Chapter 16: Incomplete Without You

TWO TIMERS

The sound of the wave and the feel as the wind caress your skin, so calm and refreshing. That’s the feeling that she really need now. She heard the soft sound as her bare foot make contact with the sand. Her mind come to the past when everything still feels so perfect. She remember her child hold as she always play with her sister, building sand castle together, or just walking around to search for sea shell. What a pleasant memory, she can help the tears to roll down her eyes. She miss those days- She miss her.

What are you thinking?”.

“Many things. Me, my life, the past, present, and the future”. She keep her eyes close as she heard those voice she miss so much.

Don’t over thinking anything”.

“Easy for you to say, you never understand how it feel”.

Just let go Shin, and everything would be easier”.

“I can’t. Not after all of this”.

I just want you to be happy”.

“I was but then you leave me”.

You know I’ve never leave you”.

“Liar”. And she open her eyes, looking straight to the sea, the sun has set making the wind become chillier. “You are liar Eony”. She wipe her tears and take a deep breath. Turning on her heels with new set of mind.

She take out her phone and dial a number. “Yoo Chun-shi…”

 

***

 

Min Hyuk, Jong Hyun, and Jung Shin jump in surprise as the door suddenly burst open revealing a panic Yong Hwa looking all bother with his mess up clothes.

“YA!!! Kkamjjagiya! Hyung, what’s wrong with you?” Min Hyuk said while rubbing his chest to calm his startled heart.

“I- I need your help…”, Yong Hwa said in hid trembling voice.

“What happen?”, Jong Hyun was the first to ask as the three boys exchange looks. They look at Yong Hwa with pure concern and curiosity.

“Hyung, why don’t you sit down first then tell us what happen”, Jung Shin said then get up to guide Yong Hwa to sit on the couch while Min Hyuk go to get water for him.

“Okay, what happen”, Jong Hyun ask after Yong Hwa drank his water.

“Shin Hye, she is missing. She told me she will go to Busan to relax her mind for a few days but it’s already more than a week and she hadn’t come back yet”, he said franticly.

“You already call her?”.

“Yes, I call her every day, at first she pick up my call but lately I can’t even reach her, I’m worried if something happen to her”.

“You already ask her parents?”

“What about her friends?”.

“They also have no idea where she is”, He said- burying his face in his hands, “I really don’t know what to do anymore”. Unconsciously, tears fall down as his mind cloud with all bad things that possibility happen to her.

“Okay, okay. Let’s calm down and be positive. We all know that Shin Hye-shi is a tough girl. I’m sure she will be fine wherever she was right now”, Jung Hyun said trying to console his Hyung.

“When exactly the last time she pick up your call?”.

“Four days ago, she said she was at the Beach, looking at sun set after that not once my call reach her”.

“Did she said anything else?”

“No, she…” He pause as he something flash his mind “Yes, I remember she said something like no matter what she will always love me then she said that I shouldn’t miss her and not to worry too much”.

Jong Hyun frown at the information “Hmm, that’s strange”, he said exchanging quick glance toward Min Hyuk and Jung Shin.

“Hyun-ah what if… what if she plan all this, what if she do something, what if she… No!!!”.

Min Hyuk shake his body to snap him out. “Hyung! HYUNG CALM DOWN! Nothing bad would happen to Noona. Trust Me!”

The boys has never see Yong Hwa like this before and to tell the truth, it actually scare them. They know how their hyung was, Yong Hwa has always be so protective and love his girlfriend passionately. But this is the first time they saw Yong Hwa losing his cool like this, he looks like someone had destroy his world.

“I don’t know Min Hyuk-ah. I wish she will come back soon”. He really wish Min Hyuk was right because he don’t know what would he does if something happen to her. 

 

***

 

Meanwhile, Min Ho was also depress by Shin Hye’s missing. He never expect her to disappear like this. He never want this to happen. If only he never did what he does. If only he can control himself a bit, all of this won’t happen. 

~~~

Flash back

Right after Shin Hye leave his house, Min Ho go to his bed room to take his laptop but then he notice a few thing had misplace on his desk. He panic, assuming Shin Hye had rummage his bad room. Quickly he check everything and notice his journal has been missing. At that he realize he was screw up so bad.

He had expect police to show up appear in front of his house as he open the door but instead he found Shin Hye standing there with unreadable expression- she was smiling but her smile doesn’t reach her eyes. She ask him if she can come inside and he reluctantly let her in. she stop in the middle of the living room- they stand there in awkward silent for a while.

Can stand the silence anymore he ask, “Why you here?”.

She turn around and look at him straight in the eyes- He never see her eyes this cold before. “Why Oppa, I can’t be here?”.

Not breaking their eye contact, he said, “You know that’s not what I mean”. Really, he never wish those eyes to look at him this way. “I know you already found out, don’t act as if you know nothing?”, he add.

“Good that you realize, but the question is ‘why?’, I trust you!”. She was anything but yelling. Her eyes red for holding back her tears. “Why it has to be you Oppa?”, her voice getting weaker at the end.

It pain him to see her that way but he can’t do anything about it- he was the one who cause it. “You know why”.

“IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE!!!”, She scream as her tears finally fall down. “You both are best friends, you know her long before you meet me, you love her… How could you do this to her…”

He could feel her pain, the feeling of betrayal that she feel sounds clear in her voice. He take a step closer- wanting to touch her but she back away as soon as he move. “Shin…”, he call- his voice merely just a whisper. “You know I do this for you because I love you and I want you to be happy”.

“By killing Min Young?!”, she snarl. “And what nonsense is this?! You think I will be happy to be the cause of her death?!”.

“NO, it’s not like that!” He tried to approach her again and she take another step back.

“STAY AWAY FROM ME!!” She shout.

“Okay, I won’t touch you but listen! You know all I want is just to see you happy and Min Young is the only thing that keep you away from your happiness and I…”

“And who are you to decide that?! Who are you to say that I’m not happy because of her?! As for you to know, she was the one who makes me realize that I’m not alone, she was the one who makes me feel loved while everyone turn their back on me. She was one of the things that makes me know how feeling of happiness is, and you… You destroy everything!!!”. She was breathing hard once she finish. Tears still rolling down her face.

​​​​​​“That’s not true. I never want to destroy you happiness, if anything it’s the opposite”

“Bull!”

“Shin, I love you, that’s why I did all of this”.

She scoff “Love, if this what you call love, I’d rather you never love me or better, I wish we never knew each other at all”, She said before trying to walk pass him.

Min Ho was stun by what she said and it shot him right to his heart. He grab Shin Hye’s hand. “Where do you think you are going?”, he said trough grit teeth.

“Let me go!” she said try to yank her arm from his grip.

“Like hell I’ll let you go!” he shout before yanking her close to him then kiss her harshly while Shin Hye keep struggling under his hold.

Min Ho stumble a few feet away as a strong punch land on side of his face. He froze in shock from the sudden force. After a few moment he lift his face and his eyes land on the man in front of him- he was standing between him and Shin Hye who seems in total shock. The man- he recognize him as Park Yoo Chun- give him a disgusted look.

“Woah… and here I always thought I am the jerk. I never know you are a bigger jerk than me. How can you call yoursel. a man when you kiss a girl without her consent like that? Woah… Daebak”, Yoo Chun clap mockingly.

“What? Surprise to see me? Or are you surprise that I stop you from your disgusting act?”, he add as Min Ho just glare at him.

“Yoo Chun- shi! Enough!”, Shin Hye command which Yoo Chun just shrug off.

Her face set into a hard line as she looks at Min Ho with dagger eyes. “I never now you are this low. At least now I’m glad that Min Young never had a chance to see this side of you” Her tone was cold as ice and Min Ho can’t do anything but froze right there.

“Let’s go Yoo Chun- shi” and then they are gone with Yoo Chun give him his smug smirk.

 

End of Flash Back

~~~

 

“I’M SO STUPID!!!”. Min Ho pull his own hair and scream- letting his body fall to the cold floor while he cried over his regret.

