The Magician

The Great 13 Boys

The Magician

 

Wonwoo shook his head as he stared at Younghee eating the food in front of her without pause, "Ya, do you know that you eat like a baby dinosaur?" Asked Wonwoo and Younghee shook her head, still devouring her food.

 

His gaze moved to Younghee's face, her dark circle were so dark. "What time did you sleep last night?"

 

"I haven’t sleep yet. The deadline of my novel is near and if I don’t stay up late, I can’t watch Dokyeom's concert tonight." Younghee replied.

 

"Rest, just sell the ticket to someone else. You could die!"

 

Younghee then glared at Wonwoo. "I'm not that crazy, okay? The tickets are always sold out every time I want to watch! And this is a golden opportunity!"

 

Shortly after, Younghee had finished her breakfast and waited in the car while Wonwoo paid for their food at the cashier. Then Wonwoo comes out, he turns to the left and finds an old beggar, Wonwoo opens his jacket and gives it to the old beggar.

 

"It's almost raining, this jacket won’t make you cold." He said, he also gave money to him.

 

"Thank you, young man. Thank you." Said the old beggar as he shook Wonwoo’s hand. And Wonwoo returns to the car

 

"How do you know it almost raining?" Younghee asked, but the sky still looks bright.

 

"High atmosphere pressure affects the bubbles in your coffee before. If the bubbles are close to the center, then expect rain or storm weather." Wonwoo replied while turning on his car.

 

"Such a mystery maniac." said Younghee and Wonwoo just smiled slightly at her. "Wake me up when we get home." Younghee lowered her chair back and closed her eyes.

 

 

***

 

 

The applause filled the hall as Dokyeom showed his card trick, all female fans also shouted his name including Younghee and Kyulkyung. Mingyu even had to cover both ears because he was squeezed by Younghee and Kyulkyung, he felt his eardrums were about to break. Meanwhile Wonwoo has observed in detail Dokyeom movements and he still don’t know any of Dokyeom tricks.

 

"Ya, Wonwoo-ya, do you know that cheap tricks he uses?" Asked Mingyu and Wonwoo shook his head. Even for a reliable detective like him, Dokyeom is not a person who he can reads easily, as if the man is covering himself in a fog.

 

Now Dokyeom is showing another trick, he shows his pile of cards to the audience, counts 1 to 3 and he throws the cards into the sky and the cards are floating in the air as if Dokyeom is the one who controlling them.

 

"Holy ! How can he do that?!" Mingyu yelled and got hit from Kyulkyung

 

"can’t you shut up?!"

 

At that moment, the scream from the front seat can be heard. Wonwoo and Mingyu immediately ran towards the scream and found a dead man in with a card stuck on his neck. Everyone ran frightened, some are curious. Wonwoo spun around facing Dokyeom and the man smiled at him, a smile with a meaning.

 

Is it possible that he ...

 

Mingyu checked the man, "He’s been dead for 5 minutes." He said. Wonwoo looks at his watch, that means when Dokyeom did the card trick. Who exactly is that man?

 

When Wonwoo wants to approach Younghee and Kyulkyung, the two are gone. But were on stage and talking with Dokyeom. "Mingyu-ya, get the people out of here and call Seungcheol hyung."

 

He walked toward Dokyeom, "Wonwoo-ya, come here. Dokyeom is your fan." Younghee said.

 

"Nice to meet you, Wonwoo-ssi, I heard a lot about you from news and magazines." Dokyeom said and reached out his hand, Wonwoo took his hand and he felt a familiar sensation, like he ever touched his hand, but where?

 

"How do you fly those cards? What trick you used?" Asked Wonwoo.

 

"Jeon Wonwoo, do you suspect him?!" Kyulkyung asked angrily

 

"It's okay, Kyulkyung-ssi. All right, I'll tell you a secret, there's no trick. My magic doesn’t comes from talent, it comes from pain.” Answered Dokyeom. "Excuse me, ladies, I have to go back to the dressing room and Wonwoo-ssi, if you're still curios you can meet me in the dressing room."

 

. Inner Wonwoo

 

"You two, just wait at starbucks across the building."

 

 

***

 

 

Wonwoo had been circling around the entire hall, he had checked the cards scattered on the stage and only one card was missing, the heart card, the card that stuck on the man's neck. In addition, the easiest spot to kill the man was on stage and also the hall was dark. If one card was thrown away, no one will notice it.

 

"Why do all the evidence lead to Dokyeom but it doesn’t feel right?" Wonwoo asked himself.

 

"Have you found the murderer?" A voice makes Wonwoo turn his body.

 

"Who are you?" Asked Wonwoo

 

"Ah, I'm Dongho, Dokyeom's manager." he said, holding out his hand and Wonwoo accept it. There's a deep callous on Dongho's middle finger.

 

"Are you an expert on using bow?" Asked Wonwoo

 

"I'm pretty good at it." He replied.

