Twenty Four.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

Onew’s POV

I pressed the button to the elevator.

“I never meant this to happen,” Jonghyun said.

Really? If you didn’t try to mess up our relationship, we wouldn’t be here right now…. I’m glad that she finally woke up. Hopefully she’ll be willing to see me.

Ding.

The elevator door opened and I walked inside. Now at the second floor, the doors opened once more and I walked towards Iris’s room.

Room 225.

This is it.

I lifted my hand and knocked slightly against the door. No one answered so I cracked the door opened to find Iris sleeping peacefully.  I walked forward and sat down on the chair next to her. A tear rolled down my face.

Iris… I wished this never happened to you.

I grabbed her hand and slowly it. Moments later, her eyes flickered open.

“Iris? Are you okay? How are you feeling?” I quickly bombarded her with questions.

“W-Who are you?” Iris softly asked.

What?

“Iris… it’s me, Onew.”

“Onew? I don’t know anyone of that name. Daddy? Mia?” She yelled as she took her hand out of mine.

“Iris? Stop playing games. Are you doing this because you’re mad at me? Jonghyun was lying.” I insisted and grabbed her hand. The heart rate monitor began to beep faster because of our contact.

She felt something…

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re scaring me. Get away from me! DADDY! MIA!” Iris screamed.

“No, no, Iris calm down.”

Suddenly, a nurse, her father, Mia, and Minho rushed into the room. Her father, the nurse, and Mia went to calm Iris down and Minho took me outside.

“What’s going on? Why doesn’t she remember me?” I immediately asked.

“Hyung,” Minho paused and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“..she lost her memory. She doesn’t remember us. She only remembers coming to Korea and nothing else. I’m so sorry.”

I broke down. I slid down the down and crouched down and cried.

“She doesn’t remember us.”

Those words repeated over and over in my head. Mia came out of the room and crouched down and hugged me.

“…she doesn’t remember me. She looked terrified when she saw me,” I mumbled.

“You frightened her. Give it time. The doctor said it’s only temporary,” Mia said.

“Can I see her?”

“Not today. Come back tomorrow. I’ll come with you so she won’t be frightened again,” Mia said with a small smile.

 

The Next Day

 

Mia and I are standing in front of Iris’s room. I decided to by some white flowers, the same ones that I bought for our first date.

“Are you ready?” Mia asked.

“Yeah. Hopefully this won’t go as bad as it did yesterday,” I said.

“I hope so too,” Mia said and then knocked on the door.

“Yeah I’m here,” I heard Iris say.

Mia cracked the door open and walked inside and I followed right behind her.

“Hey Iris! How’re you feeling?” Mia asked.

“What is he doing here?” Iris asked, ignoring Mia’s question.

Mia took a deep breath.

“Iris, this is Onew…. Your boyfriend.”

“My –what?” Iris laughed. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Yes you do. After you moved here to Korea, we fell for each other and you became my girlfriend,” I spoke up.

Iris nodded and had a puzzled look on her face.

“Oh, okay…. I’m sorry for the way I acted last night,” Iris said.

“No it’s fine. Oh these flowers are for you,” I said and handed her the flowers.

Iris had a smile on her face and accepted the flowers.

“Thank you…… these flowers remind me of something, but I don’t know of what,” Iris mumbled as she sniffed them.

Mia and I looked at each other with grins on our faces.

We’re making progress.

“Hold up! Daddy let you date me?” Iris asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah he did,” I replied.

“Wow, you must be some kind of guy,” Iris chuckled. “So, boyfriend, what should I know about you?”

“Umm well my real name is Lee Jinki, but everyone calls me Onew. We’re in the same class. I sing and play the piano and you’ve been my girlfriend for almost two months.”

“Hmmm…okay. It’s a shame that I don’t remember any of this.”

“It is…but I’ll do my best to make your memory come back,” I replied. 


A/N

Hello, I'm back!

I am sooooooooooo sorry I went MIA. Dont' hate me. It was school, ruining my life >.<

I'm so glad that you guys didn't send me hate messages and unsubscribe... I heart you guys!

I'm on spring break now, so Ill try to update as much as I can.

OH I hope you guys saw Shinee's teasers!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH i CAN'T WAIT!

As soon as I saw thier pics, especially Onew's, I went crazy. I went along the lines of this:

 

 

XDD 

Comment!