Chapter 12: Hubby and Wifey

TWO TIMERS

Eun Hye was still in rage after what happen yesterday. She can accept being humiliate like that, mostly by some mysterious girl who suddenly come and state as Yong Hwa’s girlfriend. She never expect that to happen, she never expect him can also cheat just like her and what’s with his reaction? How can he be so calm like that? It really hurt her pride- the way Yong Hwa act as if he didn’t feel anything after caught her cheating behind him. And don’t forget that smile he give to that girl, who her name again? - Shin Hye. Yes, Shin Hye!

You and Yong Hwa would regret for what you do to me, she thought.

“Yoo Chun, he seem to know her. I should ask him whether he really knew her or not”. Eun Hye going out from her room to go to Yoo Chun who is busy with his laptop picking which picture to use from the photo-shoot.

“Babe?”, she call once she is inside the studio.

“Hmm?”, he hum indifferently.

“I wanna ask you something. It’s about that girl from yesterday, you said you heard her name before, right?”, she ask directly to the point.

“Maybe”, he said still didn’t move his gaze from the screen.

Eun Hye who feel irritated from being ignore- walk toward him and close his laptop harshly.

“Ya!”, Yoo Chun yell while glaring at her.

“There you are, can you stop your work for a while when I talk to you?!”.

Yoo Chun sigh then lean his back on the chair as he look up at her. “Alright, what is it? Let’s finish this fast so I can continue my work”.

Eun Hye roll her eyes at him. “Tell me are you really ever heard her name before?”.

“I think so”, he said after thinking for a while.

“Where and when you heard that?”.

“Why? Why you so eager to know?”, he question her back.

“None of your business, just answer me”, she snap.

“Fine, if that could make you stop bothering me”. He straighten his posture. “I think I heard that from Min Young, I remember she ever told me once about having a sister. I’m not sure what’s the name though but it seems like Park Shin Hye or something, I don’t know”, he shrug his soulder.

“Min Young? You mean Park Min Young? Are you sure?”, she squint her eyes at him.

“You think how many Min Young in the whole Korea that I knew, huh?”, he ask irritably.

“Who knows? Maybe about hundreds”, she said as she made her way out.

“What?!”. He glare at her though she couldn’t see that. “I wonder why I can stand staying with that psycho girl”, he murmur to his self and shake his head as he re-open his laptop.

Meanwhile in her room, Eun Hye was looking at her reflection in her body-length mirror. Creepy smile spread across her face as new realization hit her. “Park Shin Hye, is it true that she is your beloved little sister, Min Young-ah. This is really interesting, it just give me more reason to make her life miserable or should I send her to go with you? Don’t you miss her ‘my dear friend’?”, she said then laugh evilly.

 

***

 

Yong Hwa can’t stop to wipe his sweaty palms on the material of his pants. He was sitting on the single couch while Shin Hye’s father was sitting opposite of him with Shin Hye who sit beside her father on another couch looking indifferent as she cup her face in her hands that she put on the armrest.

Yong Hwa can’t help but glance at her from time to time because he was so nervous being stare down by her father like that.

On the other hand, Shin Hye doesn’t even spare a glance either for her boyfriend nor her father. She was annoyed because her supposed to be perfect morning was ruin by her father sudden burst. It can be seen by her deep frown on her forehead and pout on her lips that she was super annoyed, she even can’t sense uneasiness from her boyfriend and the high tension between the two men.

“Ahem”, Mr. Park clear his throat to get both youngster attention.

Yong Hwa look up at him immediately while Shin Hye lazily glance at him. She could tell he was trying to calm himself down by now.

She hate him, yes. But he was easier to talk to rather than her mother- at least they won’t end up yelling at each other if they were argue and he won’t end up burst into tears the way her mother would be if ever she is being too bold in showing her hate and disappointment toward them.

Because it will always make her feel bad and weak that make her want to just run to her, wipe her tears, and forget everything they done to her. But of course she won’t do that, she won’t even give them a single clue about that.

Mr. Park took a deep breath and stare at the nervous Yong Hye. “What is your name, young men?”, he ask with his deep voice that sound really intimidating, though he didn’t mean to.

“Ju- Jung Yong Hwa”, Yong Hwa found himself stammering. He clear his throat to ease his nervousness.

