Guilty Pleasures

Crimson Bond

 

 

Mina had never been a good listener, but she wasn’t a total idiot either. That’s why she made the phone call to Hyoyeon before trying to follow Tzuyu. She heard Victoria’s ravings and Tzuyu’s agonized cries. She watches as the four hundred year old vampire collapsed against the ground, falling limp. Nayeon rushes away from her and down the stairs, collapsing into Mina with hysterical sobs upon seeing her. Mina wraps her arms around her friend and looks up as Hyoyeon looks to Momo’s state and snarls, setting down a metal water bottle before looking to Tzuyu, then to the girl's in the stairwell below her.“You need to get out of here. Tzuyu’s lost a lot of blood, and combine that with the fact that she hasn’t eaten in awhile and she’s going to go into a frenzy.”

"Frenzy? What does that-” Mina is cut off as she hears a mutlitude of beastial snarls start to erupt from the roof.

"Go! Now!” Hyoyeon snaps and Mina takes off down the stairs with Nayeon in tow. The blonde vampire then looks back towards Tzuyu, finding her enraged glare focused on her. She swallows, clenching her fists and releases a warning growl towards her friend. “C’mon, Tzu, your stronger than this right?” Hyoyeon asks tentitively and gets an angry snarl in response before the older vampire lunges at her. She sidesteps, grabbing Tzuyu’s arm and using the momtentum to hurdle her back across the rooftop. Tzuyu skids to a stop and abruptly turns, rushing for the door again. Hyoyeon tries to sidestep again, but instead finds her leg caught in a firm grip, followed by the sensation of her leaving the ground. Her vision blurs, the next thing she’s able to focus on is the impending contact with the street below she’s now facing.

"Well …” Hyoyeon mutters as her face collides with the cement.

Mina and Nayeon are about three floors away from their dorm room when they hear the sound of heavy steps storming down the stairs. Nayeon screams and the two of them move with renewed hastes, bursting through the first door they see and sprinting down the hallway. They are about halfway to the set of stairs at the other end of the hallway when Mina suddenly stops, Nayeon keeps going for a few more meters before she notices Mina isn’t with her. She turns quickly and looks back at her in a panic.

"Come on! We need to get out of here!” Nayeon pleads, starting to run back for Mina.

"No, you go! I know what I have to do.” Mina says, then moves up to shove Nayeon back down the hall. “GO!” Mina screeches. Nayeon stays still for a few moments, but eventually starts running down the hall again. Much too scared to stick around despite the fact she hated leaving her friend to what she almost certainly knew was her death. Guilty tears rolled down her eyes as she pushes through the door and storms down the stairs.

Mina stands there with ragged breaths, then freezes in terror as she hears the door behind her crumple like paper. It’s only a few more seconds before a set of cold hands wrap around her shoulders and she's forced to look at the bloody visage of Tzuyu. Her bright steel colored eyes are tainted with specks of red and her fangs are bared plainly for Mina to see. Mina also notes the giant open wound in her neck, the little blood that’s left in her veins oozing from it in dark little streams. If Mina were smart, she would tried to fight back, or had just kept running with Nayeon. But unfortunately for her, all pretense of sanity was lost as all she did was arch her neck and mutter.

"Do it.” Tzuyu’s gaze had seemed unfocused up until the point when Mina stretches out her neck. Then her gaze focused all too keenly on the pulsating vein in the little penguins neck. Her lips curls back and she grabs onto Mina’s hair, pulling her head back to further expose the precious flesh. Mina whimpers a little at the gesture and clings onto Tzuyu’s arms, nails digging into the leather jacket the vampire was wearing. Tzuyu lets out a hungry snarl before placing her lips against the girl's neck, causing Mina to gasp. The blood hungry beast lets out another pained growl as her teeth press into the delicate skin, piercing the vein below and letting the blood come rushing up into . Mina tenses up, stifling a scream at the burning agony in her neck while the bloodthirsty beast before her wrapped another arms around her waist, pulling her closer. Mina grip on Tzuyu’s arms tighten, nails piercing the stiff leather of the vampires jacket. Her strength starts to fade and she finds herself hoping there is enough of the woman she had come to know left in this monster to stop before she killed Mina.

Tzuyu mindlessly drank in the blood, ignoring the taste and focusing only on the burning thirst in the pit of her stomach. She grips on tighter to the human in her arms, causing the blood to rush quicker. The girl whimpers in response to the action, lighting the hunter instincts in Tzuyu’s mind on fire. She’d always reveled in the hunt and delighted in the kill, and she starts to wonder to herself why she ever gave up on it. After a few more desperate swallows, she decided to enjoy the flavor of the human in her arms and lets the blood wash over her tongue, tasting the chocolate and strawberry elixir from this woman's veins.

The taste immediately sends warning alarms blaring to life in Tzuyu's conscious thought and she immediately pulls away from the embrace, now all to aware of who she was killing. She looks down at Mina with a tormented expression. She’s incredibly pale and looks like she’s about to collapse, but is luckily still conscious. She looks up at Tzuyu, smiling upon seeing the concern evident in Tzuyu’s silver eyes.

"Didn’t think you’d be able to stop.” Mina quietly confesses, leaning against Tzuyu’s shoulder.

"Idiot. I would’ve killed you. Why did you do it?” Tzuyu scolds, wrapping both arms around her and pulling her in close.

"You needed blood....Figured you just take me then be fine...as opposed to breaking into a dorm room….or killing Nayeon.” Mina answers as her eyes start to flutter shut. Tzuyu pulls her back upright and looks her in the eyes.

