Pt.3

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings for this part: mentions of blood, language

Weeks passed and he didn’t appear even once. The thought “maybe I finally got rid of him” made you excited but you also felt somewhat anxious. You found yourself thinking about him every night when you walked alone in the dark. 

You let out a long sigh. Eunkyung sat down next to you in the bus and when she heard you sigh, she looked at you. 

“What’s with the long face?” she asked and you looked out of the window.

“Something is bothering me,” you said, not turning to look at her.

“Do you want to talk about it?” she asked.

You smiled a little. “No, I’m okay,” you turned to look at her. “Thanks for asking anyway.”

She smiled a little too and then you two started talking about random things and in the end you found yourself talking about her girlfriend. 

“You still haven’t talked about it?” you asked, referring to a fight they had had a few weeks earlier.

“I don’t feel like talking about it over the phone,” she sighed. “Besides, she’s coming back from her trip in a few days anyway. We’ll talk about it when she gets home.”

“Have you been in contact with each other during the past two weeks?” 

She shook her head and looked at her phone. “She hasn’t called or texted so I assumed she was busy all the time. I didn’t want to bother her…”

You looked at her sad expression and put your arm around her shoulders to comfort her. “I’m sure you’ll make up.”

 

You picked up the bowl that had been filled with popcorn when you had started watching the movie. Now it was empty and the movie was over. Eunkyung had fallen asleep at one point and since you hadn’t dared to wake her up, you had just watched the movie by yourself. Then you cleaned up the living room before covering the sleeping Eunkyung with a blanket. You took the bowl and the trash to the kitchen and put the bowl in the sink and got rid of the trash. After that you switched off all the lights in the spacious apartment but instead of going to lie down on the mattress Eunkyung had pulled out for you, you stopped in front of the door that led to the balcony of the apartment. 

It wasn’t dark outside thanks to the bright lights of the city below. You carefully opened the door and went outside.

You breathed in the chilly air. “That felt good,” you said after exhaling.

The air felt fresh even though it probably wasn’t very clean, considering the fact that you were breathing the air of a huge city. The city looked lively with people walking on the streets and lights flickering everywhere. You leaned on the railing in front of you and looked down.

Where are you…

You sighed and let go of the railing, ready to go back inside the apartment and go to sleep. You turned around but froze before you could take even one step towards the door. 

You stared at the unfamiliar figure that was standing in front of the door, as if he was guarding it. You looked at the person’s face and got chills, just like when you had looked at his face.

The guy tilted his head a little, staring at you. “So, it’s you.”

“W-what?” you couldn’t help but stutter.

“Nothing,” he calmly answered. 

“Who are you?” you asked.

He shrugged. “Who do you think I am?”

You looked at his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter