006

Never Ever

Present Time

 

Rina stretched her palms up as she went down the steel stairs; Mark was behind her, already on the phone. She saw the two black SUVs that sandwich the familiar maroon Rolls Royce Phantom.

“R? They can take our bags straight home.” Mark spoke as they reached the last step.

“Okay, are you sure you can drive?” She faced him.

“I can, get in the car. I just need to call pa that we’re already in Seoul.” Mark patted down her hair before opening the Phantom’s door for her, she nodded before sliding in.

She leaned back on the seated and looked at jet they had just disembarked, it had the simple black and silver of Tuan Group emblazoned on its tail. Tuan Group is one of the largest conglomerates in Asia that controlled more than half of not just the Taiwanese market, but also China and Japan. They even have firms in India, Vietnam and Singapore.

Which was also why he was being forced to marry someone from Korea’s high society, Tuan Group needed a firm grip in the Korean market.

Someone once asked her how loaded Mark’s family was, and she had no idea how to explain the Tuan wealth.

She’d had no idea that the boy who sat down next to her on her first day at university was the firstborn and one of the only two heirs of such a large business entity.

But, Mark, in his usual pair of dark jeans and oversized sweaters never showed off, except for the occasional splurging on cars, he was always so quiet and simple in his own way.

“We still up for McDonald’s right?” He asked as he slid in his seat.

Of course, I’m starving.

R, you didn’t eat at the plane.

I was sleeping. I love sleep. It loves me back.” She stated, he chuckled before starting the car.

“Are they going to follow us?” She asked as she noticed how the black SUVs started to move when Mark stepped on the gas.

Yes, don’t mind them.” Mark nodded at her, she grinned at him.

“Welcome home, Mrs. Tuan.” Mark mused.

We’re back, babe.” She chuckled.

 

 

“Oooh,” Haena grinned as she looked at the screen with interest.

“What is it?” Her mother looked up.

“Unnie’s back.”

“With the husband?”

“Yeah, oppa too, they made quite an entrance.” Haena mused as she picked up her jacket.

“You seem excited for this.”

She heard a loud honk from outside.

“Jinyoung’s outside, eomma. I’ll be back later before dinner.” She said hurriedly before glancing at the screen again, Mark and Rina were both seen arriving via a Tuan Group private jet at Incheon around eleven in the evening, and a lot of people were curious about the young couple.

And Haena, she just wants to watch her cousin wreak havoc.

 

 

 

Rina looked at her reflection, her lips quirked up slightly. Her sliver platinum hair went past her shoulders, it complimented the white pantsuit she was wearing matched with a pair suede pumps.

Here.” Mark appeared behind her, already dressed in a sky blue two-piece suit matched with a white dress shirt, he left the first two buttons open.

“Mar~”

Mark placed something around her neck, she stilled.

I got this when I was in Taiwan, it looked nice.” Mark smiled, as he looked the mirror before closing the clasp of the silver chain.

Rina looked at the minimalist amethyst pendant.

They’re excited to see us, do you want drop by somewhere else before we head to lunch?” Mark asked as he took a step back from her.

I’m guessing they contacted you.” She said, Mark looked away and nodded.

“It’s your halbae, he wants to see you.”

She shook her head.

“Mark, he..he was kept in the dark with everything. I don’t think I can face him.”

“He personally called me, R.”

She let out a shaky breath.

Tomorrow then. I’ll call him myself.

“Okay, I’ll get the car ready.” Mark spoke.

“Mark?”

He paused.

“You’ll come with me, right?”

“Of course.” Mark nodded before leaving the room.

Rina exhaled and sat down on the divan. Her phone beeped, she picked it up and opened her emails.

She smiled.

“Back to work then.” She said before picking up her Balenciaga purse and leaving the room.

 

 

“I was expecting someplace else, but this is also good.” Mark said dryly as they entered TG’s main office in Seoul.

She grinned at him before looping one arm around his, employees bowed politely as they passed by.

And sometimes, Rina would stop and chat for a bit when she recognized someone.

“Come on, it’s a subsidiary I started,”

“Yes, Rina, and it’s been doing well for the past year, why are you so worried over it?”

“I just don’t want to seem like a slacker.” She rolled her eyes at him as they reached the elevator.

“Ya, I’m the slacker, I’ve been using your name just to seal deals for TG for the past few months, the directors love you.” Mark mused, she grinned and punched his arm playfully.

“Oh, oppa?”

 

 

Rina paused and spun around, Bona was standing before them.

“Bona,” Mark cleared his throat and faced the girl.

Rina’s jaw tightened, the younger girl smiled and neared them.

“I heard you two were home, welcome back.” She smiled.

“Yeah, we just got home last night.” Mark replied, Rina looked at her cousin.

“What brings you in the company?” Bona asked.

“I should be asking you the same thing, Bona, why are you here?” Rina finally spoke.

“Internship, unnie. I got accepted here.” She beamed at her before reaching out to loop one arm around Mark’s.

“Then, oppa, you should treat me to something nice, do you know how hard is it to get into your company?” She pouted at him.

Rina grew amused.

“How would he know that? He owns it.” Rina stated, Mark paused.

“Unnie, you look good, did you enjoy~”

“I’m going up.” She looked at Mark, he nodded back at him, Rina noticed how Bona’s eyes travelled down to their wedding bands.

Go ahead and choke in envy, snake.

 

 

 

Okay, that was petty, right?” Rina asked while wincing as Mark entered the office, her secretary bowed politely in greeting.

“Why? What did your brain say?”

Choke in envy, snake.” She stated, Mark laughed.

“Cute.” He mused before sitting down on the leather sofa. The secretary smiled to herself as the two interacted.

What do you want to do?” Mark asked, Rina was reviewing the documents on her desk.

“Then, the fundraiser it’s happening next week?” She looked at her secretary.

“Heol, she’s ignoring me.” Mark blinked.

“Yes, director, the sponsors like the concept, they all want to meet you.”

I married the right woman.” Mark hummed; Rina plucked out a pen and threw it at the back of his head.

“Then, set a date, I’ll be there.” She nodded before signing on the papers.

“Yes, director, welcome back. It’s good to see you two are healthy, vice president.”

Mark smiled at the lady before she stepped out of the room.

“You were saying?” Rina stood up from her seat.

“The….LLG thing,” Mark trailed off.

Rina crossed her arms.

“Do it.”

Mark nodded wordlessly.

“There’s no going back after this, R. I just want you to know that.”

“I know.” She nodded.

I’ll have someone release a statement from the office and we’ll have things moving, but, what if your uncle and aunts come after you?” Mark asked worriedly.

“They can try.” She smiled at him.

Mark nodded before picking up her purse from the table.

Lunch?

Are you sure you didn’t invite Bona? Because, honey, that would be awkward.”

“Chill, you’re the only one for me, babe.”

She gagged, Mark laughed.

 

 

“Okay, you win this one, Tuan. I give up. Now go back to your usual quiet self.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++