007

Never Ever

 

 

Rina smiled as she entered the well-lit living room, she rushed to the elderly lady who was seated right in the middle of the room.

Nai nai.” She greeted before leaning down to hug the elder, she chuckled and kissed Rina’s cheeks.

Finally, you youngsters are back, how was your trip?” She asked as Mark joined them, he grinned and kissed the top of her head before taking a seat.

We pretty much did a lot of walking and Mark doesn’t want to take public transportation so we rented cars throughout the trip. Your grandson has been so pampered his whole life.” She sighed, Mark made a face at her.

Rina wasn’t totally lying, after the wedding they flew to Europe and toured some major cities for three weeks, after that they separated and went on to do their own things. Well, Mark underwent training before he could takeover the Taiwan and Korea branch, while Rina flew to San Francisco to volunteer at a marine life institute, helping feed and take care of endangered seals and manatees.

I know, it’s my fault, I spoiled him too much,” The elder agreed, Rina laughed as they stood up.

Come now, I made some of your favorites, Mark’s too.” She said as she took Rina’s hand and pulled her to the kitchen.

Nai nai, I am your grandson. Just to remind you.” Mark mused, the elder snorted. Rina chuckled and winked at him.

What about ma and pa? Are they here too?” Rina asked as they stepped in the kitchen.

“They’ll be here by next week, Joey will be joining them.” Mark replied as he lifted himself on the counter.

Since you both like dimsum so much,” The elder opened the container, Rina and Mark grinned.

That’s why I like coming over, nai nai always has the best food.” Rine mused before grabbing a pair of chopsticks, she picked up a piece and fed it to Mark.

Nai nai watched the two with a smile on her face.

“How is it?” She asked, Mark nodded as he chewed, Rina got one for herself.

You two are going to worsen my diabetes, come to the dining room after this.” The elder patted their cheeks before leaving the two.

 

 

“How do you plan to do this, samonim?”

Rina looked up, her eyes went to the documents before them, Mark was  standing behind her, his palms on the armrests of her stool.

“Bleed them out first.” She spoke, the two men nodded.

“They shouldn’t know it was Tuan Group, then later, when we finally have LLG solely, you can reveal the truth.”

“Yes, samonim.”

“Then, what about…your uncle?”

Mark felt Rina tense slightly, he squeezed her elbow.

“LLG first, we can deal with Lee Cheonshik later, and,” Rina cleared .

“Try not to damage the company’s image, I just want it be declared under Tuan Group, no scandal or damage whatsoever.”

“Of course, samonim.”

Mark nodded, he picked up the pen on the table before going around his wife.

“Where do I sign?” Mark asked, the other director pulled out the other documents, Rina chewed on her lip as she watched Mark sign.

“R?” Mark faced her and handed the pen to her. Rina took it from him, the documents appeared before her, and she signed beside Mark’s signature.

“We’ll report if anything changes, then, we’ll get going.”

Mark nodded and showed them to the door, Rina leaned back and closed her eyes briefly.

You know what, every time we’re here,” Mark stated as he looked around.

“Here? This house?” Rina asked, Mark nodded and sat down across her.

“Remember the day we got this house?” Mark grinned.

“Halbae.” Rina smiled and looked at her hands.

It was a few days before the wedding, he sent his driver to pick us up from school,” Mark started.

“It was my last exam for the school year.” Rina mused.

“So, his driver drove us here and told us to wait, we just went down and stared at his house before the gates finally opened, revealing a very excited haraboji.” Mark chuckled.

He always did mention that he wanted to get me a gift before I got married, and then he bought a house.” She grinned and looked at the lawn.

He also remembered your love for dogs, he had a room installed with dog beds and air-conditioning for your children.

Rina chuckled, she looked up.

“What is it?” Mark asked.

“Shall we go see Haena and the guys?”

“I was just waiting for you to say that.” Mark nodded, she bumped fists with him before walking towards her room.

Mark heard her door close, he took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Yes, vice president?”

“We’ve already set the plan on going, make sure none of her family members will be able to touch her.”

“We will try our best, they~”

“I need her to be safe. I don’t want to hear anything else. Make sure no one will be able to touch her.” He said before dropping his phone on the table and stepping out to the lawn to play with Rina’s dogs.

 

 

“Really?” Rina grinned at her cousin; Jackson had his arms wrapped around Mark like a koala.

“Yeah, my friends and I guess that she’s not over him yet.” Haena mused, Jinyoung snorted.

“What’s so special about Tuan?” Rina grew amused.

The group was at a famous chicken restaurant near their university.

“But let’s be honest here, Lee Rina,” Haena said quietly.

“What?” She asked before picking up another drumstick.

“You married the campus crush, the prince charming, I understand Bona’s hatred for you, and she’s liked him ever since her eyes landed on him.”

“That was the time she saw Mark at our house, we were doing this project for a class.” Rina said.

“Mark oppa’s the perfect husband, Bona must be seething in anger.”

Rina nodded and pressed her palms together.

“Stop trying to exploit me, you two.” Mark mused.

“We’re just being honest.” Haena replied.

“Not totally though, I never though of Mark as the campus crush.” Rina pointed out.

“So, how are you, cinnamon roll?” Jaebum asked.

“Glazed donut.” Mark corrected.

“Huh?” Rina blinked.

“That,” Mark pointed towards his cheekbones, Haena followed his gaze.

“Oh, highlighter on fleek!” Haena mused.

Glazed donut.” Mark was grinning at her.

“Ya, I’m not a pastry.” Rina sent him a look, Jinyoung chuckled.

“Work is…work, I’ve been assigned to three subsidiaries, while Mark does all the intense stuff.”

Isn’t that part of the deal?” Jackson mused, Haena chuckled.

Before she could reply, her phone started to ring. She looked at the screen, her brows met briefly.

Who is it?” Mark leaned over, he read the caller ID.

“It’s..abeoji.” Rina stated, Haena frowned.

“He….He called me up earlier, he said the elders want to see me.”

Mark’s brows met in confusion.

“You should go meet them, unnie. Show them that you’re doing well without them.” Haena said.

“It’s a board meeting, meaning, they’re all gonna be there.” She explained.

“Rina~”

She stood up.

“I’m going to have to take this.” She said before walking away from their table.

“What do you plan to do?” Jackson asked, Haena looked at the older male.

“I let her decide everything.” Mark replied as he picked up his soda.

“Don’t you have LLG in your hands now, oppa?” Haena asked.

“In a few weeks, it will be under Tuan Group.”

“Then, why do they want to meet her?” Jaebum asked just as Rina joined them back.

“Probably to make amends, that’s what appa said.”

Bull.” Haena spat, Jinyoung patted her knee softly.

Mark looked at her, Rina was shaking her head, but a small smirk formed on her lips.

Do you want to go?” Mark asked her as the girl took her seat beside his.

“I don’t know.” She replied before burying her face on the crook of his neck, Haena bit her lip.

You can decide on that later.” Mark said soothingly and just rubbed her back. She sighed and looked at her friends.

“You should go, cinnamon roll.” Jackson stated.

“It’s glazed donut.” Rina corrected, then she balked at her own words and threw Mark a look.

He chuckled.

 

 

“ Now, I’m starting to crave for Krispy Kreme, you idiot.” Rina murmured before pulling away from him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++