Chapter 14: It's Me

TWO TIMERS

Shin Hye stood there in frozen as she look straight to the guy in front of her with her cold eyes…

***

Two weeks ago…

Shin Hye was sitting inside the coffee shop with someone that she wouldn’t ever expect to be encounter with, Park Yoo Chun. She just sitting there, just watching the guy across her sipping his warm latte casually. They have been sitting there for about fifteen minutes without a single word coming from either one of them.

And Shin Hye was not about to wait any longer. “What do you want exactly? And how did you find me?”, she said with a tinge of annoyance in her voice.

Yoo Chun place his cup back on the table before lift his face to look at her. His expression was calm with a hint of playfulness, just like how she remember him to be. “It doesn’t matter. What’s the matter is, I’m here to help you”.

“What did you mean?”.

“You see, I am getting tired with all this game that they played. After all, their game give me nothing. Especially now, since her plan to get Yong Hwa become a big fail”.

“Seriously, I don’t get anything from what you are talking about. Help me? Game? And who are they that you are talking about?”.

“They, Eun Hye and her partner in crime. And I’m here to help you to get them”.

“Why?”.

“No reason”.

“And why should I trust you?”.

“You shouldn’t”.

There’s a long pause after that and then Shin Hye scoff. “What a nonsense!”.

“Let’s see it this way, it’s actually a win-win solution. You will set me free from this crazy which, while I’ll help you to get your revenge. Sounds good?”, Yoo Chun said with a stupid smirk that she wish she could wipe it off of his face.

“Why now? And why me?”.

Now it’s his turn to scoff. “You sure are not easy to convince, do you?”. “

I just can’t trust you”.

“Don’t you ever heard about keeping your friends close but keep your enemy closer. Can’t you just consider me that way so we can work together”.

“I don’t even consider you as one of them. First, I obviously not considering you as my friend. And second, even though I never like you in the first place, you are not good enough to be my enemy”.

Damn! She makes him speechless, he was the one who should make her frustrated, not either way around like this. He growl at her, he was slowly losing his . “Okay, fine. I’ll be honest with you. I’m just bored with her, I get sick of her and I want to get rid of her as fast as possible. And since I don’t want to get involve with her anymore in the future, I’ll just blow off her secret to you. I don’t care what happen to her or the other person, as long as I won’t ever see her annoying face again I’m good with that”.

“So you will use me to get rid of her?”.

“Yes!”, he yell out of his frustration.

“And what’s this secret you are talking about?”.

“So are you trust me now?”.

“Well, I’m listening, so…”. 

“Huh… Whatever”, he exhale loudly. “Anyway, let’s say that you trust the wrong person and that’s why your search lead to nothing”.

Shin Hye look at him with a frown.

What’s that supposed to mean?

***

Min Ho is genuinely surprise to see Shin Hye in front of his door, smiling so cheerfully as if she won some lottery or short of, even though he could swear that she look like ready to kill someone with her cold expression just a millisecond ago- or was he just imagining things? “Shin? What are you doing here?”, Min Ho ask as he give her a hug.

“Nothing, I just passing by and thought that I should pay you a visit since I haven’t see you for a while”. She pull back from the hug to look at him. “How have you been?”.

“I’m fine as you can see. Still busy with some stuff but fine. Anyway come in”. Min Ho step aside to let her in and walk to her to the living room. “It’s really nice to finally see you, I thought you start to forget me since you got a new boyfriend”, he said half joking.

“Of course not”, she answer shortly, looking around his house as if it was her first time in it.

He think something was off with her behavior but maybe it’s just because it’s been so long since she come and he did do some renovation with his house. “Want me to get you something?”, he said that snap her out for whatever she was doing.

“Oh sure. Thank you”, she said and gave him a little smile.

“Okay then. Wait here, I’ll go get you some snack”.

“Okay”, she said and watch him turn and walk toward kitchen direction. “Oh! Oppa, may I use your bathroom for a while?”, she ask just before he disappear behind the kitchen door.

“Sure”, she heard him saying.

Well, she didn’t really need to use the bathroom, instead she has something else to do. She walk to the hallway toward his bedroom direction. She look around to make sure he is nowhere around before slowly turn the door handle, luckily it was not locked. She enter the room and close the door behind her before start to rummage around his room. Starting from the bed side table to his closet. Nothing.

She look around again under the mattress, still nothing. She is starting to get frustrated until she spots a suspicious box under his bed. She crouch down beside the bed and pull the box out. Inside the box was a ton of paper that looks like some kind of rather old document, since the paper color is being a bit yellowish and torn here and there for being store for too long.

Since she doesn’t have much time left, she just put the papers inside her bag and put the box bock to its original spots. She check the room one last time to make sure she doesn’t make a mess that would make it obvious that she had been sneaking around before get out and come back to the living room. Acting as if nothing happen.

