039

Never Ever

Rina stepped out of the meeting room; she checked her reflection on her compact powder.

“You did well, Rina.” Her father said, she smiled before looping her arm around his.

“Thank you, pa.” She nodded as they approached the elevator.

“I now my side of the family has done so much wrong to you and your mother. I don’t even know where to start.”

“Must we talk about that now? We just got out of the meeting.” She sighed as they got in the elevator.

“I’m just praising you, daughter. You’re doing things that most young people can’t do.”

Rina just shrugged, the doors opened and they stepped out.

“How’s Mark? I heard you and your friends went on a trip?”

“I’m doing fine, abeonim.”

They paused, Mark was making his way towards them, his two guards maintained a distance behind him.

Rina blinked in surprise

Hi”. Mark greeted before kissing the side of her cheek, then he faced her father.

“That’s good to hear. I’m sorry we took too long.” The elder smiled and patted Mark’s arm.

“It’s okay, pa. The meeting was urgent.” Mark smiled, the elder then excused himself and walked towards his waiting car.

“What was that? I saw the article about Bona,” Rina asked as Mark walked with her.

“Yeah. I already took care of it.” Mark nodded and took her hand in his, Rina paused.

“Did you release a statement?”

“Ani.” Mark replied as they reached the waiting Mercedes Benz.

“Then, what?”

 

 

 

Joey and Rina were both on the couch, eyes glued on the TV screen.

“Wow. I had no idea.” Rina spoke as she leaned back on the couch.

"You Tuan men are scary." She added, Joey rolled his eyes at her.

Did he tell you about this?” Joey queried.

“No.” She stated, then they heard Mark step out from his study, he was still speaking on the phone as he reached them.

Joey glanced at his sibling.

Yes, I’ll be waiting for the other documents. I’ll have my secretary send you my email address.” Mark quipped before putting his phone away.

Is he still in a bad mood?” Rina whispered to Joey.

“Ever since you guys got home, he’s been a little…moody.”

“He didn’t even speak much in the car, I still don’t know what he did towards Bona. You don’t think he~”

“I can hear you.” Mark spoke; the two closed their mouths. Joey grinned before heading towards the dining room.

Should we eat now?” Rina asked softly, she stood up and made her way towards him.

“You already heard?” Mark asked.

Yeah.”

Look, R, I’m sorry, I know I acted rashly, and I should have asked you first, but I got so…angry and that I knew if I didn’t do something~”

“Hey, Tuan, it’s fine.” Rina nudged him; Mark exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Rina, this has to stop. They have to stop.”

Rina just nodded.

“I can’t let them continue doing this to you. You’ve been protecting me from them, I know that. You hate it when my name gets tagged every time something happens.”

“It’s part of the deal, Mark.”

Mark looked at her warily.

Was. It was part of the deal.” She corrected herself.

“I just want you to understand, that I did this to protect you. And not to torment your relatives, okay?” Mark cupped her cheeks.

“I know.” She nodded.

“And I am aware that this will start a lot of talk, so, this time, let me deal with them, okay?” Mark smiled.

“You’re not going to strip them off of everything, right? I mean, we’re not Disney villains, Mark.”

“Irina, please take me seriously.”

“I am, I am taking you seriously. It’s just that I just wanted to have dinner with you and Joey. It was a long day for me, and I just wanted to unwind and chat with you two.” She mused before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“You’re..surprisingly calm about this. Bona targeted you, R.” Mark just patted her back soothingly.

“Yeah, but I have you. I’ll leave this in your hands, Tuan.” She chuckled as she pulled away; Mark looked at her, he tugged her back to him and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I just need you to not listen to those rumors, okay? What Bona said~”

“I know. You were never together. I had a feeling she wasn’t your type.” She stated, Mark let go of her and pulled her to the dining room. Joey was already on his seat, eating.

“Really? So, what’s my type then?” Mark mused.

“Don’t say it. Don’t say it. I’m still eating.” Joey winced.

“Me.” Rina laughed, Joey shuddered.

 

 

 

“This is going to be fun.” Haena mused, Arissa pushed her sunglasses upwards, and both women were at LLG’s lobby.

“Jaebum’s here too, why?”

“The Ims have a seat in the board, they’ve been family friends for years, explains why Rina and Jaebum are BFFs.” Haena said, and then she looked up and saw Rina’s aunts arrive. Bona was trailing behind them, her shoulders tensed as they passed by the lobby.

They’re all running scared now.” Haena stated, Arissa leaned back.

“Why did they have to do that? Look who finally got angry, Mark Tuan wont let this go easily.”

This must have really struck a nerve. Mark’s never the type to interfere,” The Tang heiress spoke.

“Right, jie. Mark oppa never interfered when it came to unnie’s family issues. He only helped her when she needed him, supported her when she was having a hard time, but this, this is all him.” Haena spoke.

They should have just left Rina alone. Mark’s really angry now, and this…this wont be good for them.” Arissa stated.

“They should have just quit touching his wife, look now, they’re all going down.” Jackson walked to them, the girls blinked at him.

“I’m here to watch the whole thing unfold. Popcorn?” Jackson offered his bag of fresh popcorn and sat down beside them.

So, what did Mark hyung really do?” Jackson asked.

So, technically, LLG is still under his name, right? Rina unnie was about to return everything, but she will be leaving the president position to someone she can trust. That’s why Minhyuk came home, she called him up.

“I thought he was studying to be a pilot?”

“He is, but him taking the seat is just formality, he doesn’t realty have to stay. Rina unnie wanted the board to decide on every move LLG makes from now on. That way, more people are involved, meaning she can also keep her aunts and uncle at bay.”

“That sounds reasonable.” Arissa nodded.

“But, when Bona went all psycho and desperate again, which made Rina unnie look like some….greedy woman who stole Mark from her, the Tuan got angry. So, Mark finally stepped up, he sent out an announcement. The Lees still have their founder shares of LLG, so they still get earnings from the company. But,” Haena said, then she looked up.

Mark had arrived, behind him, Joey and Rina were chatting quietly. Employees and some of the managers bowed as the trio passed by. Rina offered a polite smile as she walked. Mark glanced at her; Rina smiled and took his offered hand.

“Persona-non-gratae have been issued to her aunts and uncles, and also including Bona. They cannot enter any LLG owned establishment, farms or factories.”

“Whoa.”

“They no longer are directors or managers of LLG. The only thing they can get from LLG is the earnings as heirs of the company. At least Mark oppa respected that thing, we know he can get rid of that, right?” Haena mused.

“It may seem…cruel, but they deserve it.” Arissa stated.

“And there are chances that her uncle, Lee Cheonshik may be tried for embezzlement, in a way, he’s also protecting LLG.”

“So, LLG is still under Tuan Group?”

“In a way, yes and no. With that decision, he’s letting Rina unnie choose what to do. He just wants to clean things up and stop them from trying to hurt her.”

Mark finally used his power. That’s good.

 

 

 

Rina took her seat beside her brother-in-law; she looked up and met her uncle’s gaze.

“I’m sorry for calling everyone in such a rush,” Mark spoke, the directors all turned their attention to him.

“President Tuan, regarding the perso~”

Mark glanced at Lee Cheonshik, the elder immediately closed his mouth.

“It has been made official, that directors Lee Cheonshik, Han Ahee, Yoo Mira have been dismissed. Also, Yoo Mira’s daughter, Bona has to cut ties with her position here in the company.”

There was a soft murmur in the room, Rina saw Jaebum seated beside his father.

“Regarding the persona-non-grata, it will be effective right after this meeting.” Mark finished.

“I’m sure you have questions about the seat,” Mark leaned on the table and looked ahead

“For formality, Yoo Minhyuk has been appointed as acting president of LLG.”

Bona’s eyes widened, Mira looked at her son. Minhyuk met Rina's gaze, she gave him a small nod.

“But, all decisions for LLG’s future will be made by the whole board, no one is allowed to move on their own or change things without notifying the board of directors.”

“Mark,” Han Ahee spoke, Mark glanced at her.

“You can’t do this~”

“I just did. You should have stopped coming for my wife.” Mark quipped before facing the board again.

The room grew silent.

“Then, this meeting is done. Thank you all for coming.” Mark stood up from his seat; Joey followed his brother out of the room. Rina cleared and picked up her purse.

“Was this really necessary, unnie?”

She paused, Bona was looking at her. Rina felt the whole room staring at them.

“Bona, stop it.” Minhyuk spoke while standing up.

“You asked for it.” Rina faced her cousin.

“I was just about to return everything, but you had to had the last say, huh?” Rina stated. Bona looked away, her fists curled.

“I can’t do anything about this.” Rina looked at her relatives, the other directors started to pile out of the room.

“Rina, this isn’t~”

“Samonim,” Mark’s head of secretary approached her, Rina glanced behind her. Mark was standing by the doorway, his hands in his pockets.

“It would be best to leave the building now.” Rina said before turning away from them.

 

Mark gave her a small smile before placing one hand on her back; he kissed her cheek as they left.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++