye’s face. They gasp in surprise while watching her saying another word before leaving the restaurant for real.

“Daebak!”, they exclaim in awe.

***

Shin Hye leave her best friend and make her way out but stop once she reach Eun Hye’s table.

“What do you want?”, Eun Hye ask in annoyance.

“I just want to tell you that you and Yong Hwa Oppa is over from now on. So don’t ever bother him again. I’m warning you, I’m not someone who play around”, Shin Hye said with serious face- she mean every word she said.

“And.... Oh!”. She look at the glass in front of her then splash the water right on Eun Hye’s face leaving her to gasp in shock. “That’s for Oppa. I saw you did this to him before. Honestly I badly want to slap you right now, but it so pitiful for my hand to touch your dirty self”. She lean closer to her ear to whisper. “Enjoy your humiliation... !”. Shin Hye lean back and smirk before leave after shoot a glare toward Yoo Chun who raise his both palms at her.

Yoo Chun chuckle once Shin Hye leave and glance at Eun Hye’s red and embarrass face. “She is so cool. If not because of her, I would never see you like this”.

“Shut up!”, Eun Hye hiss in irritation.

“But seriously, don’t you think her name sounds familiar?”, he wonder as he give her a tissue.

Eun Hye scoff. “Don’t tell me, she was one of your flings”.

“Nope. She looks too young for that. Not that I would reject her if she want because she was a lot hotter and more awesome than you”, he said carelessly mumble at the last sentence as he got up and leave her.

Eun Hye’s jaw drop from his statement and leave speechless as she saw him walk away from her.

***

“Did you want to say something?”, Shin Hye ask as she saw Yong Hwa keep glancing at her while driving back to her apartment.

“Why did you do this?”.

“Do what?”. She was playing dumb now.

Yong Hwa sigh. “Are you plan all of this?”.

“Yes”. She was being honest.

“Why?”.

“No reason”.

“How did you know they would be there?”.

“I didn’t”.

“Then why you call me to come?”.

“Just want to”.

Yong Hwa sigh again. He really can’t do anything every time she answer him this way. “Park Shin Hye!”, he was anything but yell to her.

“Okay, listen! I just curious to see your reaction and want give them- especially her, some lesson at the same time, get it?”.

Yong Hwa didn’t answer her- he just looking straight, focusing his eyes on the road.

“Are you mad at me?”. She tilted her head to see his face.

Yong Hwa let out a small smile. She look like a cute puppy when she do that. “How can I mad at you when you literally save my life today”. He reach for her hand and held it while he holdcthe steer with his one hand.

“Good then”. She smile, lean back to her seat and intertwine their fingers together.

The ride was silence once again until they heard his stomach growl in protest. Shin Hye giggle in amusement and look at her boyfriend who his ears was getting red from embarrassment.

“Awww~ my boyfriend is hungry”, she coo and pinch Yong Hwa’s cheek. “Come on, speed up. I’ll cook for you once we got home”.

Yong Hwa’s face beam like a child upon thinking they could have fun while cooking together. He smile to himself while planning what they will do after that. He blush when something popped in his mind. He glance at Shin Hye who look outside the window then to their intertwine finger and blush even more.

Oh-uh! Are you thinking ‘something’ Yong Hwa?.

 

###

 

 

 

Is it Yong Hwa or me who thinking about ‘something’ for the next chapter?

Well, well, let’s see later… hehehe.😁😉

So, how about this one? Please don’t forget to leave your comment and subscribe. It would give me more inspiration…

And bye-bye for now. God bless you!