Pt.8

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings for this part: mentions of violence

You stared at the six with half-closed eyes.

“What’s with the face?” Jooheon asked coldly.

“I had the worst night of my life,” you responded. “I couldn’t sleep at all. I had a nightmare the second I fell asleep.”

“How sad,” Hoseok said with zero sympathy in his tone.

“Remind me why I have to stand this treatment,” you said, feeling like getting all your blood out by a creepy vampire would be a lot easier than going through what you were going through now.

“Getting killed by a vampire isn’t just getting your blood out,” Changkyun said. “It involves a lot more pain than you’d think.”

“How do you know? Have you tried it?” you asked.

The lifted his gaze from the ground and glared at you as if he was ready to kill you for asking that. Before he could get his hands on you, Hoseok stopped him and looked at you coldly.

“Don’t ask questions,” he said and it was obvious he wasn’t just saying it because he was too lazy to answer them.

“Let’s go,” he gave you a push and so you made your way to work with the six following behind you, looking like a gang once again.

 

Even though you almost fell asleep every five minutes during the day, nothing bad happened. There were a lot of customers but Eunkyung and the part-timer took care of them while you just organized the shelves and walked around the store. When you went to switch places with Eunkyung - who was sitting behind the cashier - she gave you a concerned look.

“You couldn’t sleep?” she asked and you sat down on the chair after she had gotten up.

“Yeah,” you rubbed your eyes gently. “Don’t worry though, it’ll pass.”

She just looked at you, shaking her head slightly.

“Did you make up with Yuna?” you asked and looked at her.

“No, she didn’t come back yet. She texted me and said she would come back next week,” she answered, making you frown. “What?” she asked when she noticed your expression.

“I saw her some days ago,” you said. 

“What are you talking about?” she asked. “She hasn’t returned yet. Are you sure you weren’t seeing things. Could it have been a hallucination thanks to you not getting enough sleep again?”

Maybe… 

“Hmm, it could have been that,” you said but you were sure you had seen her.

 

“I know you told me not to ask any questions,” you started, walking next to Hoseok.

He just glanced at you with his cold eyes. “I did. Mind taking my advice?”

“Why don’t you guys just kill me?” you asked, making everyone stop walking, Hoseok included. The five who had been walking in front of you had turned around by the time Hoseok had laid his confused gaze on you. “What do you mean?”

“If the options are that Minhyuk’s either being tortured or already dead, wouldn’t it be easier and less painful for him if you just killed me? Doesn’t he die when I die?”

“Not exactly,” Hyunwoo answered before Hoseok. “It’s not like you two have some magical connection. He doesn’t feel your pain or die when you do. The rule is based on the higher-ups finding out about your death. If they find out you died, he’ll be killed by them. And the news of you dying won’t reach them quickly enough to save Minhyuk from getting tortured.”

“What’s the point of this all? Why are they doing things like that to their own kind?” you questioned, finding the system extremely weird.

Hoseok gave you a glare. “I thought I told you to not ask any questions.”

“Because they are s,” Jooheon opened his mouth before you could respond to Hoseok. Everyone looked at him.

“That’s why,” Jooheon spat and turned around before continuing walking.

His expression was weird just now, you thought after seeing a glimpse of the guy’s face. 

“He’s right,” Hyungwon said and followed Jooheon which the rest did too. 

“We have a lot against the higher-ups,” Hoseok murmured, knowing you wanted to ask about it and followed the rest.

 

You walked out of the door with your umbrella and opened it after getting outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter