Chocolate and Strawberries

Crimson Bond

 

 

It was a few minutes before Tzuyu made it back to the show, apparently called Music Bank as she noted on the signs posted around the building, and slinks through the crowds and into the backstage space. She glides gracefully through the halls, trying to mark Hyoyeon's distinct scent of vanilla and cinnamon as she struts down the corridor filled with hundreds of other scents both pleasant and disgusting alike.

As she strides past the different dressing rooms and lets all the scents waft by a certain chocolate strawberry catches her attention. She turns her head slightly towards the scent, but as she’s looking back BAM! She runs right into someone. Tzuyu was not in the least affected by such a crash, but feigns stumbling backwards as a precaution against suspicious eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going, a-are you ok?"  A worried voice asks her. Tzuyu looks up to find the girl from onstage earlier in front of her.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Boy you've got quite the gait." Tzuyu replies, easily faking a lighthearted tone. “Nearly knocked me over. Though if I’m honest, I am the one who got distracted.” As Tzuyu speaks, she’s hit with an incredibly strong scent of chocolate and upon a second breath she realizes that it is emanating from this woman. Why does she smell so good? Tzuyu ponders to herself, taking another deep breath. From this girl radiates the strong smell of chocolate, with a hint of strawberry that Tzuyu immediately marks as her blood. God. The smell of her blood...I want it. Tzuyu’s gaze automatically focuses on her jugular, watching as the vein contracts with each pump of her heart. She stares for what might be considered an uncomfortable period of time when her concentration on this delicate lifeline is then shattered by this woman's soft, smooth voice.

"Oh no. I'm totally at fault. I sh...should've been looking where...where I was going..." The girl trails off as a shiver runs down her spine, and she feels herself shrink under the tall girls hard stare before clearing to break the tension she felt building. “S-say, I don’t think I’ve s-seen you here before.”

Tzuyu blinks a bit, then chuckles in mock nervousness, quickly resuming her act. “Probably because I’m new. I’m...Kim Ju-hee.” Tzuyu says while rubbing her nape, flashing an awkward smile. “In fact, I’m supposed to give this protein drink to Hyoyeon, but I can’t seem to find her dressing room.” She says as she indicates the metal container. “Great first impression for one of the biggest stars...ever.” Tzuyu says in feigned sheepishness, almost gagging over her compliments to the vampire idol.

"Oh...Well..." Mina points down the hall directly behind them, “Third door on your right should be Hyoyeon. Better hurry, she’s next in line I think.” The girl smiles hesitantly, “I need to get going. Maybe I’ll see you at the next stage?” Tzuyu nods eagerly, then bows as she leaves. That smell, I need to stay away from it. She thinks as she catches the woman's intoxicating scent one last time before she leaves. She starts to picture herself rushing over and ripping the girl's throat out, draining every last drop from her seemingly delicate body. She viciously shakes the notion out of her head, and walks the few short meters down the hall before bursting into Hyoyeon's dressing room. Hyoyeon was alone, doing some finishing touches on her outfit and making sure everything was in place.

“You’re lucky I sent everyone away a few moments ago, else you’d have just made the front page of so many magazines and newspapers.” Hyoyeon says casually as she adjusts one of her hair extensions. “I have enough troubles keeping a low profile, I don't need you busting down every door you see being added to my list.”

Tzuyu lets out a throaty growl in response, “Shut up and eat.” She tosses the container towards Hyoyeon, who easily catches it and flashes a cheeky smile to her unnerved compatriot.

"Thanks." Hyoyeon chirps appreciatively before downing half the container. “Heard you speaking with Mina before you maimed my door. A good catch, if you can grab her.” She says with the slightest trace of a smirk on her face.

"Mina?" Hyoyeon nods softly as she wipes a bit of blood off of her lip.

"Visual for Unbreakable. Otherwise known as the most useless member. She's a pretty one though, with a good smell." Hyoyeon says with a sly smile as she brings the metal container to her lips again.

Tzuyu hisses softly “You gonna claim her then?” She asks with a little more possessiveness than she intented to. Hyoyeon barks out a single laugh.

"No, the stunning idols of Girls Generation suit my needs well enough." Hyoyeon says with an overdramatic flair.  "Mina...she’s a little too sweet for my taste, at least if we’re going by scent alone.” She resumes a wicked smirk, “You seem smitten, though.” A remark which Tzuyu rebuttals with another growl. “Hey, I’m just saying. If you want her go for it. There aren’t many of us left in Seoul, we could stand for our population to grow.”

