The Unbreakable

Crimson Bond

 

 

[a/n: Shall I play the suspensful music now, or after your read it? Probably after....]

 

Mina takes a deep breath as she stands outside Unbreakable’s dorm room. She looks over the white door and reaches up a hand to feel the smooth wood. She takes a ragged breath, then feels a hand rest on her shoulder with a gentle squeeze. She looks back at Momo, who gives her a nod of encouragement.

"Come on, then. I told the girls I had a surprise for them. If we wait any longer they're going to break down the door out of impatience.” Momo says with a joking tone, causing Mina to let out a nervous laugh. It had been so long since she’d been here. How much had changed? Would they be happy to see her, or upset that she didn’t tell them she was alive?

"How about I go in first? Build up the surprise?” Momo offers, to which Mina nods hurriedly in agreement. The nerves in her stomach threaten to bring up her lunch, which combined with the fact that it was Hyoyeon’s cooking meant she was all to ready to let it all go then and there. Instead she rests her hand on the doorframe with heavy puffs from her chest.

Momo walks into the room, the other six members sitting in the common area with wide eyes and curious expressions. She finds herself shrinking under their gaze, unsure of how to start. Maybe I should've just dragged her in here, but then I'd probably be mopping the floors... Momo thinks to herself as she struggles to come up with the words she needs to say.

"Well? What’s this surprise you were so excited for us to see?” Dahyun asks with a hand resting under her chin.

"It’s probably a lifetime supply of Jokbal, knowing Momo.” Maknae Chaeyoung mutters.

"Lifetime supply? It wouldn’t last a week with Moguri.” Sana chirps with a laugh, causing the rest of the members to giggle as well. The giggles die down though as they look up at the crying Momo. “Was it that bad?” Sana asks apologetically, rushing up to comfort the weeping girl.
“No...no, it wasn’t...it’s just.” Momo looks back to the door, “Just come in, already! I can’t stand here forever!” Momo calls, choking down on a sob after she finishes her stammering. The members look up to the door curiously, the curiosity turning to shock and muted surprise as Mina takes slow steps into the room. They remain like that for a few moments, just looking at the penguin in disbelief.

"Hi guys….” Mina whimpers quietly, hands clasped in front of her as she looks to the ground. She stares at the ground for an uncomfortable period of time, but when she finally musters the courage to look up, she’s met with the sudden and tight embrace of Sana, who’s sobbing heavily into her shoulder.

One by one the members of Unbreakable all get up and rush to Mina, engulfing her in a giant group hug. Mina just sits in the middle, sobbing in relief at feeling the warmth of the other members, her sisters, around her. She reaches up and wraps her arms around those in front of her, Sana, Dahyun and Nayeon, and bawls into Sana’s shoulder. They remain in that embrace for an extremely long period of time, finally letting go when they hear the hungered rumble of Dahyun’s stomach.

"How are you alive?” Nayeon asks, sniffling as she wipes up the tears from her eyes. Mina laughs while wiping tears from her own eyes.

"It’s a long story. I’ll tell you guys later. For now, I just need food. Good food...with lots of ketchup.” Mina vocalizes longingly, causing all the members to release chuckles and giggles.

"Nothing good to eat where ever you were, was there?” Ji-hyo asks with a soft smile. Mina fevently shakes her head in response.

"The cooking is something I will neither forget, nor ever want to endure again in my life.” Mina exclaims, causing the members to snicker and chuckle.

"Well. I’ll go call us some take out and then we will spend the rest of the night catching up!” Ji-hyo exclaims as she waddles out of the room to grab her phone.

---

 

 

Turns out the rest of the night only summed up to about eleven thirty as all of the members passed out one by one, leaving only Momo and Mina awake. Mina looks over her members with a soft smile, wrapping her arms around her legs and stifling a soft giggle.

"Happy to be back?” Momo whispers with a smile.

"Very.” Mina responds and the both of them giggle quietly. Mina sighs contently and looks up to Momo. "Please tell me my bed is still here." Momo nods in response.

"Yeah, it is." Momo whispers. "You want to go see it?" Mina nods eagerly.

"See it? I want to lie down in it." Mina fires back, eliciting giggles from the both of them once again.

They shift out of the pile of sleeping girls, then make their way to Momo, Mina and Sana’s bedroom. Mina smiles as she finds her bed in the same messy state she left it in the morning of the incident.

"We didn’t have the heart to change it.” Momo confesses as she plops herself onto her bed, crossing her legs and swaying back and forth like a child. Mina giggles, then lets out a sigh as she sinks into the comfort of her own bed.

"I’d almost forgotten what it felt like.” Mina murmurs contentedly. Momo smirks, then moves over to Mina's bed and snuggles next to her. “By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” Mina says while looking to Momo, who raises a brow. “Tzuyu told me that vampire’s don’t eat food that humans do, yet I see you eat more often than all of the other members combined. You can’t say it was because you were…turned....later because you told me it was before we debuted.” Momo chuckles softly.

"A bit of overplaying on my part, I guess. In an effort to try and keep up the act that I’m human, I eat a lot of food. Hyoyeon says we can eat, it just tastes terrible and does nothing for our bodies nutritionally. She’s right too. It all tastes awful.” Mina raises a brow with a coy smile.

"Even Jokbal?” Mina asks with joking disbelief.

"Even Jokbal, though it’s flavor is more tolerable than the other stuff. I guess that’s where everyone got the idea I’m obsessed with it, I eat a lot of it because it doesn’t taste like total .” Momo quips with a snicker, one Mina mimics.

"I missed you Moguri.”

"Same here, Minari” Momo wraps her arms around Mina and closes her eyes. Mina smiles softly and wraps her arms around the blonde's neck, resting her cheek on top of Momo’s head. They laid like that for hours, until Mina finally falls asleep.

---

A few hours of silence pass in the dorm room, when Momo opens her eyes. She knows what she's been told to do, and how much she's going to hate to do it. Stifling a growl, Momo slips out from Mina’s embrace gently, as not to wake her. Once she's out of their room she quietly pads her way back into the common room and prods at the sleeping Nayeon.

"Unnie, get up. There’s someone who wants to meet with you.” Nayeon squints up at Momo, then sits up.

"What time is it? Can’t they wait until morning?” Nayeon whines as Momo picks her up, wrapping one of Nayeon’s arms around her neck.

"No, they were very insistent upon meeting now.” Momo says, then leans in to whisper in Nayeons ear. “Would you keep a member of SNSD waiting?” Nayeon looks up at Momo in disbelief, then curiosity upon seeing Momo’s dead serious expression. She bundles up Nayeon in a jacket, then leads her to the roof of the dorm building.

The chilling breeze causes Nayeon to close in on herself, crossing her arms over her chest as a shiver runs down her spine. She squints around the currently empty terrace, scoffing as she doesn't see anyone.

"Alright...so where is she?” Nayeon asks with a yawn, very much wishing she was still asleep right now. Maybe this was a dream and she was still in the room with all the members. She looks behind her to seek Momo’s response, and blinks a couple times when she doesn’t find Momo there. She looks around the roof, terror building in when she still can't find Momo. She goes back to the door, hearing a soft click as she approaches it. She tugs on the door, but it won't open. She then starts yanking on the door, but it still doesn't budge.

"Hello Nayeon.” A light and husky voice of calls from across the span of the rooftop. Nayeon turns to sees a figure with glowing silver eyes that she's positive was not there before. Her muscles tense up as her heart starts to pound and her breath seems to escape her lungs.

"Who are you?” Nayeon asks, false courage resting on her voice as it cracks and quivers.

"Oh where are my manners? My name is Victoria.” She introduces with an evil smile. Nayeon backs up and tries for the door again, then yelps and whimpers when she feels a crushing grip stop her from doing that.

"Don't do anything hasty, now little Nayeon.” Victoria whispers in her ear sweetly, “We don’t want the whole world to know you’re up here.” She runs her free hand up Nayeon’s back, gripping her hair and pulling back on in. Nayeon initially quivers at the contact, then chokes on a scream as her neck arches and Victoria stares at the pulsating vein, her hunger building in her stomach.

"What do you want?” Nayeon whimpers weakly, tears trickling down her cheeks.

"Me?” Victoria asks, then lets out a single, soft laugh. “I just want to talk...share a bite to eat, and give you a most precious gift.” Victoria assures seductively before sinking her teeth into Nayeon’s neck.

---

[a/n: SUSPENSE! A lack of mitzu...but lots o' other stuff. Do not fear Tzuyu and Mina will meet again...but will it be under the circumstances they'd like...and what's going to happen to poor Nayeon? We shall soon find out...I think.... In the meanwhile it might be another day or two before my next update. I'm still working on chapter nine, making sure it's as close to perfect as my lacking Engwish ability allows. As always I hope you enjoy the latest chapter and I look forwards to seeing all yous guyses thoughts! <3 -The Informed Puppy]