Pt.10

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings for this part: language, mentions of blood 

“Are you okay?” you asked and ran over to Minhyuk.

“Don’t touch me,” he growled when you held his arm, ready to help him up. “I don’t need your help.”

You let go immediately and watched how he groaned and turned around to lie on his back. His breathing was heavy and uneven. He was holding his right side. You furrowed your eyebrows and leaned a little closer to see better. Your eyes widened.

“It’s just a little blood,” he hissed when he noticed you staring. 

“It’s blue,” you whispered and looked at him. “Your blood is blue.”

“I thought you were intelligent enough to figure that out after hearing all those vampires call us blue-blooded jerks. I guess I overestimated you.”

He hissed at the pain. 

“How the hell did this happen?” you ignored his comment.

“Long story,” he said.

You took your phone from your pocket, about to call an ambulance.

“Don’t,” he slapped your hand, making the phone drop to the ground. “They’ll find out about my blood.”

“Well it’s not like you can stay here,” you said, giving him a look.

He let out a frustrated sigh. 

“Where are your friends? Shouldn’t they sense this kind of things?”

“Oh, please,” he gave a laugh that didn’t sound like a laugh at all. “We don’t have a weird spiritual connection or anything.”

“Then what should I do? With a wound like that you can’t stay here like this unless you want to die.”

“Dying sounds appealing right now,” he said with a smirk that creeped you out a lot. The pain he was going through could be seen on his face. It really seemed like death didn’t sound bad to him.

Without asking, you grabbed his arm, wrapped it around your shoulders and forced him to stand up.

“Look at you, trying to save the day,” he mocked you.

You ignored the comment and started walking slowly, making him walk too. You had to at least get him to your apartment. Even though he was a jerk, you just couldn’t leave anyone to die.

 

You sat down on the floor next to the sofa. Minhyuk was lying down on it. He hadn’t let you touch or see the wound on his side. The only thing you knew about it was that he was bleeding quite a bit.

“Did you text him?” he asked coldly, not looking at you.

He had given you Hoseok’s number - which had caught you totally off-guard since you hadn’t expected them to have phones or anything the like - and had told you to text him that Minhyuk needed his help.

“Yeah. Why don’t you have your phone with you?”

“They took it,” he hissed. 

“The higher-ups?”

“Yes, those bastards.”

You looked at how he frowned at the pain he was experiencing. You had never seen him like that before. He suddenly looked somewhat human.

He feels pain too, huh?

“I’m surprised you’re still alive,” he gave a dry laugh. “I was sure you would get yourself killed the second you weren’t protected anymore.”

“I thought so too,” you admitted. “But here I am.”

He just smirked before frowning again. It looked like the pain came in waves or something like that.

“What did they do to you?” you asked. “Why did you even go there?”

“You’re never going get past your stupid curiosity, are you?” he groaned.

“Fine, I’ll just shut up,” you shrugged. “I was just trying to make your time pass faster.”

You got up from the floor and walked towards the kitchen. Hearing his voice made you stop.

“Well, whatever. Might as well tell you everything. Where should I start...” he stopped for a bit. “I was a human once.”

You turned around and stared at him in shock.

“We were all human once. We were born into a human family and our families raised us,” he continued while staring at the ceiling.

A human?

“We don’t have families now. We don’t remember them, though that’s probably for the best. They are the reason we became like this.”

“What do you mean?” you asked and slowly walked back to the sofa. 

He glanced at you when you sat down again. “They hurt us. The reason we turn into what we are now is because of all the frustration, anger and fear built up inside us for too long. I’ve witnessed many people change into what I am now. I know that it’s better to be like this than to suffer that life.”

You were dumbfounded. How though must their lives be for them to change into a completely different being?

“The extreme negative feelings eventually turn one’s blood blue and they become someone like me. It’s always people in their 10’s or early 20’s who turn. People past that age can cope with the negative feelings better and it usually turns into a mental illness or they just overcome it in some miraculous way,” he stopped for a few seconds. “After the person’s blood turns blue, the person disappears from home, loses all their memories and is found by one of us who have already turned.”

You were about to ask him another question but he cut you off before you could open your mouth.

“There’s no such thing as a cure for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter