The Bloodied

Crimson Bond

 

Momo sits on top of the rooftop entrance and watches with disgust as Victoria sinks her teeth into Nayeons neck. She hated this, hated betraying her members, Hyoyeon and Tzuyu, but what choice did she have? Victoria not only threatened her own life, she threatened the life of Hyoyeon, who had become an almost literal second mother to her. She couldn’t stand the thought of losing her. At least this way she’d be able to keep one of them...if that.

"Are you done?” Momo asks in an irritated voice, wanting this to be over with. Victoria pulls away from Nayeons neck, the girl looking visibly weaker than before.

"Not yet...she tastes amazing, like honey.” Victoria remarks with an evil grin before burying her canines into the poor girl's neck once again. Momo snarls at the comment and leaps down from her perch, pulling Nayeon away from the older vampire.

"The deal was you turn Nayeon and release her in the dorm room unfed. Not that you drain every last drop out of her, then beg for another.” Momo spits, causing Victoria to growl in annoyance.

"You really aren’t in a position to be arguing how we should go about this, little newborn. Or did you forget the vow I made if you tried to disobey.” Momo tenses up, silver eyes glaring at Victoria as her canines elongate with the rising fury she felt bubbling inside her. Victoria grins and reaches out for Nayeon once again, but Momo backs up. She looks down at Nayeon, then back up at Victoria. Her mind races as she starts to have second thoughts. She was so scared when Victoria had first threatened her, but now she only felt anger and resentment towards the Vampire trying to kill her friend. She decided upon an almost certainly fatal decision and brings her wrist up to and bites down, still glowering at Victoria as her expression visibly changes. At first Victoria though this little diversion bothersome, but amusing. Now she was starting to get more irritated and a  warning growl rumbles towards Momo.

"Do that and any chance you had of living goes over the edge of the building.” Victoria threatens, raising a brow to see if Momo actually has the guts to go through with what she’s suggesting.

Little fact about vampires, it is the mixture of blood and saliva that triggers the turning process, but the two have to come from the same vampire. If one vampire bites a human, but another feeds them their blood, that one vampire will be unable to turn the human until the blood has passed through it's system. Momo learned this from Hyoyeon, and if she knew, then Victoria knew as well. Momo takes a deep breath and defiantly brings her wrist up to Nayeons mouth. At first there's no response, but after a few moments Nayeon begins to drink the blood up greedily, bringing up a hand to the wrist so she can control the flow. Victoria sits there fuming for a few quick moments before she cries out in anger and launches herself at Momo.

 

---

 

Tzuyu walks into the dormitory building with a curious gaze. It is the first time she’d ever been in such a building, and the mundane appearance of it gave her a different impression than what she was first left with about the idols in South Korea. It looks so….plain. Am I in the right place? Tzuyu thinks to herself. She takes in a deep breath catching all sorts of different smells. Eventually her nose hits upon the chocolate strawberry she was searching for  and starts up the stairs until she find the door with a smell attached to it. She reaches up a hand, then hesitates. A tight knot in her stomach forms and she looks down at it in confusion. It had been so long since she felt nervous she had forgotten what experiencing it was like. It was uncomfortable, and made Tzuyu want to turn around and walk away in the hopes that the feeling might go away. She swallows, then squares her shoulders and places three firm knocks on the door before waiting patiently, the knot in her stomach threatening to rip her wide open.

A girl with long, ash blond hair opens the door and looks at Tzuyu with wide eyes. Tzuyu stares back at those wide eyes with a curious expression of her own. After a few moments of awkward silence, the girl coughs.

"Can I help you?” She asks with a tilt of the head. Tzuyu blinks then forces a soft smile onto her features.

"Yeah. I’m here to see Mina. I’m a...friend.” She responds with a gentle tone, trying to come across as friendly though it’s questionable if it got across or not. The girl responds with a bright smile.

"Oh! So you’re the girl Mina keeps going on and on about.” Sana chirps, then waves for her to enter. “Come in, come in. I’ll grab Mina. Ooooh, she’ll be so happy to see you.” Sana then turns and bolts down the hallway as Tzuyu stands silently in the common area, looking around with hawk like eyes. It was...plain. Aside from the assortment of colored blankets and stuffed things on the couch. Tzuyu had always pictured the inside of a girl groups dorm to be as bright and sickeningly cheerful as their music videos.

Her attention is turned back to the hallway as she hears footsteps shuffle hurriedly down the hallway, then breaks into a soft genuine smile as Mina walks into the room.

"You’re here.” Mina states, looking Tzuyu up and down.

"I’m here.” Tzuyu responds, clasping her hands behind her back. An awkward silence descends on the two as they just sit there staring at each other. Eventually, Mina breaks the silence.