Shin Hye look at him and can’t help to smile amusedly at his cute antic. She even wink at him to as he glance at her direction.

“What did you do?”, Mr. Park ask that make him broke his eye contact with Shin Hye.

“Y-Ye?”, he ask dumbly.

“What did you do for work?”, Mr. Park ask again.

Yong Hwa glance at Shin Hye and she give him the look as if saying ‘told you’, before look back at Mr. Park and answer, “I work as a CEO at my family company”, he said confidently.

“What company?”. Mr. Park actually impress with the young men in front of him. At such young age like him, he already be a CEO. He must be really smart, he thought.

He is not being materialistic here, he just want the best for her daughter. He already fail once and he didn’t want to fail twice.

“Empire Tech, it’s my family business. My father has the company and I just help him to handle the business”, Yong Hwa said honestly, he didn’t want to claim it as his because it was the fact that his father was the one who own the company and not him.

What a humble boy, Mr. Park thought. He glance at his daughter who has a proud smile on her face. He could tell that she likes this boy so much and he can’t lie that he also like him. Yong Hwa didn’t just have a handsome face, he also has a good attitude and if he can be a successful CEO, he must be a responsible person. Moreover Mr. Park knew his family so well. 

He said that his father is the owner of Empire Tech, that means Yong Hwa was the son of Jung Jae Seok, his business partner that also his best friend.

It’s no joke when people said the world are actually small. It seem just yesterday when they plan to arrange a married for Yong Hwa and Min Young and here he is already dating his other daughter without his knowing. It’s a relief that the plan never happen, actually.

Mr. Park sigh and look again at Yong Hwa who wait for his next word with his nervous heart. “I can’t do anything else but to give you my blessing. You already did this far with my daughter and you have to take your responsibility toward her. Beside I see you are good enough for her”.

Yong Hwa’s face lit up but Shin Hye scoff at her father. “Is it that hard to just say that you like him or your pride is too high to say that?”, she said spitefully. “Ah! I see, your ego didn’t allow you to do that”. Shin Hye get up from her seat and ready to go but Yong Hwa call her and shake his head at her- forbid her to leave. Shin Hye sigh and sit back- this time directing her back toward her father while pouting after glaring at Yong Hwa.

“This girl”, Mr. Park grumble under his breath.

“Thank you ahjusi, I’m really grateful that you approve our relationship. I promise to take good care of her with all my heart and I promise to protect her with all my life”, Yong Hwa said and bow in gratitude to the old men.

“I have your word with me”.

“Ye, ahjusi”.

“Just call me abeoji, you will be my son in the near future anyway”, Mr. Park said and Shin Hye roll her eyes.

“Y-ye, abeoji”, Yong Hwa said awkwardly.

“Are you done?”, Shin Hye ask out of the blue. “If yes, you may go now. I have another things to do”. She give Mr. Park her infamous poker face- the sign that she had enough of him for today.

“Yes, I will go know”. And Mr. Park take the sign immediately. He didn’t want their relationship become worse than it already have.

“Don’t you want to join us for breakfast, abeoji?”, Yong Hwa ask politely.

“I-“.

“No, he was busy. He didn’t have much time to join us”, Shin Hye cut him off before Mr. Park can response to Yong Hwa’s offer.

“Shin Hye!”, Yong Hwa give her a look to warn her. “NO!”.

She click her tongue and leave them mumbling something like ‘annoying’ on her way.

Yong Hwa massage his temple and sigh. What would I do to her, he thought. Yong Hwa look back at Mr. Park who has his face fall in sadness. “I’m sorry about that, abeoji”, Yong Hwa said.

“No, it’s okay. I know how she is, it’s just still hard for me to accept that”, Mr. Park said and Yong Hwa could only smile in sympathy. “Beside I can see that she listen to you better that to me”, he smile bitterly.

“Aniya, abeoji. It’s just…”, Yong Hwa try to explain. He just didn’t want to hurt the old men's feeling. It was already bad enough with the way she treat him, no need to add that she was more obedient to another person rather than her own father.

“It’s okay, son. You don’t need to feel bad about it. Actually I’m happy that there is someone to look after her. Please take good care of her”. Mr. Park walk to Yong Hwa and squeeze his shoulder lightly. “I will go now, tell her I’m leaving”.

