Final.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

Iris’s POV

 

Mia and I were backstage in the dressing room and she was helping me get ready for the talent show.

Okay, right now I’m hella nervous. This is going to be my first time performing on a stage and me being myself isn’t making it any better… Darn you Onew! This surprise better be good.

 “Iris, stop moving!” Mia yelled.

“Huh?” I replied.

“You keep on fidgeting. You’re messing up the makeup. I guess you’re nervous, huh?” Mia asked.

“Beyond nervous… ,” I trailed off.

“Welcome to our first Talent show here at Shinhwa High. Please help me welcome the first performer, Yoon Mi Ha, onto the stage,” I heard the announcer say from the stage and the crowd started to cheer.

“Oh my goodness, it’s starting,” I exclaimed and slammed my head down on the table.

“Anyways, you’re not first and when you do go, you’ll do great,” Mia said patting my back.

I lifted my head off the table and looked up at her.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, you know me. I tell it like I see it. Iris Naya Arcadia, you’re gonna kick ,” Mia laughed.

“Thanks, I feel a little bit better. Have you seen Onew?” I asked looking around.

“Yeah, I saw him earlier. He went to go get changed. Him and the guys are going to help with Key and Taemin’s dance,” Mia replied.

“Hmmm, I have never seen Onew dance before. This will be interesting,” I said.

“Next up, Kim Ki Bum and Lee Taemin are going to dance to ‘Doing It Well’,” the announcer said.

“Let’s go watch it,” Mia said and grabbed my hand and walked out into the audience, near the stage.

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my goodness, I knew they could dance but they are amazing…

The music changed to Run It and Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew ran onto the stage.

Wow, it’s been a long time since I heard that song.. lol

“Ooh there’s my boo…… and your’s too… MINHO OPPA,” Mia screamed.

“Boo?” I laughed and began screaming for Onew.

All of a sudden, Jonghyun was the only one on the stage with a microphone.

“Girl you feel right, make me feel like, I wanna do a little something, ain’t no thing to let you do it for sure,” Jonghyun sang.

Onew comes onto the stage with a microphone and begins to sing.

“Girl the way that you wearing them jeans is ,” Onew sang and winked in my direction.

Oh really? *insert y smile*

The rest of the guys got back on stage and began to dance some more till the end of the song. They bowed and walked off the stage.

“Let’s go congratulate them,” I said and we ran off to the back stage area.

We saw them wiping their heads off with a towel and giving each other high fives.

“Guys, you did great!” I exclaimed.

“Thanks, it turned out better than I thought it would be,” Key said.

While the guys and Mia began to talk more about the performance, Onew pulled me to the side.

“So did you like part one of the surprise?” Onew said while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Yes, I didn’t know you could dance,” I said.

“With choreography and lots of practice? Yes. But Nomally, on the dance floor? No,” Onew laughed.

“So it is it true that the way I’m wearing my jeans is turning you on?” I teased.

“You do not know how much it does,” Onew replied and kissed me until we were interrupted.

“Sorry to ruin your moment, but Iris-sshi you’re up in five minutes,” the stage coordinator said.

“Okay,” I said and turned back to Onew, with a wave of fear flash through me.

“You got this and I’ll be right there in the front, cheering you on,” Onew said while caressing my cheek.

“Okay, I got this,” I said to myself and turned around to walk to the curtain.

“IRIS, HWAITING!” the guys and Mia yelled.

“Hwaiting!” I laughed and said back. I began to hear an applause and Kang Yong Jun, one the guys from our grade, walked off the stage.

“Okay, so our next performer is Iris Arcadia, and she will be singing, ‘Halo’ by Beyoncé,” the announcer said and I walked on the stage with a microphone.

 

 

 

I started off a little bit shaky, but when I looked at Onew, all of my fears when away and I began to fully enjoy the song.

Once I was done, the crowd went wild. I bowed and blew a kiss to Onew and walked off the stage.

“OH MY GOSH, IRIS! That was beyond amazing. I told you, you were going to kill it” Mia yelled and hugged me.

“Iris, you sounded.. DAEBAK!” Taemin and Jonghyun yelled.

“Hahaha, thanks. It felt amazing. I feel so pumped now,” I replied.

Onew ran up to me and hugged me.

“… You’re…….suffocating…….me,” I muffled out.

“Oh I’m so sorry. IRIS! I’m so proud of you. You sounded amazing,”  Onew said and hugged me again.

“Thanks, it was all because of you,” I replied with a smile.

“Me? How?”

“Well one, you inspired me to sing this song and two, when I thought I was going to pass out, hahaha, I looked at you and got the courage to sing. Thanks,” I said.

“That’s the most beautiful thing I ever heard, while besides your voice of course. I love you,” Onew said.

“I love you too,” I replied with a smile.

“Onew, you’re up,” the stage coordinator yelled in our direction.

“Okay, Iris, here’s part two of my surprise,” Onew said and began to drag me on stage with him.

“What. Are. You. Doing?” I said struggling against his grip.

“Sit here,” he pulled a stool towards me and made me sit on it. I felt my cheeks burning up as people were looking at us.

With his microphone in his hand, he began to sing.

 

 

 

While he was singing, I couldn’t help but to fall in love with him even more than I did.

Forever more…yes forever more

When he finished, I sprang up from the stool and hugged him. The crowd began to applause.

“I love you so much right now,” I mouthed to him.

“I know,” Onew mouthed back and laughed and I hit him on his chest and we walked off the stage, hand in hand.

“Now it’s time for the judges to figure out a winner. We will be back in five minutes,” the announcer said

“Look at the lovebirds,” Mia awed.

“Onew hyung, that was great,” Minho said and patted Onew on the shoulder.

“So who do you think is going to win? I think you guys would,” Taemin said.

“We could too, our dance was great,” Key said and Taemin nodded in agreement.

“I could care less right now, this has been one of the best nights of my life,” I spoke up.

We sat down and ate some snacks until the announcer came back onto the stage.

“The winner of Shinhwa High’s first talent show is……… Iris Arcadia,” the announcer yelled.

Ah whaa?

I stood there in shock. Onew and Mia began to shake me and push me on to stage. I slowly walked over to the announcer and he handed me a trophy and the microphone.

“Did I just win?” Everybody began to laugh.

“Ummm.. I really don’t know what to say right now. I want to thank my friends, Mia and the SHINee crew and my wonderful boyfriend, Onew. Thank you so much,” I said and bowed and walked off the stage. I walked over to Taemin and Key.

“Hey you guys deserve this more than I do, anyways I already have a trophy over here,” I said gesturing over to Onew and handed the trophy to Key.

“Are you serious? Thank you Iris,” Taemin said and hugged me, until I heard a cough from behind. I turned around and saw Onew.

“Hahaha, calm down,” I laughed.

“I am calm… I was thinking we should have a celebration and get some cake,” Onew said.

“Sounds like a plan to me,” I said and we all agreed.

I looked up and saw Jonghyun glancing over at Ji Min, talking with her friends. I walked over to him.

“You should invite her to come with us,” I said nudging Jonghyun.

“Should I? She looks busy,” Jonghyun replied.

“No, she doesn’t. Go,” I said and pushed him towards her.

He began to talk to her, while scratching the back of his head and then she began to nod and smile.

See? She wants to go!

They walked back towards the group.

“Ji Min’s coming with us,” Jonghyun said, while rubbing his arm.

“Okay, the more the merrier,” Onew said and we all began to walk towards the bakery.

“I wanna big piece,” Taemin yelled out and ran in front of us.

“No you won’t! Too much cake is bad for you,” Key nagged and ran off after him.

We all laughed. Onew and I walked hand in hand with Mia and Minho walking a little bit behind us, doing the same. Next to us was Jonghyun and Ji Min and they were quietly talking to each other.

“It’s such a beautiful night out,” Onew said.

“I know it is… Never in a million years, would I have thought I would be here, right now, with the best friends and a fantastic boyfriend,” I said.

“I feel the same exact way,” Onew said looking down at me. I stared into his eyes and he caressed my cheek.

“Lee Jin Ki, you’re mine forever,” I said leaned forward and kissed him.

There’s nowhere else where I’d rather be, than here with you.

“And I don’t have a problem with that,” Onew said and laughed.

 


A/N

Musician, I updated!! lololol

Sorry I was gone, I just finished my first year of college... WOOT WOOT!

Oh my cheese whiz, my first story is over...

I hoped everyone loved as much as I did..I love you guys! Your comments made my day and inspired me to write chapters!

Shout Out to my first commenter AND subcriber: BriaNoelle

If you didn't comment and subcribe, I wouldn't have continued to write this story.

Inserting my last Onew gif and pressing the complete button:

 


My Other Stories - PLEASE COMMENTAND SUBCRIBE (If you do, I will love you forever lol)

Gallery

Wait..What Did You Just  Say?