Interlude: The Hunter

Crimson Bond

Seolhyun didn't need anyone to tell her the news of what happened to her sire, she felt the pang in her gut and the sudden lack of belonging that told her something had happened to Victoria. For as much as she hated the woman for what she did to Jungkook and her, there was also a part that sort of felt indebted to her. She'd never felt more free or more alive since the days that she had turned. Now she was ready to take on the world, and any who stood against her in her bid to become one of the most powerful vampires in existance. But for now, she was more than content to sit in the club and enjoy the loud vibrations of the bass while she scanned the crowd for an exciting individual. 

That's when she walks in.

A woman, short but gives of an elegant air that makes her height seem more imposing. Long, dirty blonde hair and a face like ice, this girl could easily be mistaken for a princess Seolhyun thinks to herself. She wasn't stupid, something about that woman made her seem important and Seolhyun wasn't about to go near her for a quick bite. So instead she just watched curiously as this woman made her way through the bar. A man who was the walking definition of tall, dark and handsome then apporoached her, and the way he sauntered and the smug smirk resting on his jaw told Seolhyun all she needed to know about what he was saying to her. 

Seolhyun can't quite place why she's become so interested in this woman. She finds is strange but at the same time can't stop watching her as she moves with the man out on to the dance floor, moving against him suggestively as he watches her form like there was nothing else worth looking at. That's when she see's the little glint in his eyes and marks the silver color of his iris's. She leans back against the bar and scoffs, watching as the now identified vampire looks over this girl with a hungry gaze. Seolhyun considers helping her, but then decides against it. Who knows, maybe he'll leave some and she can have a taste of what's in that graceful womans veins.

After they dance through a few more songs, the woman with a face like ice takes the mans hand and leads them out of the bar. Here it comes. Seolhyun thinks to herself as she follows them out of the bar, all to excited to see the hunter take out his prey. Once she's outside the bar, she closes her eyes and hears the sounds of footsteps in the alleyway next to the bar. She stalks silently towards the edge, then hides next to a stack of wooden planks in the dark back street. She listens intently as the vampire works towards his kill.

"C'mon, babe. You and I both know it'll be just as good here than at your place." He says softly, the woman letting out a soft giggle in return.

"You promise?" Her voice echoes against the brick of the buildings around them. Her voice was gentle and smooth and very much personified the air she gave. He gives a slight nod and starts to press kisses to her neck.

"It'll be unforgetable." He murmurs against the fragile skin and is about to plunge his teeth in when he feels something sharp press into his side. He grunts in pain and stumbles back. Seolhyun's curious gaze turns to one of shock as the woman turns on the vampire and shoves him to the ground, stradeling him as she holds a long and bloodied knife in her hand. 

"You're wrong. You won't remember a thing." The woman says as she brings the knife down hard and the mans body goes limp. Seolhyun stumbles back a bit, then turns into a short woman with a black hoodie, mask and baseball cap on. Seolhyun initially snarls in threat to this small girl, but catches herself when she sees the same style of knife the woman is holding in her hand. She panics and shoves past the small woman before darting off into the night.

The girl clad in black starts to chase after Seolhyun, but instead feels a hand grip her shoulder. She looks back to the elegant woman, who shakes her head at her.

"Let her go, she's too fast. We'll catch her another day." The woman says softly, squeezing her shoulder.

"But it's her!" The other girl snaps. "She's the one who made my life what it is!"

"And you will have your vengance...later. For now, we need to rest. We have that flight back to Seoul tonight, then we hunt Kim Hyoyeon." The other girls eyes go wide.

"Why her?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest.

"A little vengance of my own. She kept that dangerous secret of hers hidden from us, now I will make her pay for revealing it to me." She says silently, gripping it tightly as she speaks with as much ice in her voice as was present in her expression. She looks to the other girl. "Don't worry, that vampire we let go...Seolhyun did you say her name was." The girl nods. "Seolhyun will probably flee there as well, to seek refuge with the vampire idol. We will kill two birds with one stone...if you stick with me." The girl casts her gaze down, mulling through her thoughts and debating whether or not she really wanted to go after Hyoyeon. After a few moments more she decided that if killing Seolhyun meant killing Hyoyeon, it's a price she was more than willing to pay.

"I follow you...Jessica." 

More to come in...

 

[A sequal no body asked for...but will get anyways....when the author gets to writing more stuff for it. In the meanwhile, enjoy this little teaser of what's next in the Informed Puppy bookshelf]