Three.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

Iris POV

Guess who found their bag at the wrong baggage claim and half hour later? THIS happy camper. =.=

Finally we left the airport towards Seoul to get to the new apartment. On our drive there, I looked out the window to take in the scenery.

Being in New York for practically my whole life, seeing mountains in the far distance and crop fields, being tended to by farmers, this added to the overall unfamiliarity of being in a new place, let alone South Korea.

The taxi stopped in front of a huge building that seemed like an apartment complex.

“Uhhh…. here,” the taxi driver said while gesturing towards the address written on the paper and the building.

“Oh, ok, thank you.. umm kamsahamnida,” Daddy replied.

Daddy paid the man and we took our suitcases outside of the trunk. I took a moment to stretch and take note of our surroundings.

“Wow, this place looks pretty big….” I trailed off.

Looking up at the apartment complex, it seemed like it was at least fifteen floors high. We walked into the lobby towards the elevator. Once in the elevator, Daddy pushes the button; 15.

Hmm looks like I was rightDing. The elevator opened and we dragged our suitcases out.

“What number is the apartment?” I questioned.

“Umm its 1523.”

We walked down a long corridor and turned right at the corner and found our apartment door.

Daddy, where’s the key?”

“I wasn’t given one. But they gave me a set of numbers”

“WHAT?.. What are we going to do with a bunch of numbers.. there’s no place to input numbers.”

There was a little black box attached under the handle of the door. I started to press it to see if anything would happen.

Whooosh. The front of the box slid up, showing a small keypad.

“OOooOOOooOoOOh,” Daddy and I said in awe.

They fancy, huh? This is soo high tech.

Daddy entered the numbers, 467251, and we heard a sound that indicated that the door was open. We walked inside and took off our shoes.

Wooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. This house is NICEEE. They sure hooked Daddy up. This house is 10 times better than the one we had in New York, but it could never replace it.

 

I immediately dropped by bag and suitcase.

“I CALL THE BIGGEST ROOM!” I yelled. I made a dash for the rooms. Both were equally amazing and huge, but I picked the one with a wall as a mirror. How cool is that? This day is actually getting a lot better from where it started.

 

After that we settled in and put our clothes away. In the back of my closet, I found a school uniform, with an emblem on the blazer that had Shinhwa High, written on it. Daddy popped his head in my room.

“Hey are you hungry? I decided to order some pizza. Is that ok?”

“Yeah its fine.” Daddy left and I took another look at the emblem.

Shinhwa High… why does that sound familiar?

Oh, wait that’s where Ms. Choi teaches. Maybe I’ll get her as a teacher – “IRIS, PIZZA’S HERE!”

As we began to eat our pizza, Daddy began to talk. “Honey, tomorrow morning you will start at your new school. I think the uniform should be in your room.”

“Yeah, I saw it. Do I have to wear that? That skirt seems pretty short.”

“Shinhwa High has a pretty strict dress code. Of course you have to wear it. Why would they give it to you if you didn’t,” Daddy replied.

I sighed and shoved a slice of pizza in my mouth. “Okay, I’ll wear it. So what time do you go to work now?”

“About the same time I did when I was back in New York – at 6 a.m. Just make sure that you wake up on time because school starts around 8.”

“Okay, That’s not that bad.”

After we ate we went back into our rooms to finish setting up. Once I was done, I decided to give Mia a call to tell her that we arrived in Korea.

Ring… Ring… Ring….

“Hello?” Mia sounded like she was half asleep.

“Mia, WAKE UPPP! Its Iris. I made it in Korea.”

“How can I wake up? Its 4 in the morning….Iris? Oh my goodness… Give me a minute….. Okay. So how is it?”

“Well once I got here, my suitcase was lost but we found it eventually. Girl, lemme tell you, our new apartment is niceeee. Like expensive looking nice. Like the ones you see in those real estate magazines that cost a bagillion dollars.”

“That’s nice. So when do you start school?”

“Tomorrow. It starts around 8, so it gives me enough time to get ready.”

Mia loudly yawned.

“Hahaha, Im sorry I interrupted your sleep. Ill call you later when we’re both awake.” I said

“Oh it’s fine… Okay.. Knock ‘em dead at school tomorrow!”

“Thanks,” and we hung up.

I got up and stretched and collapsed on my bed.

Hopefully school won’t be y tomorrow and I won’t be the only foreigner there.

The next thing I knew my alarm clock woke up me up around 6:30 the next morning.

Ughhhhh school blahh.

 I forced myself up, took a shower, and put on my uniform. I walked out of my room and checked to see if Daddy was still here.

“Daddy? Daddy?”

No reply. I walked into the kitchen and saw a little sticky note on the counter.

Iris, honey, today is your first day at school. I know you’ll do great. Good luck! ^_^

I laughed to myself. Thanks Daddy. I grabbed an apple off the table, took my bookbag and went out the door.

So apparently, Shinhwa High is a 20 minute walk from the apartment. I began walking alongside a busy street towards the school. I noticed other students with the same uniform.

So I guess I am walking in the right direction.

Twenty minutes later, I arrived at Shinhwa High. As I walked through the gates, I already noticed some students whispering to each other, staring at me.

I should start get used to all this unwanted attention from other people.

I decided to ignore them and walk into the school building. Somehow, I managed to find my into the main office and it seemed like they were surprised to see me.

“Ummm… I’m the new student.. from New York.” I said shyly to the lady at the desk, who seemed to be staring at me.

“.. Ah yes… - ”

“Iris?”

I turned around and saw Ms. Choi.

“Hi, Ms. Choi. Today is my first day here.”

“I know. You’re in my homeroom class. Follow me.”

Little did I know that the whole time a boy was watching me from around the corner.

 

Onew POV

“EVERYONE THERE'S A NEW STUDENT AND SHE’S A FOREIGNER… A BLACK PERSON.” Taemin yelled, while running down the hallway.

Everyone in the classroom started to talk to each other, wondering what she looked like.

“A foreigner, let alone a black girl, to attend this school… interesting,” Minho said.

“Maybe she can help me with my English,” Key said.

“Another girl to seduce… hehe,” Jonghyun chimed in.

Onew, Minho, and Key gave Jonghyun a look.

“What?!?!”

“What do you think Onew hyung? “ Minho asked.

I don’t know what to think… I guess we’ll find out when we meet her.


A/N 

Long chapter, eh?

You guys don't know how much it means to me that someone, somewhere, is actually reading this story. I thought it was going to be a flop, but i guess its not :) Ok so, I have to go back to school on Sunday, so Ill try to update atleast once a week.. most likely around Wed/Thurs.. yeahhh..... c:

Question: Am I the only one who is tired of the ten billion trailers of Kai, from the new SM group EXO? I know there are more members who haven't been introduced yet and Kai just got another one... smh ok now I'm done.. teehee