 

***

 

“Aren’t you going to go home?”, a voice come from behind her but she doesn’t have to turn around to know that it was her cousin- Kim Jae Joong. She just answer with a hum.

She heard her cousin sigh, “It’s been two weeks, Shin. Don’t you think it was just time for you to go back?”, he said while joining her looking at view of Shibuya.

“Are you trying to kick me out?”, she tried to joke.

“You know that’s not what I mean”, he gave her a mocking glare.

“I know, sorry”.

They fall in silence for a few moment, they just stand there enjoying the view. “Everyone must be worried sick right now”, he said suddenly. “Why don’t you tell them you are here? Ahjuma had been calling me over and over, asking whether you are here or not and I feel bad for lying to her”.

“I’m sorry”, she bow her head feeling really bad to her cousin.

“Shin…” He call, his voice soft and loving. “Whatever problem you’ve been through now, you know hiding won’t solve anything”.

“You’re right but I just can’t face anyone at the moment and I really need to think things off. I really need to clear my mind over some matters”.

“Hmm Okay. Anyway, you know that I’m really happy to have you here but you really need to go back and sort things out. Face your problem before it getting worst”.

“I see. Thank you Oppa, I know I can always count on you”. She hug her cousin feeling glad to have him by her side.

“You are welcome, sweetie”

 

***

 

A few days latter...

Shin Hye arrive at her apartment right after midnight. Feeling all drain and exhausted. She don’t expect to find Yong Hwa- still with his office attire curl up on her sofa holding her picture close to his chest- sleeping with frown on his handsome face. She walk to him leaving her luggage in the middle of the room then crouch down in front of him.

She study his face. He look skinnier than the last time she saw him, his skin look so pale with black circle around his eyes. She never know how much worries she put on him till now. Seeing him like this, she feels really bad for disappearing like that. She reach out to his cheek and watch as his eyes flutter open.

He looks at her for the longest time before a single tear roll down his face. “Shinji…”, he whisper her name.

She give him a small smile then whisper back to him, “Hi…”.

He reach out his hand- her cheek while his eyes never leaving hers. “It’s you…”. His voice sounds so vulnerable.

“It’s me”.

“You come back”, he said again and she wish she never go.

“Yes”, he said softly barely above a whisper as if she said it any louder he would burst like a bubble.

In the next second she was already inside his embrace while he buried his face in the crook of her neck, in haling her smell that he miss so much. “Oh… Baby. I miss you so much”, he sobs.

“I miss you too Oppa”, she felt really emotional in his secure arms.

“Don’t ever leave me like that again, I feel I’m going crazy”.

“I won’t. I’m sorry”.

Yong Hwa pull back a little to look at her face then start to trail kisses all over her face which end in . He kiss her deeply before pulling back and put their forehead together. “Don’t ever do that to me again. I’m so afraid that I will lose you forever”, he said.

“I promise, I won’t ever leave you like that again”.

He sight in content. “I love you”.

“And I you”.

They connect their lips again, lashing out their feeling to fill the piece that have been missing while they’ve been away from each other. Because they are incomplete without one another…

 

 

 

###

 

There it is. A brain new chapter that finally I can write after a long, long time. Wish I’m not disappoint you…

I really work hard for this chapter. Hope you like it.

Anyway, I’ll try my best to write this story till the end but I’m not sure how long it will take so please be patient with me. Thank you for everyone who support me and this story, I really appreciate it. Thank you so much…

Good night from here… bye-bye. See you when I see you again…

 

 

Ps. I’ll try to update again next week but I can’t promise. Still, I’ll try my best.