"You know...I thought after I left...I’d never see you again.”

"I didn’t think I’d actually come.” Tzuyu confesses, “But....” She takes a step towards Mina. “I couldn’t leave things the way we left them.” Tzuyu finishes as her eyes study Mina’s face. Mina blushes and ducks her head down, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear. Tzuyu was the action with a soft expression and she reaches up a hand to cup Mina’s cheek.  The girl looks up into the dark irises of the vampire staring down at her and finds herself lost in their soulful hypnosis. The small gap between them starts closing and Tzuyu finds her chest contracting in excitement. There is no bloodlust, no want for what’s in Mina’s veins, but a want for Mina instead. She can feel the soft brush of Mina’s breath against her skin and is about to fully close the distance when her hearing is decimated by an angry screech. Tzuyu immediately pulls back and looks around, leaving Mina in a confused and thoroughly dissapointed state.

Tzuyu’s ears twitch at the sound of another scream, this one more pained. She looks up, determining the source of the sound to be above her. She narrows her eyes, then looks to Mina, who is looks at her curiously.

"Stay here.” Tzuyu commands, “And don’t let anyone leave this place.” Tzuyu then turns and bolts back out the door at superhuman speeds. She races up the stairs, closing in on the sounds of snarling and screaming. Once she reaches the door to the roof, she brings up a foot and slams it into the door, ripping it from it’s hinges. Tzuyu tries to step out onto the roof, but is instead met by Momo crashing into her. She isn’t knocked over by the crash, but it does prove a distraction. Tzuyu looks down at Momo, who is beaten and battered with a large chunk of her neck taken out. Tzuyu frowns, then pulls Momo to the side and steps out onto the rooftop. She looks around the area with steel iris’s and takes a deep breath. Her nose crinkles and she snarls at the familiar smell of her roomate and turns around. She looks up above the entrace and finds Victoria standing there with an arm wrapped around an extremely terrified Nayeon.

"You weren’t supposed to be here, Unnie.” Victoria scolds, to which Tzuyu snarls in response.

"Who are you to determine where I should and should not be? I would be more concerned with what Hyo is going to do when she finds you’ve nearly killed her kid.” Tzuyu spits back, a low growl rumbling in her chest.

"Like that little pansy could! She’s weak! You both are, making friends with humans and making sacrifices just so they can be happy. You fed from that little swan once. Once! Then? Nothing.” Victoria sneers, “You’re becoming weak Tzuyu. Just look at you!” Victoria brings a hand up to Nayeons throat, causing the raven haired girl to choke on a sob. “Hyoyeon too, turning that little pop star wannabe just because she thought she had an inkling of talent.” The vampire then looks to Nayeon and starts to crush her windpipe. “I wanted to see what that was like and Momo here decides that she likes being the only one!” Victoria laughs, looking back down below her. She raises a brow when she doesn’t see Tzuyu and takes a deep breath take a deep breath, searching for the smell of wintermint, and freezes when she realizes how strong it is.

Tzuyu brings a hand up to the base of Victoria’s neck, leaning next to her ear, “You still have a lot to learn, little Victoria.” Tzuyu whispers and tightened her grip, threantening to severe the younger vampires spine. “The first lesson I taught you was to never let your guard down.” Tzuyu yanks Nayeon out of the now terrified Victoria’s grasps. “Blood or no blood, I am still over three hundred years older than you. How is it you thought you could threaten me? Threaten Hyoyeon?” Victoria swallows. “Leave. Now.” Tzuyu commands as she lets go of Victoria’s nape. Victoria scrambles down from the perch, turning and looking back up at Tzuyu with hurt and fearful eyes. The fear then grows cold and turns back into anger as Victoria smiles again.

"I guess this is war then, Unnie. I’m interested to see who comes out on top.” Victoria then reaches behind one of the rooftop vents and produces an axe, hurdling it at Tzuyu’s neck. Tzuyu catches the first one, only to find a second bury itself deep into the crook of her neck. She stumbles back and falls off the perch with Nayeon in tow. Tzuyu turns her body so that she takes the brunt of the fall, closing her eyes against the agony in her neck. When she opens her eyes again she finds her vision starting to blur, and just before she falls to the desperate frenzy of bloodlust, she see’s a blonde figure come into her view.

---

[a/n: ...I don't know where I'm necessarily going with this story at this point. I'm just letting the waves of writing lead me....somewhere. We'll reach land eventually! But while we're floating like this, I wanted to thank yous guys for your continued feedback. It really helps me figure out where I'm going with this story, so please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts cause they are oh so appreciated! -The Informed Puppy]