Pilot

The Great 13 Boys

Pilot

 

The music buzzing loudly, the colorful spotlight keep making Wonwoo’s eyes ache whenever the light panned his eyes. He felt uneasy, 2 months has passed yet Seoul is so quiet since the last case he solved. No murderer cases coming into his office. Mingyu saw Wonwoo who is sit quietly and he hit Wonwoo’s shoulder softly. "What happpened?"

 

"It's weird, really weird. How can there be no case or something happen for two months?! I feel so claustrophobic!" he groaned.

 

"Isn't that good? You can finally focus on something elses, like going on a date for example?” Said Mingyu. He turned the barstool facing the bartender. “Hey, can i have one beer?"

 

“Silver bullet?” asked the bartender and Mingyu nodded his head. Mingyu then turned the barstool once again facing the crowd.

 

"Wonwoo-ya, what do you think about the woman who is sitting in the corner?" Mingyu inquired. Wonwoo followed the directions of Mingyu’s hands and found the woman who sit alone. Wonwoo’s eyes moved as if he was reading her, and after seconds passed, he smiled. Mingyu knew when Wonwoo smile like that it means he found a conclusion.

 

"If you look at her left shoulder, it slightly higher than the right, it means she is left-handed. from the way she's constantly touching her nose bridge means she usually wear glasses and this is her first time wearing a contact lenses because she kept checking if her contact lenses still in her eyes or not," He paused and look at the woman again

 

"The line marks in her wrist was the mark of the edge of the desk, she is working with a computer and for her job details, she is a journalist. Why? There's an ink stain left on her right thumb, it means that she hold a book for her to write about news and the pen she used accidentally touched the tip of her thumb as she writes in hurry. And last from the way she kept looking at her watch for the last minutes is because she is here to meet someone."

 

Although Mingyu often heard Wonwoo describe someone like that, it still makes Mingyu mesmerized, how can he not? Wonwoo can even saw the line marks and the ink stains like it almost impossible since it's dark there.
 

 

***

 

 

Shortly after Wonwoo showed his ability to deduce, a screamed can be heard from the woman's bathroom. Spontaneously, Wonwoo ran and left Mingyu who still have to digest the situation around him. When Wonwoo broke through the crowd, he can smell the smell of luminol. He stopped for a second but Mingyu already pushed him into the bathroom.

 

When he got in. There was a woman laid on the floor with a foam around , her hand clutched onto her neck. Mingyu went closer towards the body, touched her vein. Mingyu look at Wonwoo and shake his head which mean, she’s dead.

 

"Call Seungcheol and Jeonghan!" Wonwoo commanded. He also told Mingyu to bring unauthorized people out of the bathroom.

 

Wonwoo took the woman's bag and poured all the stuff. There are two bottles that looks like a medicine bottle. Maprotiline. Wonwoo thought. She must be suffering from depression or anxiety. The first bottle is empty and the second bottle still has pills. "A suicide?" asked Mingyu.

 

'"It's still too early to make a conclusion." he answered. "Mingyu, can you ask her friends that came with her until Seungcheol and Jeonghan come?" Mingyu make an 'okay' sign then left the bathroom. Wonwoo took the woman's book planner and when he was about to open it, a small paper fall from her book, a doctor receipt. He took the receipt and read it, and it says that she supposed to consume the Maprotiline once a day.

 

"That means," He pulled the handkerchief from his bag and began to examine the body. Wonwoo opened and he can smell the smell of almond from . "Potassium cyanide," he whispered. He took the second bottle that still has the pills, soaked it with a water and just like what he thought, the smell of almond. "Hmm, someone replaced the medicine with potassium cyanide." He put the pill inside a small pouch to be given to the police.

 

Wonwoo opened the woman’s book planner, today is her boyfriend’s birthday and she already marked the date on her book with love emoticon and a note that written; Jingoo’s birthday, don’t forget to buy a lingerie.

 

“Defenitely got killed.” Wonwoo whispered. He closed his eyes, searching for something through his brain. He keeps his eyes until…luminol, he thought. He smelled the smell of luminol before, the murderer walked passed him.

 

"Ya, I already interrogated them all. This woman is Jihye, she’s a university student, majoring in art. And she’s here because her friends were throwing a party. She’s been suffered from depression since 3 years ago, that’s because someone blackmailed her and told her to break up with her boyfriend, and also—“ Before Mingyu managed to finish the sentence, Seungcheol broke into the bathroom.

 

“Ok, you got 15 minutes to explained everything to me before your cousin come and kill the three of us here.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“She got poisoned by potassium cyanide. Someone replaced the pills with it. The murderer walked past toward me before, he or she smelled like luminol.” Wonwoo take the paper that Mingyu wrote as he investigated the suspects and then he move to the dead woman’s body and took the bottle.

 

Glitters?

 

Wonwoo found there’s a stain of glitters in the middle of the bottle. He walked outside to the suspects that waiting and start pouring out all stuffs of the suspects’s bag. “Hey! Don’t touch someone’s bag without permission like that!!”

 

Wonwoo ignore the words and after pouring all the stuffs from the suspects’s bag, he found a plastic filled with glitters and as he already guessed, the smell of luminol directly stung his nose. Wonwoo also found a note that write; don’t worry, I am on my way to catch you up.

 

“The owner of this bag…where is she?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“She left to the bathroom upstairs, she wanted to smoke she said.”

 

“!” he said as he start run. Seungcheol also follows him and run with him.

 

“What happened?!”

 

“The killer name is Hyuna, she wanted to kill herself after killed Jihye. I saw her last record. The woman who died in the bathroom ... I thought she got killed because they love the same man But that’s not it! Hyuna loved her and because Jihye already have a boyfriend, they can’t be together. Hyuna replaced the medicine with potassium cyanide because she knew Jihye will taking it.”

 

When they got in the bathroom, they found Hyuna lied on the floor with the same conditions as Jihye. Just like what Wonwoo smell before, the smell of luminol wafted from the bathroom. Seungcheol grab his walkie-talkie and tell his subordinated to come there.

 

“I should’ve known.” Whispered Wonwoo. This is the second time in his career, murderers whom he captured with his deduction but killed themselves. He felt like a murderer because he thinks catching criminals with a deduction but let them die make him feel like a murderer.

 

 

***

 

 

THE GREAT DETECTIVE, JEON WONWOO CAUGHT A MURDERER WITH ONLY THE SMELL OF LUMINOL.

 

Wonwoo appeared in the first page of newspapers and magazines again, and that make Hoshi really annoyed. They have the same age and they are both detectives, how could only Wonwoo who gets the spotlight?

 

“This jerk! Why is he always shows up in the front page?! I’m so sick of seeing his face again and again!” Yelled Hoshi.

 

Jun give one glass of beer for Hoshi and Hoshi drank it in one gulp. “Why don’t you have an analysts duel with him?” asked Jun.

 

“What?”

 

Jun throw newspaper from tomorrow in front of Hoshi. “This is the news from yesterday,” said Jun. Hoshi took the newspaper and start reading it.

 

“The haunted house killer?”

 

“Hmm, one of the victims that survived said that in the haunted house there is a werewolf. He saw his friend torn to pieces by the werewolf and he managed to escape and just got scars on his arm.” Said Jun again.

 

“A werewolf? Seriously?! What kind of an idiot that comes with a killing plan like that?”

 

“interesting, right? He would be there, since you know there are no werewolves in this world.”

 

A werewolf, huh?

 

 

***

 

 

Wonwoo pulled the blanket up over his head when Younghee opened the curtains in his bedroom. He just fell asleep for about two hours and she was casually opened the curtains and disturbing his bedtime.

 

"Wake up!! You still not having your breakfast, don’t you?"

 

Breakfast, she said? How could that woman told him to eat breakfast when he had just saved the world yesterday, he don’t need breakfast right now. He need to sleep. “I’ll just eat lunch, now close the curtain again! I need to sleep, Younghee-ya.” Answered Wonwoo

 

"No! You always said that you would eat lunch but in fact you don’t eat until night come and you're not going to eat until the next day! What if you pass out again like three days ago?!"

 

True, Wonwoo never eat breakfasts. he also never eat dinners and only eat lunch, but only with a few layers of sandwich. He thinks that if he eat breakfast and dinner, his brain won’t work properly. He also doesn’t feel hungry, and if he feels tired, he would pass out like few days ago and it happened frequently that makes Younghee worry.

 

“I won’t. Now, can you please just go home and let me sleep?”

 

“Okay. If you’re not going to wake up, I’ll tell your client to go home. You know, they said that there’s a werewolf inside a haunted house in the amusement park. You want to sleep, right? Sure, I’ll just tell—“

 

“A werewolf?!” Wonwoo got up out of his bed, ran to the bathroom and brush his teeth and then go downstairs into his office and greet his clients.

 

“Mr.Jeon Wonwoo? Your wife told us to wait here as she woke you up.” Said one of his clients.

 

“Ah! She’s not my wife, she’s just my bestfriend.” Answered Wonwoo as he sit down. “She told me that there’s a werewolf inside the haunted house, is that true?”

 

“Yes. It’s happened almost a month ago, because of that our haunted house is getting so deserted and we got a lot of loss because of that. Here’s the pictures from the victims, one of them survived and is in the hospital right now. The survivor said that before his friend got killed, he heard a growl and feathers on the floor.”

 

“Were there any witnesses?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“One of our employee who becomes a ghost there saw a creature, it tall, big, hairy and it’s eyes are red. He also heard the same thing like the survivor.”

 

Wonwoo looked at the picture and staring at it for a while, the scars looks exactly like a dog scratches, a very big dog. Wonwoo looked at the date and realized that the murder happened when it’s full moon. Oh, this getting so interesting. He thought.

 

 

OK, SO HERE’S THE FIRST CHAPTER!! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING THIS KIND OF STORY (MYSTERY, CRIME AND MURDER) MORE WILL COME IN THE NEXT CHAPTER AND ALSO, ALL THE 13 BOYS ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER HERE, SO PLEASE WAIT FOR THEM TO SHOW UP!!

SINCE ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUANGE, SORRY FOR MY BAD GRAMMAR^^ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT, YOU CAN ALSO CRITIZE ME GUYS. I’M AN OPEN MINDED PERSON^^ THANK YOU AND ENJOY THIS STORY

SPOILER FOR THE 2ND CHAPTER: WONWOO AND HOSHI ANALYSTS DUEL!!