026

Never Ever

 

 

Rina flexed her neck as she padded towards the front door, she kicked off her sneakers as she entered the front door.

It was just seven in the evening and she already felt like crashing.

Hi, babies.” She smiled as her two German shepherds rushed to her, she saw Coco rushing in and she leaned down to pick her up in her arms.

“Where’s your dad?” She hummed as she walked to the kitchen; she blinked when she found it empty.

“Tuan?” She set Coco down and walked to the dining room. It was also empty.

Here.” Mark called from the living room; she made her way towards him.

“How was work?” He asked as she plopped down beside him.

Tiring, but I haven’t visited the farm for so long, so I walked around a lot. Thanks for the sneakers by the way.” She smiled as she leaned against him.

“Maybe we can go together next time.” Mark stated as he gestured for her to eat. She sat up and slid down to the carpet.

“You cooked? I’m touched.” She said before picking up her chopsticks.

What did you want to talk about earlier? At lunch.” Mark asked as he turned to the TV screen. Rina’s brows met briefly, she shook her head.

“Nothing. Just some..small stuff. I’ll shower before eating.” She said as she stood up, Mark looked up.

“Are you sure? I mean, it seemed urgent, R.”

She just smiled and shook her head.

“It’s nothing. We can talk about it later.”

Mark just watched as she climbed the stairs and headed straight for her room. He exhaled and just tossed the remote control on the table before stepping out of the house.

 

 

Rina closed her eyes briefly as she stepped out of her room, she was dressed in a pair of loose sweats and tank top.

You were here?” She blinked as she saw her Husky, Prince stroll out of Mark’s study.

The dog just walked with her to the stairs.

“I don’t know if I still have my together, Prince. I feel like my head’s about to explode.” She said as they reached the stairs, the dog’s blue eyes just stared back at her.

“I envy you, you punk.” She sighed before rubbing his head and heading down the steps.

She reached the last step, she was about to usher Prince to come over when she heard voices coming from outside the front door, her eyes widened and she dashed across the hall to the patio.

 

 

“Mark!”

Mark picked up the glass of wine and started to take a sip.

“Mark, you have to sleep with me!” She hollered, Mark almost choked on his drink.

“What?” He set down the glass and faced her.

“Your..parents..nai~”

Oh, there you are!

Mark looked up and saw his parents and grandmother standing by the glass doors, he met Rina’s gaze briefly.

She offered him a smile; he shook his head in amusement before fixing her hair.

“Well, the elders are here.” He said warmly.

“I know, so you have to move in my room, or else they’ll see.” She pointed out as they headed back to the house.

“And in your mind that translated to I should sleep with you?” He mused.

It’s the same thing, you .

It’s totally not the same thing, princess.

Let it go, pumpkin.” Rina elbowed him, Mark just chuckled.

 

 

“You should have called, ma.” Mark said as he sat down with his tea.

“We wanted it to be a surprise. Stop nagging.”

Rina grinned, Joey sat down beside her and handed her a cup of tea.

“She doesn’t drink that.” Mark shook his head and just pulled the cup away.

You don’t drink tea, darling?” Mrs. Tuan asked her.

“I do, just not chamomile, I cant stand the smell, ma.” She said, Mark pushed his cup to her.

Jasmine.” Mark nodded; Joey cooed at the two, Rina just sent him a look.

“But, why are you so bothered about our sudden arrival? Did we disturb something?” Nai nai spoke.

“Like…making babies?” She continued, Rina balked.

“Nai nai!” Mark complained.

I’ll let you guys talk, ma, nai nai. I am a little exhausted today.” Rina said as she stood up.

Rina saw Mark’s father in the living room and greeted him a good night before going to her room.

“Is everything alright? She seems a little pale.” Mrs. Tuan spoke.

“She went to visit their farms earlier, she took a long time before coming home.”

“Then you go up too. Check on her.” His father walked to join them.

Is everything alright?” He asked as Mark passed by him, the eldest stopped and faced his father.

I finally got the board to listen to me, all thanks to Rina.” Mark smiled.

I know that, but I meant you. Are you okay, son?

Mark just wordlessly nodded before excusing himself.

 

 

 

“R, I’m sorry, I~”

“Mark, it’s fine. I knew they were coming. Well, maybe not live with us, but it’s okay. It’s always the two of us here.” Rina said as she walked to the bed.

“But that means you have to sleep here.” Mark spoke as he shut the windows close.

I know. So?” Rina asked asked, Mark walked to the couch.

I’ll take the couch, Irina.” He announced.

Tuan, this is your room.

It’s fine~

“Sleep here. On the bed.” She reasoned.

“What if they try to sneak in here at night? Your nai nai did that when we were in Taiwan.” She recounted, Mark sat up.

But, Rin~

It’s fine, Mark. It’s just you. And, remember college days? You used to sleep at my place a lot.

But that was different.”

“That means I trust you, Mark.” She met his gaze; Mark stood up and padded towards his side of the bed.

“And I’m sorry with what Taeyong…suddenly appearing,”

“You didn’t tell me, you know.” Mark said as he sat down across her.

“What?”

That he wanted you back.”

He saw Rina pause briefly, and she shook her head.

“I didn’t think it was important.” She replied, Mark made himself comfortable and lay down.

“You can always tell me things, R. No matter how small or big.” He said softly, Rina nodded and just plopped down beside him.

I used to think that working at LLG would be fun and being under my uncle and aunts would be a new thing for me but now,” She paused and just inched closer to him, Mark smiled and just opened one arm to her.

I’m their boss. I mean technically, my position makes them my underlings.” She finished and leaned her chin on his shoulder.

Joey said your uncle said some things again.

Yeah, Joey’s my favorite Tuan now.” She chuckled.

“Heol.” Mark replied.

I heard about the project, congratulations, pumpkin.” She murmured as she pulled the blankets closer to her.

Does that make me your favorite Tuan now?” He teased.

“You’re kind of my favorite person, Mark. No matter how weird you can get sometimes.” She said groggily before closing her eyes and just pressed her nose against his cheek briefly and she turned away from him.

 

 

“But I will be never be that person for you, R. I’ll never be Taeyong.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++