Chapter 1: He and She

TWO TIMERS

Yong Hwa was running at full speed around the department store to find his girlfriend is where about. He was late about fifteen minutes from the mean time and he know for sure his girlfriend must be totally pissed off. She hate it so much every time he late then she would be yelling and shouting at him and he don’t want that to happen.

Meanwhile on the other side of the department store, Shin Hye had been strolling around with her two best friends looking for the best dress to wear for tonight party. “Are you being scolded again by your mom yesterday?”, Eun Jin ask as she pick a black sleeveless mini dress for her.

“Of course. She even smack my back when I refuse to take eoni's place in the company”, Shin Hye said as he watch her two best friends keep trying the dresses that they found.

“Actually, I still can get it. Why you don’t want to take it? Isn’t your eoni has a good position at your company?”, Ji Won  in at the conversation.

“That’s because it always remind me about eoni and how stupidly she choose to leave me by myself just because that jerk”, Shin Hye mutter under her breath and curl her fist to hold her anger. She hate every time she remember how her sister commit a suicide because her longtime boyfriend ditch her with her own best friend.

Shin Hye always had this feeling that the two person her sister treasure so much is just somehow used her sister’s kindness for their benefit but seeing how Min Young love them more anything, Shin Hye hold herself back to tell her about that. And now Shin Hye just can regret her careless decision for not stand for her sister and save her from them after Min Young is no more around. That now Min Young is gone and never will come back.

Shin Hye is pulled back from her thought when she heard commotion not far from where she stand. There is a guy who clumsily bump on to a rack full of clothes that make the rack move a few inch from its original place. That guy looked panic and in rush as he still carefully try to put the clothes that fall from the accident earlier back on the rack- afraid that he would put more damage on the branded clothes.

The guy keep bowing his head and saying sorry to the girl in charge in that store. “Jeosonghabnida. I’m really sorry”. The girl grunt in annoyance as she help him. “I’m sorry. I’ll pay for the damage that I cause”, he keep saying though it was clear that the guy was panicking about something else other that damn rack and clothes.

Shin Hye decide to approach them upon she saw him keep looking around as if looking for someone or something. “Leave it, she’ll take care of it. You seem in rush”, she said to the guy as she reach them. The girl look at her in fright while the guy look confuse. “I’m the owner of this store, I don’t see any damage at all so you can go”.

“Oh?! Kamsahabnida”. He bow his head in gratitude. He take something from his wallet and give it to Shin Hye- it was acard with his name and number on it- Jung Yong Hwa, CEO of Empire Tech Company- was written on that card. “There’s my number on it. Please call me if you need anything for me to pay. Once again sorry and thank you, I really have to go now”, he said before turn his heel and star running again. Leaving the dumbfounded Shin Hye.

“What was that?”, Ji Won ask as she now standing beside Shin Hye with Eun Jin behind her. They saw everything from the start and quite surprise to see Shin Hye land her hand on this matter for she known as a careless person toward stangers.

“Just a clumsy guy”, she said indifferently as she look at the card in her hand. “Are you finish? Can we grab some food? I’m famish”. She turn to her best friends and see them nodding their head eagerly because they are also feel hungry after two hour hunting for their outfit.

“Clean this mess and don’t tell anyone about this and my visit”, she said to the girl that still bowing her head before make her way out with Ji Won and Eun Jin following behind.

“That guy quite handsome, I think”, Eun Jin said out of the blue when they settle down on one of fast food restaurant and place their order.

“Nugu?”, Shin Hye ask while she is busy playing with her phone- checking her inbox as she got a message from her childhood friend who inform her about his birthday party.

“The guy from before. I think he is handsome and has this kind of innocence aura”, Eun Jin said dreamily- moving her hand while talking.

Shin Hye lift her eyes from her phone to look at her friend in front of her. “Is that so? I don’t really pay attention. Beside no guy is innocence, they all are jerk”.

“You just said that because every guy you met is a jerk. Doesn’t mean every guy is!”, Ji won said defensively disagree with her. “My Woo Bin oppa is not like that”, she add- bluffing about her longtime crush.

“Oh yeah. When he is not trying to get into your pants”, Shin Hye said sarcastically and roll her eyes. Eun Jin giggle to hear her comment and look at Ji Won who is ready to explode.

