One.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

Iris’s POV

“School just started and Ms. Bran gave us a test. This lady had lost her mind,” Mia said as we walked through the crowds of people in Manhattan. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure I failed that one… scratch that everyone did. Even Logan had no clue what the test was about.” I said.

“That’s sad. Even Logan didn’t know and that kid is smaaaaaaartt.” We walked up the steps into our apartment complex building and into the elevator. “Oh my goodness, I almost forgot, I gotta call you later because I heard that Derek likes me. Me. ME!” Mia squealed.

Ding. The elevator door opened. According to Mia, Derek is THE hottest guy she has laid eyes on. He’s good looking I guess… she’d kill me if she heard me say that. He’s the most popular guy in school and always has girls hanging off of him. I put my key in the door and opened up the apartment to see my daddy.

“Daddy? Why are you here? It’s almost three o’clock. Shouldn’t you be at work right now?” “Yes, I should…but I have something to tell you. I got”CHICKEN! Yes, I’m starving...” Daddy begins to laugh.

“Not only that, I got a promotion to the LG main headquarters.”

”That’s great, so I guess you can make it rain now? Haha wait I thought you were already working that the LG main headquarters.”

“The one I currently work at is a branch of the main one, which is in South Korea....” Oh hell no. This man is not trying to tell me that we are going to move to a new country. The other side of the earth. Away from Mia.” "...and were leaving next week.”

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no. Daddy, really?! Really?!?! I know this is good news but we’re going to move to a new country with like two black people and we have to learn a whole new language, by next week?”

“I know this is sudden, this is a really good opportunity for me and we can finally get out of New York”

“But, I love it here, Mia’s here, you’re here, Mr. Sam who sells hot dogs down the street’s here..”

“I get it but I have no choice because I already accepted the offer.” Ughhhhhhhh no whyyyyyy “Okay, How about you can go to Korea and ill stay and live with Mia’s family?”

“No.” “Why?!?” “Because I want you with me and we promised that it would always be the ‘Iris and Daddy’ show” The man has a point there. “Here’s a box and go start packing.”

I groaned loudly and began to complain and mumble under my breath. I took the box and walked into my room, and then the phone began to ring. “Mia, I’m moving to Korea.”

“WHAT?! .....Where’s Korea?”

"Korea is in Asia, Mia. Yeah I know, Daddy got a promotion to the main headquarters of his company and that means that we have to move to Korea."

"This can't be possible. We've never been sepearated. When are you leaving?" Mia asked.

I quietly answered, "Next week?"

" NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Nope you're not going. That's too soon. You have to stay. You can stay with us, you're like another daughter to my parents. They love you, " she retorted.

"Yeah, I know. That's what I said too, but Daddy and I promised to each other that we'd stay together and that means going to Korea."

 "Iris, you are not leaving me here to suffer senior year by myself. This is the year that we were looking forward too. PROM!"

I let out a long sigh. "No matter what, I won't miss prom. I'll try to convince Daddy to let me come back and visit."

"Iris, you better not be on that phone!" Daddy yelled. 

"No, I'm not!" I yelled back. "Mia, I gotta go. I have to start packing some of my stuff now."

"Ugghhhh, I refuse to believe its true..okay I'll talk to you later," and she hung up. I let out a grown and look around my room. I see all of my stuff that has accumulated my whole life. Pictures of me and my friends, plushies, my song books, trophies. Now I have to find somewhere to start packing.

This is ridiculous. By next week, I will be in Korea. T-T


A/N So... what do you think? Should I make the chapter length longer or not? It seems short to me.. hmmmmm..