As she come back, there he was sitting on the single couch, playing with his phone with a tray full of snacks and drinks on the coffee table in front of him. He looks up from his phone once he heard the clanking sound of her heels. “What takes you so long?”, he ask with a smile.

“Sorry. Damn stomachache. I must eating something wrong this afternoon”, she smoothly lie as he sat down opposite him.

“Gwenchanayo?”, he ask, concern clearly draw on his face.

“Ne, I’m fine now”. She took a sip from her tea.

They chat for a while. Well mostly he was the one who talk while she mind was lost somewhere else…

---

“Lee Min Ho”, Yoo Chun state all of sudden.

“What’s with him?”.

“Did you think he was being truth to you?”.

---

“…Yong Hwa. I’m jealous of him” that one statement pull her back to the present.

“Ne?”. What the hell?

“I- I mean, since you guys been dating, you barely have time to spend with me. And we didn’t hangout together as much as before”, Min Ho said, looking sadder than ever.

“I’m sorry”, was all she can say.

“No, no, it is fine. After all, you are here now and I wish we can…”, and her phone rang.

“Excuse me”, she look at him with apologetic eyes before picking up and Min Ho just can give her a small smile.

“Yeobosseyo? Yong Oppa?!”, she said with full excitement- his smile drop. “You’re already home? ...”. As she keep talking on the phone, Min Ho frown was getting deeper by each passing second.

He wish he could just snatch her phone and turn it off so she could stop being all lovey-dovey with that damn Yong Hwa. He shake his thought off and smile once Shin Hye end the call. “So where we have been?”.

“I’m sorry Oppa. I have to go now. Yong Hwa just come home from his business trip. And I have to see him fast. I’ll see you next time okay. Bye Oppa”. She give him a hug then march her way to the door, not give him any change to speak.

“Can’t you just stay here and not go to him?”, Min Ho said to himself as he see her disappear behind the door.

***

Shin Hye drove along the way to Yong Hwa condo, after good 20 minutes of drive she finally arrive. Shin Hye rest her forehead on the wheel once she park her car. She was lying about Yong Hwa’s business trip, the truth is he call just to check where she was and ask her not to come home late. But Shin Hye had to lie in order to get out of there as soon as possible.

She took a deep breath then straighten up her position. She reach for her bag that she toss on the back seat and grab the paper that she found inside his room and start reading it off. She frown when she notice it’s all about Min Young case. Suddenly, she remember what Yoo Chun Has told her…

---

“Did you ever think that maybe he was hiding something from you?”.

“He won’t do that”.

“Are you sure? Because as long as I remember, he knew about my affair with Eun Hye long before your sister found out, and he keep it a secret and just let us playing behind her back”, and Yoo Chun smirk again.

“It’s because he loves her and he don’t want to see her hurt”.

“No, you were wrong. In fact, he never even like you sister”.

Now she have to think again about that.

---

Shin Hye keep flipping through the paper, and what she found next makes her heart drop to her stomach that made her feel really sick. “No way. This is not true…”.

The next thing she knew, she was wobbling her feet toward Yong Hwa condo. She fail to enter the passcode a few time because her trembling hands while tries to keep her tears from falling before she gave up and drop down on the floor in front of the door, crying her heart out from the truth she just found out.

She sobbed uncontrollably, her body shaking violently from her crying while she clutch the sheet of paper she just read.

***

Yong Hwa check the time again, it’s an hour and half since she call and said that she was on her way home but till now she’s not coming yet and he start to worry that something happen to her. He tries to call her but no one’s answering.

And finally, worry got the best of him. He grab his keys and was about to step out his condo when he see Shin Hye’s break down in front of him. In state of panic, he crouch down and held her shoulder. “Shin, what’s going on? What happen? Why you crying like this?”.

Shin Hye slowly lift her head to look at him with her tearful eyes. The sight is breaking him. He quickly pull her in his embrace, stoking her arms in shooting way. “Hey, what’s wrong?Tell me”, he whisper in her ear.

“O-Oppa?”, she said with her broken voice.

“What is it baby? Just say it”.

“I-It’s all my fault. It’s all because of me”.

“What are you talking about, hmm?”.

“It’s me…, Mi-Min Young died because of me…”, she manage to say then continue sobbing in his embrace.

###

Anyeonghasseyo…

We met again everyone…

And yes I’m still alive hehe… (Laugh awkwardly while scratching my head) and I know I up for not updating for so long, but I really caught up with work and stuff… hope you understand…

I may not updating again soon, but I promise I will continue to write this tory till the end. Wish you’ll still anticipate it…

This chapter is quite short but I still write it anyway and I add a bit twist of the story here…

Tell me what you think about it…

Like always, leave me your comment and please subscribe… Kamsahabnida yeorobun, Anyeong….👋👋