"Don’t go to sleep on me, Mina. I need you to stay awake.” Tzuyu tells her, concern and worry plaguing her voice. Mina lets out a weak laugh.

"I didn’t know you cared.”

"Of course I care. I lo-” Tzuyu stops herself, frowning at the words she was just about to say.

"You what?” Mina asks, a brow raised, “Cause, and it might just be my groggy mind playing tricks on me, but it sounded like you said lo-” Mina is cut off by the feeling of cold pressure against her lips. She blinks a couple time, looking right into Tzuyu’s closed eyes as her soft, frigid and bloody lips are planted against Mina’s. At first she doesn’t know how to react, just frozen there as the vampire who was just restructuring her jugular is now kissing her softly, but eventually her eyes fluttered shut and she returns the gentle kiss. Despite her cold touch, Mina felt like she was melting against it. She brings up her arms and wraps them around Tzuyu’s neck as they maintain the kiss for a few more precious moments. Mina eventually breaks the kiss to breathe, finding herself grinning ear to ear as her forehead is pressed against Tzuyu’s.

"That answer your question?” Tzuyu asks softly.

Very much so.” Mina responds and leans forward to kiss her again. Tzuyu responds instantly, melding herself to Mina’s body as they kiss. They remain like that for some time when Tzuyu finally remembers something important and suddenly pulls away.

"Oh god, Hyoyeon!” She exclaims, then rushes towards the stairwell and down the stairs. After a few moments, she comes back and picks the falling Mina in her arms and rushes down to the dorm room with her.

Nayeon is sitting in the common room, arms wrapped around her legs as she cries quietly. Sana has an arm wrapped around her and had been trying to ask Nayeon what had happened when the door flies open and Tzuyu runs in with the pale faced Mina.

"Make sure she doesn’t fall asleep!” Tzuyu commands as she sets Mina down next to Sana and starts out the door. Nayeon and Sana stare at the two of them in confusion, the latter gagging at the sight of so much blood on the both of them. Nayeon was shoked into a horrified silence, about to just let Tzuyu go, when suddenly her own bravery finds her.

"Where’s Momo?” Nayeon snaps and the vampire turns around and looks at her.

"Top of the north stairwell.” She simply responds, then rushes downstairs.

 

---

 

Hyoyeon always knew falling off a building would hurt, but something about actually experiencing it left her wishing she’d had just been able to leave it to the imagination. She groans and tries to move, and groans again when she finds the fall snapped her spine. It would be at least a day before that healed up, and Seoul isn’t exactly a small town. In fact she was surprised that no one had noticed yet.

She lies like that for another five minutes before she’d finally able to turn her head a little. She see’s that she’s fallen into a back alley, which would explain why no one had seen her yet. She also notes the rats slowly approaching her, thinking her perhaps a meal. The scavengers rethink that idea as Hyoyeon snarls and once again struggles to move, squeezing her eyes shut and crying out as she brings her shoulders off the ground. Her eyes snap open as she feels herself being lifted off the ground and looks up into Tzuyu’s guilty gaze.

"Oh so now you've decided that you're sane. You know, it wouldve been real nice if you'd figured that out -before- you tossed me off the building.” Hyoyeon quips with a frustrated growl. Tzuyu chuckles and gives her friend a sheepish shrug and a coy smile.

"Sorry Hyo, but to be fair, you got between an animal and it’s meal.”

"Yeah, if I ever do that again, slap me.” Hyoyeon responds bluntly as Tzuyu starts down the street. “Oh hey.” Hyoyeon pipes in quickly, causing Tzuyu to stop and look down at her. “Take me to Yuri’s place. The apartment isn’t safe at present, not with Victoria how she is. Plus I need to eat to fix this mess you’ve made.” Tzuyu growls, the vocalization almost turning into a chuckle as she turns the corner and starts towards the specified destination.

 

---

 

After assuring Sana she was fine and didn’t need either a hospital or a psychologist, though she admitted to herself that she could probably use both, Nayeon ascends the stairs to the roof once again. She squeezes her eyes shut and chokes on a gag upon seeing Momo's gruesome shape. She steels her stomach and walks up the stairs once again, kneeling down in front of Momo. She brushes a piece of hair out of her friends face, and looks over her. She’s unmoving, not even breathing, and Nayeon starts to choke up, thinking she might be dead. She falls dead silent though as she see’s Momo’s hand twitch, a single finger reaching towards the metal container.

Nayeon picks up the container and unscrews it, heaving at the metallic smell of blood that comes rushing out from the bottle. She looks at it in disbelief, wondering why this would be set next to Momo. She remembers what Victoria did, sinking her teeth into her neck...but Nayeon didn’t want to believe it. There was no mark on her neck, no proof that it happened aside from the shape Mina was in and the state Momo's currently in. She was starting to rationalize that is was what her mind had started telling her before she was about to be abused in a….different way.

After a moment's more of consideration, Nayeon brings the bottle up to Momo’s lips and tips some of the dark liquid into , most of it spilling down her chin and onto her tattered clothes. At first nothing happens and Nayeon is about to pull the bottle away when a very strong hand latches onto it and Momo starts guzzling the blood like her life depended on it. Nayeon watches with wide eyes and an agape jaw as Momo chugs down the blood. She then crumples the metal as if it were paper and looks up to Nayeon with a sheepish stare. “Guess I have some explaining to do…”

---

[a/n: Wow this is a long one....hmmm. Well I guess I finally figured out where my day went....Well, don't forget get to comment with your thoughts and I hope you like the latest chapter! - The Informed Puppy

P.S. Headaches are not good writing tools, avoid using them if at all possible!]