"One of Korea’s rising stars, turn her into a vampire? Do I look like you?” Tzuyu rebukes bluntly, making the venom in her voice evident.

"No. But that’s why I think you’ll do it.” Hyoyeon responds simply. She screws the cap back onto the bottle and sets the container down before walking towards the door. “I gotta head for my stage. See you at home.” Hyoyeon chimes with a toothy smile as she exits with the swagger of a veteran Kpop artist. Tzuyu snarls under her breath and leaves after Hyoyeon, turning down the hallway and starting for the exit. She’s almost to the doors too, when she hears screaming.

The rational part of Tzuyu’s mind tells her to just leave and go home, but apparently her body didn't agree as she found herself sprinting in the direction of the screaming. She barrels her way to the intersecting halls and stares down them. She can’t immediately see anything but she can still hear the screeching wails and a very distinct smell of chocolate and strawberry then invades her senses. Tzuyu sources the scent and rushes down the hall at lightning speeds, drawing lightly on her vampiric ability without breaking into a full gait. She still did not want to draw attention to herself...not yet. She grinds to a halt when the scent becomes overwhelming, standing in front the door with the specific smell absolutely pouring from it. The screaming on the other side doesn't stop, with another clearly male voice shouting for silence.

Tzuyu snarls and busts down the door, finding a man with a bloody knife standing over Mina and another Raven haired girl, the latter letting out a harsh scream while her hands grip the sides of her head. Mina herself has a bloody hand resting on her side. She looked pale and weak, like she was about to pass out. The man finally turns as the sound of the door slamming hits his eardrums. He's initially confused by the presence of this seemingly young girl, but quickly regains himself and waves the knife in front of her threateningly.

"Back up, little girl. Before you get hurt.” He says with a harsh voice and a masochistic grin, to which Tzuyu responds with a perk of the brow and a quirk of the lip. The man looks confused at her ease of presence and turns for a moment, going to pick up the raven haired girl and use her as a hostage; however, before he can even hoist her up Tzuyu has the knifed hand in a crushing grip. The man screams in agony and drops the blade as he hears his bones snapping under the pressure of this girl's vice like hand. He looks up to find Tzuyu’s eyes and beg for mercy when he sees the steely silver of her eyes glaring back at him. He panics, thrashing against her grip and trying to get away. She grabs him by the throat and smashes him against the far wall. She stares daggers into him as he struggles against her in horror, “Wh-a-” His exclamation is cut short as Tzuyu crushes his windpipe and her canines start to elongate. She’s about to dig into his throat, forgetting about where she is and who's in the room with her when security rushes into the room and sees the commotion.

"We can take it from here, miss...” A guards says with a faltering tone of voice, ready to take her down too if he's forced to. It takes Tzuyu a moment to respond, but eventually she drops the man, who collapses in tears, screaming for his life. She hides her face from the droves of people, trying to will her canines back to a more human size. That's when the scent of chocolate and strawberry permeates her senses again, and she looks over to Mina whose on the verge of falling over. At this point the crowd had flooded into the room to gawk at the terrified man and the two girls. The Raven Haired girl quickly gets up and starts pushing into the mob, terror and fear causing her to cry and whimper as she does so. Tzuyu's focus isn’t on the girl though, it’s on Mina, and the intoxicating scent coming off her. Mina looks up at her savior weakly, her chocolate brown orbs boring back into Tzuyu’s now silver eyes. Mina stares for a few more moments before her eyes roll back and she collapses into Tzuyu’s now outstretched arms.

Tzuyu's eyes start glowing again and her canines enlarge into their full size as she stares at the blood, then at Mina’s throat. Her fangs flash briefly in the light of the room and she’s barely able to keep herself from biting into Mina’s delicate looking neck. She then shakes off her hunger, putting all of her energy into focusing on other things. She surveys the chaotic crowd, catching sight of Hyoyeon at the back. The vampire idol beckons Tzuyu to her, her expression much more serious than earlier. Tzuyu gives a faint nod of acknowledgement, then hoists Mina up into her arms. She carries Mina out, making statements about getting her to the hospital. She makes it to Hyoyeon, who leans up to whisper in the taller vampire’s ear. “Home. Now.”

 

-----

[a/n: Sooooooooo. I -was- going to wait until later in the week to post an update, build anticipation and what not. But then I wake up this moring and inspiration hits me quicker than a freight train on the fast track and I get up and start writing. So here's an update! A bit longer than my last one....I think, but I hope y'alls enjoy it! Don't forget to comment subscribe, and all of the other things and I'll catch you guys at my next update! *Waves Frantically* 

-The Informed Puppy]