“Sure abeoji. Please be careful on your way”. Yong Hwa walk him to the door and bow before the old men leave with his car.

Once Mr. Park was nowhere in sight, Yong Hwa close the door and walk inside to find Shin Hye. He found her standing in front of the kitchen counter while playing with her breakfast. He walk toward her and hug her waist from behind-resting his chin on her shoulder while watching her stir her spoon on her bowl full with cereal. He smile at her childish preference of food.

“Your father already leave", he said softly.

She just hum while lift her hand to take a spoonful of cereal into .

"Are you mad at me?”, he ask while drawing a circle with his finger on her tummy. “I’m sorry. I just didn’t want you to be rude to your father”. He kiss her shoulder and tighten his hold on her. “Don’t you said yourself that you want to maintain you relationship with your parents?”.

“When did I said that?”, she ask coldly as she turn her head side way to look at him.

“I remember you said that you must be in good relationship with your parents first before you can marry me”, he said that made her frown got deeper. “Don’t you think you have to start to mend that from now on so I can marry you as soon as possible?”, he said with twinkle in his eyes.

Her heart soften to hear that he was actaully care. “Who said I want to marry you as soon as possible?”, she and his smile grew wider as he know she no longer mad at him. “Beside did you think it would be easy to do that? As you can see, it’s hard for me to say a proper word to them. I always said a hurtful word even though I don’t intend to do so”, her voice was getting lower and lower.

“Hey, I’m her, right? I promise to help you with everything, didn’t I?”, he said and give her his most charming smile to encourage her.

She smile at him as she ask, “Will you?”.

He nods his head and hum. “I will do that so I don’t have to wait too long to announce you to the world as Mrs. Jung”, he joke.

“You opportunist guy”, she accuse as she giggle at his antic.

“Of course, how did you think I become a CEO at my young age?”, he said with full of confident.

“Are you brag about yourself now?”. She can’t stop herself from giggling and he was more than glad to hear that.

“Ani, I just show you that I have the material for a perfect future husband”, he said and smirk at her.

“Now, now Mr. Jung. You are being so full of yourself, you know that?”, she said and slap his hand playfully.

“Just for my beautiful Shinji”, he said and kiss her lips.

Just as she start to kiss him back, he suddenly broke the kiss that make her look at him in confusion. “Wae?”, she ask.

Yong Hwa his lips while looking at her in wonder. “Did it just me or you do taste like a strawberry?”, he ask innocently.

“Mwo?”, she ask and laugh at his silly question. “Well, I just eat cereal with strawberry flavor if you want to know. Wae?Did you want some?”. She lift her bowl to show him.

Yong Hwa cringe as he saw that and shook his head. “Nah-ah. I’m not into cereal, beside I have a better way to taste it”, he said and give her a noughty smile before capture her lips again.

Shin Hye put down the bowl and turn her body to face him as she kiss him back. She sneak her arms around his neck while he tighten his arms around her waist- pulling her closer to him. They kiss for a while until they find the need for air before they broke the kiss. They smile as they rest their forehead in each other, their eyes was still tightly close.

“Now, would you mind to make me a toast and coffee for my breakfast… wifey?”, he said in a teasing tone.

She giggle before answering, “Sure, hubby”.

Yong Hwa open his eyes and beam in happiness. “Wow, I like how that nicknames. Could we call each other that way from now on?”.

Shin Hye smile but shook her head as she escape from his hold and start to prepare to make his breakfast. “No way. It’s gross”.

“Why not? It sounds good though”, he tried to conceive her.

“Nah, we are not even married yet”.

“Is that mean you will call me ‘Hubby’ once we got married?”.

Shin Hye pretend to think for a while. “Perhaps”, she said lastly.

He run to her then kiss her cheek. “I take that as a yes, wifey”, he said before helping her while Shin Hye just roll her eyes.

He can be really childish sometimes.

 

###

 

 

Finally, chapter 12 is finish. Hope you like it.

Again don’t forget to leave your comment and subscribe and thank you for you who give your time to read this story. 

Hopefully you won’t get bored. Hehe…😁

So, good night. See you when I see you again… bye-bye!👋