043

Never Ever

 

Taiwan

 

 

Rina exhaled as she stepped out of the room, her shoulders slumped when she saw her reflection on the glass windows.

She was out at a dog shelter earlier, volunteering when she got a call from her bodyguards.

She was invited to a luncheon held by one of Tuan Group’s director’s wife, the invitation came so abrupt that she only had an hour to change out of her baggy clothes to a Dolce and Gabbana sundress that Mark had sent her.

Thank god for Mark Tuan.

She walked towards the windows and leaned against the balustrade.

“They only talked about their new houses..new cars and new..noses.” She blinked to herself, she looked at YSL cage heels.

“Samonim,”

She looked up and saw her two guards standing behind her.

“Don’t worry, I’m going back inside.” She faced them, they both smiled and nodded.

“You don’t have to.” One of the guards raised his hand, Rina saw her white Chanel purse hanging on his wrist. She chuckled and took it from him.

“Their party is leaving soon, samonim, we can just tell them that you weren’t feeling well.”

“Okay, thanks oppas.” She smiled before walking to the elevator.

“Can I take the car? I’ll be at Mark’s.” She spoke, the two nodded.

“We will follow you there, samonim.”

Rina gave them both a thumbs up before entering the elevator.

 

 

Then, we can move the meeting tomorrow. As for the opening,” Mark looked up from the folder and set it down.

Joey will be home in a few days, I will discuss it with him. And tell director Hua that I’ll be needing the files I asked from him in two days.

Yes, president.” His secretary picked up the folder.

And,

Mark looked up when he heard the door open, Rina blinked at him, the secretary smiled and bowed politely as she stepped in.

“How was lunch with Mrs. Feng?” Mark smiled, his secretary stepped quietly and closed the door behind him.

“Well, Mrs. Hwang’s daughter recently married an oil magnate’s son, Mrs. Ting got a new nose last week and,” She continued as she sat down on his lap, Mark chuckled and just wrapped his arms around her.

“They made me try this weird fish dish…it was already sliced when served, I almost died.”

“Sorry about that, R. They were really looking forward to meet you.” Mark nodded, Rina smiled.

It’s fine, Mark. It felt like I was in a Kevin Kwan novel. They’re nice though. Thank heavens I still understand a bit of Chinese.” She chuckled and buried her face against the crook of his neck.

“Should I go back to work?” She asked.

“Do you want to?” Mark asked as he looked away from the screen of iMac.

“Can I work as your secretary?” She mused.

“Heol.” Mark shook his head, Rina looked up.

“I’m wearing red lipstick.” She announced.

“I know, Irina.” Mark nodded distractedly, his phone was ringing.

“This is weird, back in Seoul, I was usually the busy one and you always dropped by at my office to bother me, now,”

“Now you’re the one bothering me.” Mark teased, she made a face at him before pressing his lips against his cheek, and she chuckled when she saw the red stain on his cheek.

“Very mature of you, Irina.” Mark stated, she nodded and stood up.

“Nai nai and your parents are coming over later for dinner. And Haena,”

“I know, she and Jinyoung are coming this afternoon.” Mark nodded as he followed her to the door, Rina smiled before wiping her lipstick mark with a wet wipe.

“It’s time we come clean, Tuan. We’ve been hiding this secret for a while now.” She stated as they stepped out of his office, Mark placed on hand on her back and nodded.

“Ah, which reminds me,” He spoke.

“Nope. You’re not allowed to back to work.” He smiled and kissed her cheek before pressing the elevator button.

Ugh, gender roles.” She dramatically rolled her eyes. Mark laughed.

 

 

Mark glanced at the dining table before making his way towards the garden, he found Rina lounging on one of the pool chairs with Coco on her lap.

“I had the driver pick them up from the airport.” She stated as Mark reached her.

“Yeah, Jinyoung called me that they’re already on their way.” Mark said as he sat beside her.

“Arissa is bringing her new boyfriend.” Rina chuckled just as Prince and Summer leapt on the pool, Mark scrunched his nose as the two other German shepherds followed in.

And by new, I mean, we haven’t met this guy yet.”

“A mystery boy.” Mark teased, Rina snorted.

“I have to fly to Beijing next week for work,” Mark stated in Korean as laid his head on her lap, Coco huffed and leapt down from Rina’s lap.

“And you can’t escape this one?” Rina smiled as she put her phone away, Mark nodded he turned his head and kissed her stomach.

Would love to come with you, but I’d rather stay at home with the kids.”

“The smelly kids.” Mark made a face at her, just as their Malamute, Jack Wang joined them.

“Nai nai said she’s bringing her famous pork buns later. I’m stoked.” Rina mused; Mark sat up and looked at her.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Mark smiled before giving her a quick kiss.

“Ya, no need for the extra grease~”

“Because you’re beautiful, I had to kiss you.” Mark touched her hair briefly before standing up, they both looked up when they heard Haena’s voice from the outdoor dining area.

“Well, they’re here.”

 

 

“I moved here ten months ago, and you visit me now?” Rina chided as she walked to her cousin.

“Unnie, I’m a student. Studying law isn’t as easy as your business degree.” Haena said dryly, Rina chuckled and just hugged her cousin.

Jinyoung grinned at Mark before shaking the older male’s hand.

“How was your flight?” Mark asked as they sat down, Haena was already ushering the dogs to come to them while the helper was drying them off.

“Good actually, I swear the food here is ten times better than back home.”

“It’s because you don’t like spicy things,” Jinyoung said to Haena.

“Too much spicy is not good for the skin, Mario Badescu said so himself.” Haena stuck her tongue out, Mark laughed.

“That has to be one of the dumbest moments for our Park Jinyoung.” Mark stated.

“I’m on final stage of evolution,” Rina mused as she leaned back and stretched her legs before her.

“What? You being pregnant?” Haena asked as she lifted Coco onto her lap.

“Ani. Evolution to being a samonim. Everyone seems to be so adamant on calling me that or madame, I’m not even thirty yet.” Rina made a face.

“Imagine my secretary’s face when she asked him to just call her Rina.” Mark said as he picked up the glass of jioce.

“I just want people to feel comfortable around me, and~”

“Rina? Mark?”

The Tuans looked up.

“Nai nai has arrived, meaning, the pork buns are here!”

“Oppa, she probably married you because of your nai nai’s cooking.” Haena mused as Rina padded back to the house with excitement.

Jinyoung nodded.

“Probably.” Mark smiled.

 

 

Rina flinched as Mrs. Tuan stood up to kiss her on both cheeks.

“Ma, I~”

“I knew it! The moment when one of my friends saw you at the hospital and told me about it.”

Mark blinked.

“Were..you spying on us, ma?” Mark blinked, his father laughed at how quick his wife denied the allegation.

Haena chuckled.

“What did the doctor say?” Nai nai smiled and took her hand in hers.

“Doctor Xi has a hunch I might have twins.” Rina said.

“Twins!” Mr. Tuan cheered.

“Pa, that means I’m going to expand twice more than usual. I don’t think we should be happy~”

“But more babies!”

Rina just balked, Mr. Tuan just reached out to pat her knee.

“I’ll probably be the coolest grandpa out there, right, Jinyoung-ah?” The elder mused as he nudged his son’s friend.

“We should probably start eating now.” Mark stated while scratching the back of his head, Rina grinned at him.

Haena and Mrs. Tuan were chatting as they headed back to the house, nai nai was walking her son.

“Ya, I better be a godfather, okay?” Jinyoung teased before jogging towards the ladies.

“Well, that was…something.” Mark mused as he wrapped one arm around Rina as they followed the group.

“Papa seems to be very excited. That worries me.” She grinned, Mark smiled and just kissed the side of her head.

“Abeonim called me yesterday, he plans to visit soon, eommonim too.”

“I just told them about the pregnancy last night. Eomma’s worried, she said I’m not the type to just sit down and rest, so,”

“Yeah, he did mention about hiding your driver’s license and such.” Mark chuckled, Rina just elbowed him playfully.

“Go ahead and try.”

“I wont. I’m not that type of husband. You can go out if you want, just bring the driver with you.”

“Does that mean I still get to drive the Tundra?”

“Nope.” Mark mused, Rina made a face at him.

“It’s not safe anymore, there’s two..or three of you now. I need to keep you safe for my sanity.”

“Okay, the grease is just too much. I get it. No Tundra.” She shrugged; Mark beamed and just captured her lips with his. Rina grinned and kissed him back.

 

 

“I love you, Irina.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

(5/18/17)

THE END!

Thank you so much for reading! 

 

tumblr_oq325uNgw91rownsho2_r3_400.gif