But Truths are Gruesome

Crimson Bond

 

 

Mina fell back onto the bed with a contented sigh as she finished the last bite of burger Tzuyu had brought her. She never truly appreciated the taste of fast food until she was forced to eat cooking that tasted like anything but. Her thoughts drift as her mind is taken back to the lighter shade of color Tzuyu’s eyes started to take as they were having their...moment. They were familiar for some reason, as if she had seen those silver eyes before. She let out another deep sigh before getting up and grabbing the clean clothes Tzuyu had left her with, deciding she best get cleaned before Tzuyu came back for the bags. She looked over them quickly, finding the appropriate undergarments, a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans. Mina found herself giggling as this seemed to be the only type of style the donor of said clothes wore. She brought the t-shirt up to her face, inhaling the faint smell of wintermint that rested on the cloth. It comforted her, though she couldn't quite put a finger on why.

 

She folds up the clothes and picks them up, heading for the hallway. She's about to make the left Tzuyu instructed her to do when she hears whimpering down all the other end of the small hallway, along with muffled voice that sounded like they were bickering. Mina initially stands still, torn between doing as she was told and finding out where the whimpering was coming from. Were they having a fight? Could she be the cause of it? The questions plagued Mina’s mind as she found herself quietly shuffling towards the noise. The closer she gets, the more clearly she can make out the voices of Victoria and Tzuyu bickering.

"You need to eat!” Victoria snaps. “I've only seen you eat once since you brought that disgusting little blood bag here.”

"Call her a blood bag again and I will rip your tongue out.” Tzuyu snarls back, the hostility in her voice making Mina jump.

"I'm sorry, Unnie, but I don't like what she's doing to you. You refuse to feed from her, yet you make sure she’s fed daily, that she has clean cloths given to her every few days, from your closet. You’ve even given up you own bedroom so that the little thing has a nice place to rest her innocent little head.. You’ve given more to this...human than to anyone else you know or have ever met.” Tzuyu lets out a low growl of warning to Victoria who relents under the glare of the older vampire. “You need to eat.” Victoria states more gently. “I even went out and grabbed this blithering excuse of a woman for you, and believe me when I tell you that convincing Hyoyeon to let you drink from one of her marks was about as hard as breaking a brick with a feather.” Victoria points out with an irritated tone, clearly fed up with the situation she's finding herself in. Mina is now just around the corner from them, back pressed against the wall like her life depended on it. Why did Victoria just call Tzuyu Unnie? Mina wonders silently to herself Isn't Victoria older?

"...Fine, but next time just drag me to a club instead of bringing it here. We don't want Mina to get suspicious.” Tzuyu says lowly before the whimpering turns into a soft scream of pain.

"Of course, Unnie. Heaven forbid the little swan figures out our precious secret.” Victoria quips snidely, causing a beastial snarl to suddenly rip from Tzuyu’s blood soaked maw.

"I mean it Victoria. It's been hard enough to get what little trust I have. I don't want to shatter it with her finding ou-” Tzuyu suddenly stops talking and Mina’s heart starts racing. She stifles down a yelp as she hears the sound of something collapsing against the floor.

"What is it, Unnie?” Victoria asks with a redundant tone, like she already knew the answer. “Did a scent catch your nose?” Mina panics and darts down the hall, slipping on the hardwood floor a couple times before racing frantically for the bedroom.

"” Tzuyu snarls before chasing after Mina, pinning her against the wall just next to the door. Mina fights back vehemently, screaming bloody murder as she thrashes. “Mina!” Tzuyu snaps and Mina freezes in place, her face stuck on an expression of pure fear. Tzuyu then tries for a gentler tone, hoping to keep from frightening the young human further. “Mina I'm not going to hurt you. Please just let me explain.” Tzuyu says softly.

"Why!?” Mina screams, turning her head back slightly as tears start to slide down her cheeks. Her heart was drumming faster than a racehorse as she silently prays for mercy to whatever god that may be listening.

Tzuyu turns Mina around, forcing her to look into the glowing steel colored irises and the mess of blood resting on her lower jaw. Mina’s lip quivers as she stares into the bright silver eyes and chokes on a sob at the sight of the blood.

"What are you..." Mina whispers, her voice cracking under the high pitch associated with her horror. Tzuyu stares at her for a long time, her mind battling between telling her and glamouring her memory away. After another few seconds of internal struggle passes, Tzuyu opens to speak, revealing the large, bloodsoaked, canines hidden behind her lips. Mina tries to back away, but the wall proved immobile against her helpless whimpers of fear.

"I'm a vampire. All three of us are. Victoria, Hyoyeon and me.” Mina shakes her head, softly at first, but becoming increasingly more violent to the point of trying once again to fight against Tzuyu’s grip.

No...no...I don't believe you. Let me go!” Mina screams. Victoria just sits at the end of the hallway, her own silver eyes staring at Mina in fascination.

"Denial is such a powerful feeling, I have to admit. It manages to prevail even when the truth is literally staring it in the face.” Victoria chimes in with a wicked grin. “Now can we eat her, Unnie? Or can you just get it over with and turn this sad little thing?” She asks with a twisted tone of innocence that causes Mina to fight against Tzuyu’s grip harder. Tzuyu snarls back at Victoria and takes a protective stance in front of Mina.

"You won't touch her. Not you, not Hyo. I claimed her as my own and I forbid you from ever drinking from her.” Tzuyu growls out causing Victoria to pout, her eyes shining with mock innocence. Mina watches Tzuyu in a mixture of fear and...wonder. Wonder at how this menacing creature was now protecting her with such possessiveness. Mina was about to just resign herself to death, when she remembers that Tzuyu has since let go of her to assume this defensive stance. She take the opportunity to sprint the few feet to her room and slam the door shut, pressing her back to it. The sound of someone cackling behind the door is hear, growing more and more distant. Mina scrambles to lock the door before heaving heavy breaths of relief. They are short lived however as the sound of footsteps getting closer and closer to the door sends Mina into a panic. She's on the verge of screaming when the footsteps stop in front of her door. There's no knock, just the sound of someone slumping against the frame. Mina slides down herself, wrapping her arms around her legs as fear inspired tears pour down her cheeks. She sits like that for the rest of the night, unable to forget the terrifying image of Tzuyu in front of her. Silver eyes, bloodied lips.

---

[a/n: .......So yeah. There's the thing. It's a tad bit short for my liking, but you know what? When life tells you to post a fracking chapter, you post a fracking chapter! ....For some reason it's been telling me to do that a lot lately....huh. Well, whatever the case , enjoy the latest chapter of my maddened ravings! Mitzu Fighting!

-The Informed Puppy]

 

[P.S.: Thank you all for the comments and the subscribings and stuffs. It makes me feel all warm n' fuzzy inside knowing you guys are liking what I'm writing!]