012

Never Ever

 

“Okay, that was intense.” Mark said lightly as they were led to their table.

Sorry, it’s just…seeing his face makes me want to~

“I know.” Mark took her hand in his, she smiled.

“But how was it? Do I deserve a Grammy now?”

More than that.” Mark chuckled before kissing the side of her head, Rina grinned, and the two didn’t notice how they earned stares in the room. And that most of the guests were in awe of the young couple.

“I’m curious about something,” She asked him as they reached their seats.

“Bona…Her internship, how did she get it?”

Mark paused.

“No, I’m not saying that she should be removed, I just..”

“She’s under Tuan Banking, she’s applied for it ever since her junior year,” Mark explained.

“Makes sense, she’s an accountancy major.” Rina nodded, she glanced behind them, guests were starting to arrive.

“Do you want to~”

“No, just let her be.” Rina smiled at him, Mark followed her gaze.

“Go and say hi,” She nudged him.

“Alone?” Mark flinched.

You have to do it alone, vice president.” Rina chuckled before leaning over to straighten his tie.

But~

“They need to see you, I’m just your wife. You are the next president. Go on.” Rina squeezed his hand.

 

 

 

“Eomma,” Rina approached her parents, Mrs. Lee looked up and smiled.

“You’ve been back for almost a week, you should come by the house.”

“I was planning to, can I bring Mark?”

“Of course, why are you even asking?” She slapped her arm playfully, Rina chuckled.

“How’s everything? Does appa~”

“Yeah, he still manages to oversee the farm and worked at the main office.” Her mother said carefully, Rina paused and nodded.

“I heard about the other day, Rina.”

She looked at her fingers.

“Your father understands your decision, but, it may have put him in a difficult position with his siblings and~”

“Difficult? No one even asked me if I had a difficult time when everybody tried to kick me out and call my parents thieves.” Rina pointed out, her mother hushed her.

“I’m being honest, ma. I don’t care anymore.”

“Rina, this~”

“They’re all nothing to me, except for my grandparents. You don’t understand, ma.”

“Dear, I do, I really do. But I’m afraid that this anger of yours go on, it might be bad for you.”

Rina shook her head.

“It’s only going to be bad for them.”

“Rina, what are you~”

“Eommonim!” Mark was beaming as he walked to them, the elder looked up and welcomed Mark with a hug.

“She didn’t even hug me when I walked to her.” Rina mused, Mark chuckled as he let go of the lady.

“You are invited to dinner at our house.” Mrs. Lee said to Mark.

“I’ll be there for sure, eommonim, you make the best samgyetang,” Mark chuckled.

“Appa didn’t come?” Rina asked her.

“He couldn’t. Something came up at work.” She explained, Mark nodded.

“Then, can I borrow Rina for a while, eomma?” Mark asked.

“Sure, you go ahead. I have to call your father anyways.”

 

 

“What is it?” Rina asked as Mark stopped walking, she glanced to her left and saw Jackson enter the party with Jinyoung and Haena. She smiled at them.

“It’s done, R.” Mark said quietly.

“What is?” She asked, Mark took out his phone and handed it to her.

Her brows met briefly, then she faced him.

“LLG is now under Tuan Group. So, I’m asking you, do you want it announced now?” Mark asked her, Rina looked around and found her uncle, he was on the phone, it looked like he was arguing with someone. Her lips curled upwards.

Yes.” She answered.

“Okay, let me just call secretary Ahn. Go say hi to the guys.” Mark kissed her forehead before stepping away.

 

 

“They drive me crazy.” Haena stated, Jackson and Jinyoung followed her gaze. They saw Mark pulling Rina aside, the two were talking quietly, Mark was watching her as she spoke.

And then he gave her a small smile before kissing the side of her head and stepping away.

“Do you see the way he looks at her?” Haena sighed, Jinyoung just smiled and squeezed her hand.

“It drives me nuts too. My creation..is a success after all.” Jackson murmured, then Rina started walking towards them.

“Hush now, children.” Jinyoung spoke.

“Finally.” Rina grinned as she reached them.

“Welcome back to society, unnie.” Haena mused before hugging the older girl.

“I know, I still hate it.” She shuddered, Jinyoung chuckled.

“Your uncle’s here. Spooky.” Jackson stated, Rina followed his gaze, the elder was still on the phone, he looked more frustrated by the second.

“Chapter one has just begun, and he’s having a taste of it right now.” She smiled, and then she saw Mark speaking with two board directors.

“I’ll be back in a minute, Tuan needs help.” Rina said before walking across the hall.

“What was she talking about?” Jinyoung questioned, then Haena’s phone beeped.

Jackson leaned over her.

Her lips quirked up as she looked up.

Rina had reached Mark and she greeted the directors with familiarity, Mark smiled and placed one arm on the small of her back as they continued their conversation.

“Oh.” Jinyoung had his phone out and was reading the article on the screen.

 

 

“Seoul’s power couple has just started to show what they can really do.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++