 

Wanting to convince him something, Wonwoo stood up and left Dongho then he ran towards Seungcheol.

 

"Hyung, where the card?" He asked

 

"Which card?"

 

"The card that stuck on the man's neck!" Seungcheol then gave it to Wonwoo, he looked at the card and found a small tear on the card. Wonwoo ran again to backstage and found the bow that had been hidden under the stage."Hyung, I've found the killer." Wonwoo said to Seungcheol.

 

 

***

 

 

Mingyu has gathered everyone in the hall including Dokyeom and Dongho, he had already picked up Kyulkyung and Younghee back to the hall. As they entered, the hall was dark and filled with dry ice.

 

"is that Wonwoo on stage? Eiyy, what is he doing there?" Kyulkyung asked.

 

"You take the advantage of the dark hall. Besides that, the distance that was so close to the victim allows you to kill him without soiling your hands. Right, Dongho-ssi?" Wonwoo said

 

All eyes staring at Dongho, "In the middle finger of his right hand there is callous that only owned by someone who use bow," Wonwoo picked up the bow that he had found,

 

"He used the card instead of an arrow. Card won’t be thrown that far unless it’s heavy, but he laid the card in the room full of dry ice before he used it. And make the card heavy, it can make the card sharp enough and strong enough to kill someone." Wonwoo then pulled the bow’s string and flew the same card toward the seat where the man sat, and the card stuck on the seat.

 

“That’s right! I killed the innocent man because of you, Dokyeom-ah! Why do you always get the spotlight?! We learnt magic together, why is it just you who become so popular?! I had to kill him to make you a scapegoat! Therefore, I took one of your card last night and use it as a killing tool!"

 

"You're wrong, Dongho-ya, the card is not mine, because my heart card is in Wonwoo's wallet." Wonwoo pulled his wallet out of his pocket, opened it and found a heart card tucked inside. He looked at Dokyeom and he winked.

 

"Are you that old beggar?!" Asked Wonwoo. No wonder he felt familiar when they shook hands earlier

 

"Don’t be surprised, this isn’t the first time I've tricked you as a beggar."

 

Seungcheol handcuffed Dongho and intends to take him but Dokyeom called him, "Kim Dongho! I just want you to know that we are still brothers." Dokyeom said.

 

"Lee Dokyeom ... that idiot." Dongho whispered then he was taken out by Seungcheol.

 

 

***

 

 

"Can i have your number?" Asked Dokyeom to Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung looked at Younghee and smiled then nodded her head and scribbled her number on paper and gave it to Dokyeom, but Mingyu quickly grabbed the paper and tore it up.

 

"She’s got a boyfriend!" Mingyu said sarcastically.

 

"Are you his boyfriend?" Asked Dokyeom and Mingyu shook his head.

 

"How did you put the heart card in my wallet?" Asked Wonwoo.

 

"I'm not going to tell you. Oh, Shall we play a game cards?"

 

"No, no more cards." Wonwoo replied

 

"Oh, come on!" Dokyeom pulls out his pile of cards, shakes it, spreads it and asks Wonwoo and Mingyu to take a card and keep it. "Wait for 15 minutes and look." Said Dokyeom, then the man got into his van and left the building.

 

They also left the building with Mingyu’s car and planned to have dinner in the restaurant before returning home. Kyulkyung listens to music with a headset while Younghee falls asleep from exhaustion.

 

Wonwoo remembered Dokyeom's phrase, my magic doesn’t come from talent, it comes from pain. Dokyeom knew that Dongho will do something bad to him, and it makes Dokyeom upset because they are brothers. Therefore, Dokyeom came to him and pretended to be a beggar to slip his heart card inside his wallet.

 

He took out the card he had taken from his pocket and looked at it. Instead of the usual poker card, he found a plain white card which is written, See you again, Jerk>. <

 

"That bastard ..."

 

"What?" Mingyu peeked and saw Dokyeom's handwriting, then he also took his card. A plain white card which is written, Double Jerk>.< "ing !!"

 

 

HERE’S THE CHAPTHER 4 GUYS! DOKYEOM AND WONWOO-MINGYU LOVE-HATE RELATIONSHIP IS HERE HEHEHE. HOW DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DOKYEOM’S PERSONALITY HERE? I HOPE IT DOESN’T DISAPPOINTING YOU GUYS.

MORE OF NEW CHARACTERS WILL COME. WHO SHOULD I BRING INTO THE NEW CHAPTHER?? OH, AND DONGHO HERE IS NOT NU’EST DONGHO ^^

SINCE ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUANGE, SORRY FOR MY BAD GRAMMAR^^ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT IF YOU INTERESTED BY THIS STORY, YOU CAN ALSO CRITIZE ME GUYS. I’M AN OPEN MINDED PERSON^^ THANK YOU AND ENJOY THIS STORY^^