Pt.19

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings for this part: none

A few days passed by. You got over the cold surprisingly quickly and got your voice back eventually. Not that it mattered. You didn’t have anyone to talk to. Well, actually, Minhyuk was there the whole time. You just didn’t want to talk to him after what had happened.

You got out of the bathroom and closed the door behind you. When you turned around you were faced with Minhyuk who was standing there with his arms crossed. His expression was somewhat angry and frustrated but not in an aggressive way. He looked kind of funny.

“Let’s talk,” he stated.

You pointed at your throat and shook your head. You didn’t want to talk to him. It was too embarrassing.

“I know you got your voice back,” he caught your lie. “I heard you signing in the shower yesterday,” he said, making you freeze in surprise.

“You-“

“Why did you kick me?” he cut you off.

After thinking about it for a bit, you decided to let the singing issue slide.

“It wasn’t on purpose,” you said.

“Well, even if it wasn’t, you were acting strange. What was it?”

You didn’t want to say it out loud.

“I can’t read minds, _____,” he said after the silence had gone on for some time.

“It’s the shirt,” you mumbled.

“What about it? Like I said then, you’ve worn my shirts before, I don’t see what the problem is?”

“Yeah, but how did it get on me?”

He furrowed his eyebrows.

“How did this shirt get on me?”

“What are you talking about?” he asked, his obliviousness making you annoyed.

“Did someone put it on me?” you asked.

“Yes,” he stated, making your heart skip a beat. You could already feel your cheeks heat up. “You insisted on wearing it. You said it felt softer than any of the other shirts I had around.”

“Wait, I was conscious?”

“Obviously. How else would you have been able to change your clothes?”

A sigh of disbelief escaped your lips.

“What?” he looked confused.

You looked at him. “So you didn’t do it?”

He gave you a questioning look.

“You weren’t the one who changed my clothes?” you let the words slip out of your mouth.

“What?” he smiled in disbelief. “No way. Never. No.”

You sighed again, this time out of relief.

“Wait,” Minhyuk lifted his hands in the air between you two and shook his head a little. “Did you really think that was a possibility?”

“You’re unpredictable!” you defended yourself.

“Ah, seriously,” he rolled his eyes. He was still smiling out of disbelief. “What the hell?”

“It’s not my fault! I don’t remember what happened. I only remember you taking me to the car after we got out of the forest and that’s it. The next thing I remember is waking up here.”

“Figures,” he stated. “You were quite out of it when I found you.”

You felt like something sharp had poked your heart and slowly let your gaze fall down to the floor. Thinking about what had happened made you uncomfortable.

“Sorry,” he apologized and you looked at him. “For bringing that up.”

You looked at him. Then a faint smile - you didn’t know if it was a forced one or not - appeared on your lips and you shook your head.

“It’s not a big deal.”

“Are you sure about that? Because I honestly think that it kind of is a big deal.”

You remained quiet.

“No one goes through something like that and stays the same.”

“It’s not like you to worry,” you gave a dry laugh. You wanted to avoid talking about what had happened.

“It wasn’t exactly easy for me either,” he stated.

There was a brief silence. “Sorry for making you worried. It must have been scary for you. I mean, had I died there you would also be dead by now. You were scared for your life, weren’t you?”

He just looked at you. You had expected him to respond with a “yes” immediately but he seemed to hesitate, which made you a little confused.

“I didn’t really have much time to think about my own life,” he said. “It didn’t really even cross my mind.”

“Are you sure?” you weren’t buying his words. He did sound serious but it was just so weird of him to say something like that.

“Actually, you are right. That was the only thing I could think about. I couldn’t even sleep because of the fear. I had nightmares about the higher-ups coming for me and killing me,” he said and you weren’t even surprised. “Why would I ever worry about you, right?”

 

There was nothing you needed more than a breath of fresh air. And some pads. And chocolate. Maybe some snacks too.

“Why are you snooping around like that?” Minhyuk’s voice made you flinch and he chuckled at your reaction.

“Why are you still here?” you asked him.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged and gulped down rest of the water in his glass. “For the fun of it, maybe.”

“Yeah, whatever,” you said. “I need to go to the store.”

He gave you a nonchalant look. “Is that so?”

“Yes unless you want to go there by yourself and buy me pads and other stuff.”

He gave a laugh. “Mm, yeah, no way. Not going to happen. I’m not leaving you alone again after what happened last time.”

“Let me go then.”

“That’s even worse. Not going to happen either.”

You held in the frustrated sigh that was about to force its way out of your mouth, and crossed your arms. “Do you seriously want to wash disgusting, bloody clothes and bedding for the next week?”

“No. When did I ever say we weren’t going to go to the store?”

You furrowed your eyebrows, confused. “But…”

“If we go together, it’ll be fine. Maybe. Nevertheless, it’s better than leaving or letting you go alone anyway.”

A smile made your lips curve. “Are you serious?”

“Go get ready,” he motioned you to go get dressed and you left with a bright smile.

 

The fresh air felt good in your lungs. The warm sunlight felt extremely good against your skin. You had a smile on your lips.

“Happy?” Minhyuk asked with a smirk which you read as a teasing one.

“Tease me all you want Minhyuk. I don’t care,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter