Nine.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

Songs of the Chapter: Imagine - John Lennon & Your Name - SHINee (Onew)


 

Iris’s POV

Buzz...Buzz…Buzzz

7:00 A.M.

I turned off my alarm clock and layed faced down on my pillow.

“Five more minutes please,” I said.

Buzz.. Buzz.. Buzz…

7:45 A.M.

“Ugh.. I said five mor-"

I glanced at the clock.

"AW CRAP! School starts in fifteen minutes.”

I immediately got up and jumped into the shower and brushed my teeth at the same time. I threw random textbooks in my book bag and put on my uniform. I looked back at the clock.

7:52 A.M.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I put on my shoes and began to sprint to school.

My afro probably looks like a hot mess but whatever I have to get to school on time.

“Gates are closing in 10, 9, 8….” The gate guard said.

Run faster!

3, 2..”

I managed to slip my way through the gates.

Whew! Now I’m never waking up late ever again.

I made it on time for homeroom and walked to my seat. Key turned around.

“What happened to you? Did you run here? Oh and your afro is lopsided. Here’s a mirror. Fix that,” Key said while giving me his blue mirror.

“Gee thanks,” I said.

Yeah my afro was lopsided. Let’s fix this and my clothes.

“All better. Thanks for the mirror,” I sad giving Key his mirror back.

After this I basically daydreamed my through the next four classes and lunch until it was time for music. Once the bell rang, we got up and walked downstairs to the music room.

“So today we’re going to sing this song called Imagine by John Lennon,” the music teacher said.

Aww yesss a classic.

A smile grew on my face.

“Ohhh, isn’t that in English?” one of our classmates asked.

“Yes, it is. Maybe Iris can help us with the pronunciation?” the music teacher asked looking in my direction.

“Umm yeah sure,” I said.

“Is Mi Rae here? We need someone to play the piano,” the music teacher asked.

“No, she’s not here,” Taemin said.

“I can play the piano. Anyways I know this song by heart. It’s a classic,” I offered.

“Really? That’s great. Do you want to sing it for us?” the music teacher.

“Uhhhhh..” I looked around at the students. Jonghyun gave me a reassuring nod.

“I guess,” I said.

I took a breath and began to play.

 

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say 
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say 
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

 

After I was done, I heard my class clapping for me.

“Wow, that was great, Iris. You should join the talent show that’s coming up soon,” the music teacher said.

“There’s going to be a talent show?” Jonghyun asked.

“I was going to tell you guys at the end of class, but I’ll tell you now. There’s going to be a school wide talent show in three months and you can do anything from singing, dancing, poetry, or doing magic tricks. The winner’s prize is a $500,” the music teacher said.

Everyone instantly started talking to each other to figure out how they’re going to win the competition.

“Hey Taemin, maybe you can do a dance solo,” Minho said.

“Hmm I don’t know, hyung. I’m going to think about it,” Taemin replied.

“Well you should. You have skills and Iris, you should totally sing in the competition. You have a high chance of winning,” Onew added on.

“I don’t know. If I do decide to sing, I would like to do a duet. I don’t want to be on stage alone,” I replied.

“I’ll sing with you,” Onew and Jonghyun said at the same time.

Huh.. weird

“You guys sure do like to say the same things at the same time,” I said while I laughed.

They both looked and glared at each other.

“Is everything okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, everything is fine. But, I would really like to do a duet with you,” Onew said.

“Well I’d have to hear you sing first. I don’t want you embarrassing me on stage, hahaha,” I jokingly said.

“Okay then. Meet me here after school,” Onew said.

“Alright,” I replied.

Onew stuck his tongue at Jonghyun and Jonghyun scoffed.

"You guys are stupid," I said while laughing.

Ring Ring

It was time for our two final classes before school was over.

“Ughh it’s math time,” Key groaned.

“I feel the same way, Key Oppa,” I replied.

 

- 2  Hours Later –

 

Yes, school’s over. Now I gotta meet Onew downstairs. I wonder if he can sing well….

 

Onew’s POV

I quickly slipped out of the classroom after the final bell rang so I can prepare myself because this is the first time that Iris had heard me sing…

This is so nerve racking… >.<

I pulled out one of my sheet music. I’m in the middle of competing it but I think its good enough to sing for Iris. But she doesn’t know it’s about her….. well not yet anyways. I heard a small knock at the door and I turned around and saw Iris.

“I looked for you in the classroom but I saw that you were already gone,” Iris said while laughing.

“Yeah, well I had to prepare myself so I can prove how I am an oh so amazing singer,” I said.

“Haha, oh really huh? Go ahead. Let me hear your “oh so amazing” skills,” I said with finger quotation marks.

“Brace yourself,” I said with a smile.

 

I’m entranced by your long, straight hair

I feel dizzy when you pass me by

Whenever that happens

I want to call out your pretty name

Like this

 

Sometimes when you’re sad

I don’t know your feelings

During then, I kiss you

I kiss your small hand

If it makes you feel better

I would do it several times

 

Call me, my name

Today is exactly your day

I’ll do anything for you

I want to give you a small gift

That only I can give to you

I’ll run to you now and confess

 

“Wow, I take what I said back. You have a great soft voice. Now officially you can be my partner. By the way, that’s a really good song. Did you write it?” Iris asked.

“Yeah I did…. For someone,” I said.

“It sounds like it. Who is it? WAIT! Let me guess…. Is it Park Kyung Mi? She has really nice long hair.. wait no that’s Kim Ah Min.. Kim Ah Min? Is it her?” Iris eagerly asked.

Babo. It’s about you. I only wrote long straight hair so you wouldn’t know it was about you. Really if I said your nice, curly afro, you would have instantly known and I would have blushed to death. Anyways I know you don’t like me back…. Just yet.

“No… it’s a secret,” I replied.

“You can trust me with secrets, “ Iris said while elbowing me.

“I know I can, but not this one,” I said while laughing.

“Fine, but I’ll figure it out sooner or later,” Iris said.

Yes you will.

 


A/N

You guys said update quickly and so I did... It's also becuase I'm momentarily trying to avoid doing homework... blahh

 

Onee moreee thingggg (lol Jackie Chan Adventures reference), i know some of you have watched it and some may not... there was a show called ChitChat with Beautiful Ladies,(these women are from different continents, including Africa *gasp*) and Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew were on it and they asked which beautiful lady caught their attention and Onew said....

 

 

Comment and I'll love you forever (oh wait i already do.. teehee..but stll comment though) :3 lol