Pt.27

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Eight enter, not all will exit,” the words spoken by the blue-eyed smirking guard made your stomach twist. She was guarding the entrance of a relatively small and old building that the higher-ups led your group into.

“Save your poetry for someone else,” Kihyun spat at her behind you.

While walking inside the building you glanced back at the rest. They all - excluding the seemingly nonresponsive Hoseok who needed help walking - gave the guard murderous glares as they passed by her. Their expressions were grim and your stomach twisted the more the longer you looked at them. Hence why you eventually turned to look ahead.

Minhyuk was walking in front of you, following the few higher-ups leading your group. The thought of grabbing his hand tempted you but you couldn’t reach out your hand. It felt as though there was a wall stopping you from doing so.

It’s stuffy in here. Why do I feel like I can’t breathe?

The lump in your throat caused you to look down at the floor. Seeing Minhyuk just made you want to cry and give up. You knew that the ominous words spoken by the guard at the door weren’t far-fetched - they could very well end up being your reality in no time.

Would things be different if it wasn’t for me? Would any of this have gone down if Minhyuk had been given another human to babysit? Someone… easier and less impulsive…

Your vision began to become blurry and you lifted your gaze to clear it.

Would Minhyuk have been fine?

The sound of the group’s footsteps rang in your head and the floor seemed to move in your dizzy vision.

“Whatever happens,” Kihyun put his hand on your shoulder. “Don’t blame yourself.”

You looked at him, taken aback by how well his words responded to your unspoken thoughts. His blue eyes seemed less icy and you were surprisingly comforted by his gaze.

“You won’t blame me if something happens?” you asked.

“I’ve been waiting for a good reason to hate you for a long time,” his truthful words were accompanied by a smirk. “So just for that reason, I will. I’ll make you feel like you’re the worst person on Earth.”

You had expected a similar answer and weren’t that shaken by his words.

“But eventually, I’ll let go of those feelings. Because, in the end, you shouldn’t be held accountable for his choices.”

“But-“

“He’s the one who showed himself to you. He’s the one who kept clinging onto you. He’s the one who decided to let you in our world. He’s the one who decided to commit a crime for you,” his tone was stern. “So, don’t start hating yourself after he’s gone for what hedecided to do.”

Your heart ached and the lump in your throat grew, making you breathe in through your mouth. Trying your best to remain calm, you avoided letting the feeling of fear and anxiety take over you by taking deep breaths and pushing the grim thoughts to the back of your mind. Kihyun observed you from the side and Minhyuk glanced at you over his shoulder. He didn’t stop or turn around but kept walking instead.

He silently felt guilty for you being brought there, and feared for you. Whatever were to happen, it could be very straining for your mental health. If he were to disappear, what would happen to you? He tried hard to remain calm and collected, for he would need to stay calm during the meeting with the higher-ups - there was a slim chance he would be able to change the outcome of things. Turning around to embrace you would shake up his mind too much.

 

 

Behind a few doors opened a relatively large hall, seemingly the size of a school’s indoor hall for sports. It seemed empty at first, only decorated by the old wallpaper which was covering the walls. As your gaze traveled around the space, you noticed small details; an oddly placed desk, a bookshelf with only a couple of books, and a fancy armchair. Everything seemed unintentional since the size of the space was so big.

The group was brought to a stop when the higher-ups leading the group stopped in the middle of the hall. Your heartbeat grew faster and you nervously bit the inside of your lips. Minhyuk stood still for a while before a door on the opposite side of the hall opened. No one was there but you could see Minhyuk’s hands form into fists.

“I do not intend to stay long,” he soon broke the eerie silence in the hall. “Let’s get this over with quickly.”

Who is he talking to?

You glanced back at the others and saw that their expressions had become sour as they stared at the opened door. When you turned around, the higher-ups who had led the group inside were standing in front of you. You flinched at their sudden appearance.

“There is no reason for you to stay here,” they said and forcibly pushed you outside.

In a state of confusion, you were unable to put up a fight and just stared at how the group of seven guys’ backs disappeared from your sight as the doors were closed in front of you.

 

 

Yuna’s POV

How long has it been? I have no clue. Is Hoseok still alive?

“Get out,” an angry order and a rough hand pulled me out of the dark car into the dark forest.

I wish Hajoon will simply forget about this. He needs to live a normal life. He really does… That idiot…

I stumbled and fell to the cold ground. Someone pulled me up forcibly and continued to push me forward on the dark path that traveled through the forest.

Hoseok… Oh, Hoseok… I pray that you find peace… We will both eventually, sooner or later, follow you… Let’s be happy again some day…Together…

“You’ll be staying here,” I was told as we arrived at a tent.

I looked at the faint light shining through the fabric. It seemed feeble, as if it would go out any second now. It reminded me of Hoseok, how weak he had seemed as I left.

“It’s already late. You should sleep,” I felt someone pat on my back and as I turned to look at the person, I discovered it was the woman who I had figured was the Clan’s leader. “You’ll have work to do tomorrow.”

Her words held no meaning to me but I nodded with an expressionless face before entering the tent. Slowly, I buried myself inside the chilly sleeping bag that was lying on the ground. I could feel every bump on the ground as there was nothing between us other than the thin sleeping bag. Yet, I somehow couldn’t feel the pain from the rocks that were pocking at my back.

I listened to the distant chatter of the Clan members and shivered from cold. My eyelids felt heavy even though I wasn’t necessarily sleepy and before long, I closed my eyes. And so, I shivered myself to an unconscious state.

 

 

I watched from a distance at three kids playing around together. They were laughing and screaming while running around together. They held hands and it almost seemed like their smiles would be permanent. My theory was proven wrong when the smallest one fell and began to cry. The two bigger kids seemed worried and I watched how they comforted the small one with hugs and pats.

Innocence…

I recognized us three in their faces. Three people brought together for whatever reason, about to share lots of memories together, good and bad. But at that moment, as clueless children, we could only think about the moment. We were happy. Innocent. Young.

I’m so sorry... You two… I’m… I…

I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek and was shocked at the feeling. I quickly wiped it off and looked at the tear’s remains on my fingers in shock. Somehow, I had felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter