035

Never Ever

 

Rina scratched the back of her head as she closed the zipper of her Louis Vuitton luggage. Jackson was very adamant about the trip even though she had declined.

“I don’t even like the Maldives. I don’t like the beach.” She muttered darkly as she set the luggage down, she padded towards her opened door.

“Ahjumma, can you~”

Mark appeared before her and slowly picked up the luggage, he wordlessly walked back to the staircase with the luggage in his hands. Rina sighed and just picked up her Gucci sling bag before following him downstairs.

She saw her guards load the bags in the trunk of Mark’s waiting BMW SUV, she saw Mark speaking with his secretary near the front door.

“Samonim, do you have other bags to load?”

“No.” She replied politely before getting inside the car, she leaned back on her seat and put on her sunglasses.

She heard the door open, Mark took the seat next to hers; she faced the windows and crossed her arms.

“To the airport.” Mark spoke.

“Yes, vice president.”

Mark glanced at Rina briefly, then he pressed the small black button beside him, a black screen went up that divided them between the two guards in the car.

“Rina, I~”

“So, you talk to me now?” Rina faced him.

“R, I know I overreacted and I misunderstood you.”

“You never let me finish, Mark. I tried to talk to you,”

Mark’s brows furrowed.

“It was your birthday.” Rina spoke.

“The last time I chose Taeyong over you. It was your birthday, the one Jackson arranged. ” Rina took off her sunglasses and faced the windows again.

“Rina, I~”

“And what he said was right, well partly right.” Rina continued.

“He left because of you.”

Mark paused, he tried to reach for her hand, but Rina pulled back.

We broke up because of you, that was sophomore year. He asked me to choose, Mark.”

Mark didn’t know what to say.

“Remember that time we went to visit Jinyoung’s family? In Jeju?”

Mark nodded; he heard Rina let out a shaky breath.

“That night, he asked me not to go, the moment I mentioned that you were going pick me up on the way to the airport, he got angry. He told me that we should just break up.”

“R, how come..you never told me this?” Mark grew confused.

“Because that same night, he asked me to choose between him and you. And I chose you.”

“I tried not to think much about it, being friends with you was a special thing to me. And I didn’t want to risk telling you what really happened. I didn’t want to scare you away. Ironic, because I asked you to marry me two years later.” She smiled and shook her head, Mark frowned.

“So, don’t ever say that I always chose him over you. It hurts.”

“Rina, I~”

The car pulled to a stop, Rina opened the door and slid down from the vehicle.

 

 

“Okay, so now, everyone knows their roles, right?” Jackson asked again, Arissa nodded.

“You are crazy. Rina might actually commit murder because of you.” Jaebum blinked at his pal, Haena chuckled and glanced at Jinyoung. He had his headphones on and was dozing off on the lounge.

“Where are those two?” Arissa looked up, and then she saw Rina stepped in the room, she was greeted by the two airport crew and they led her to the table.

Rina.” Arissa greeted her warmly; Mark walked up to them and sat down beside Haena.

What time do we leave?” Rina asked.

We can fly out now. The jet’s just waiting.” Jackson replied, Rina followed his gaze and saw the Tuan Group private jet waiting.

Let’s go now, Mark.” Arissa snapped, Mark blinked at her. The girl pulled him up and grabbed Rina before she could walk to Jaebum.

You Tuans walk first, because you guys own that jet, we’ll follow behind you.” She nodded as she pushed the two towards the elevator.

Haena grew amused as she stood up and walked to Jinyoung, she nudged him slightly.

Jie, what~

The elevator doors closed.

 

 

Jackson plopped down on his seat across Arissa and Jaebum. Haena was fast asleep, her head was on Jinyoung’s shoulder as he read the newspaper.

“You isolated the two. Nice. So not obvious.” Jaebum said dryly.

“I’m trying to fix my creation.” Jackson defended he leaned to his left and peeked at his two friends. Rina was working on something on her laptop, while Mark was browsing through a magazine.

“If this doesn’t work, I’m open to suggestions.” Jackson stated.

“How about telling her who mystery girl really is?” Arissa said in her accented Korean.

“How did she end up thinking it was you, anyway?” Jackson pressed, Jaebum flinched.

Speak, Im Jaebum.” Arissa nodded.

“She heard Mark and Jinyoung talking, that time him and Rina just got engaged. Jinyoung told him that if he did marry Rina, that would change a lot of things for him.

”Change?” Jackson asked before translating for Arissa.

“If Mark married her, then Rina would forever see him as a friend who saved her, so Jinyoung suggested that he tell Rina about his feelings for her.”

So, how did I get dragged into this?” Arissa blinked.

“They were talking in a very vague manner, Rina got confused. And then Jinyoung was about to ask whether you were coming over because Haena wanted to tour you around herself. But, just as he mentioned your name, Mark cut him off.”

“Wow. That’s….dumb.” Jackson trailed off.

“A big misunderstanding. Rina’s always assumed Mark likes Arissa.”

Mark? Ew.” Arissa shuddered.

Makes sense though, you two went to the same high school and have been friends since you were kids, Rina or anybody may easily assume that.

But he’s like a brother to me.” Arissa argued. Jaebum grinned.

Suddenly, I feel so frustrated.” Jackson said darkly.

 

 

Rina shut her laptop close, she felt Mark’s gaze on her. Her brows met briefly before she leaned over to get something from her purse.

She set the familiar piece of napkin on the table between them, Mark sat up.

“I actually kept this.” She started, Mark picked it up and read the contract.

“Where’s yours?” Rina asked, Mark looked up and met her gaze.

“It’s gone.” Mark replied, Rina grew confused.

“The deal was that once we’re done, we go through the contract together and..separate quietly.” She said softly.

“I had no plans of that. I still don’t.” Mark met her gaze evenly, Rina bit the inside of her cheek before taking it back from him.

“Irina, I know you must be so confused right now, with what’s happening, but,”

“Arissa.” Rina spoke, Mark paused.

I’ve always thought she was your mystery girl.” She smiled.

“Back then, when I first met her, I tried not to like her, you know. But she’s so sweet and fun to be with. But, also she was so close to you and that bothered me. And then now,” Rina looked at her fingers, her wedding ring reflected the sun’s rays.

“But you’re my mystery girl.” Mark stated.

Rina paused and looked at him.

“Rina, technically, it’s no mystery. Our friends knew, even my parents knew the moment they first met you.”

Rina’s brows rose.

 

 

“It’s always been you, R.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++