“Yah!”. Just before they got into bigger argument, their food come make them engross themselves on their food.

***

“Eun Hye-ya!”, Yong Hwa call as when he saw his girlfriend walk out from the salon. Yong Hwa walk to her only to get a slap on his right cheek. Yong Hwa held his cheek that start to get red, he can feel the ache from her powerful slap.

“Where have you been, huh? Don’t you know that I wait for an hour already?”. She glare at the guy in front of her that just bow his head looking at his shoes. “Answer me! Are you deaf or something?”.

“I’m sorry. But I’m sure I just late for 30 minutes”, he said lowly still looking down. He was afraid to look at her when she was angry like this.

“Just 30 minutes you say? So you said that it was my fault for being early and wait for you?”. She grit her teeth as she glare at him. “Now take this”. She shove her paper bags to his chest for him to bring. “Let's go! I still need a pair of shoe before we go home”. She walk a head of him and he follow suit behind her with her paper bags on both hands.

Everything is always the same for three years of their relationship. Every time he made a mistake he would get either a slap or scold from her even for just a silly mistakes, she would do the same. He was lucky she was not yelling this time. But as always he would keep quiet for not make anything become worse and also because he think he deserve that- it was his mistake. And he love her and don’t want to lose her. He was head over heal with her.

***

Shin Hye stretch her body and open her eyes when she felt the other side of her bed moving in one morning. She jump on to sitting position when she saw a pair of eyes looking at her. “Omo! What are you doing here?”.

“Trying to wake up the lazy bum”, said Kim Bum, her childhood friends that also Ji Won's cousin. “You remember to help me with my party, right?”. He eye her suspiciously.

“What party?”, she ask pretend to forget, still half awake. She lay her body and pull the blanket ready to continue her sleep.

“Yah! You are not gonna sleep again. I need your help to find the best outfit for my birthday party”. He pull the blanket away from her body to wake her up again.

“How old are you, huh? Do you really have to held this party?”. She was annoyed but still get up and look at the guy that already she consider as her twin from different mother. Could that even happen?

Kim bum is already grinning while also looking at her. “Of course. That’s why I need your help to make this party being supper cool”.

Shin Hye sigh before get up. “You just can’t stop bothering me, don’t you?”. She gave him a glare and make her way to her bathroom.

“I’ll wait outside, eomeoni ask me to have breakfast with her”. Kim bum make his way out from her room and hear her said, “Do as you please”, before he close the door.

***

Kim Bum stop his car in front of an Italian restaurant for lunch. He and Shin Hye have been out the whole day to get everything for that they need for his party. Once everything is ready, they decide to grab a lunch at his favorite restaurant.

As they step inside, Shin Hye’s eyes land on the couple at the far end of the room. The gilr had just splash a glass full of water to the guy that has his back on her direction. She knew the girl- she was her sister's ex-best friend. She is still the same, never change at all. She still the shameless and violent girl.

The girl get up and make her way to the door ready to leave and that time Shin Hye finally saw the guy whom with the girl, he left some cash on the table before run after her.

Time seems to stop the moment they pass by her. She can feel the anger rising in her body that make her clench her fist tightly. That girl, one of the person she hate the most in the world, the reason of her sister's death, and Min Young’s so call best friend- Yoon Eun Hye.

Then for a brief moment her eyes met with the guy that seems to recognize her. She feel her anger died down a little when their hand accidentally touching each other. The guy, now she remember him, he was the same guy as before- none other than that clumsy awkward boy- Jung Yong Hwa.

What exactly happen? How could they know each other? Is he her boyfriend? Isn’t she supposed to date Park Yoo Chun after she steal him from Min Young?. Too much question going through Shin Hye’s mind now and she have to find the answer!

But the most importance, what is this warm feeling she felt when their eyes met each other?

###

 

 

 

 

The first ever chapter! Hope you like it.

I know, supposed to finish my first story first but I’m stuck in this idea so I decide to put it down on to another story while I think the best way to write another chapter for The Flirty Couple.

Please be patient? I’m still working on that.

By the way, stay healthy everyone… good night!.

Please up vote, subscribe, and comment. :D