Morning call

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Juhyun stirred to the sound of light snores and found herself rubbing her face against what seemed to be a really hard but warm pillow. She cuddled against it as she smiled, her hands tightening their grip on the pillow and nestling beneath the warmth of Seulgi’s hands against her own-

Wait. Seulgi’s hands?

The dark haired girl shrieked and pulled away to cover almost immediately after to shut herself up, worried that she might have woken up the sleeping figure beside her. Her head was hurting a little and as she swung her legs to sit up by the side of the bed, she felt the cold wind of the air-conditioner against her bare legs and shivered a little.

She felt more exposed than usual, to have slept without her shorts.
She didn’t recall sleeping without her shorts. It wasn’t a habit of hers.

Just how much did she drink last night?

All she recalled was how she had been so immersed with downing the glasses of dessert wine because she was enjoying it a little too much. The rest that had happened felt like a blur to her. Lifting her arm to rub her temples, she felt the long sleeves of her oversized top slide down to her elbows. An unfamiliar scent that musk the shirt she was wearing made Juhyun wonder when she had changed her fabric softener to an overload of citrus.

No wait- it wasn’t her oversized shirt. It definitely didn’t smell like her. It definitely also wasn’t her style to buy shirts with a huge face of a cartoon bear slapped on the middle.

It must have been Seulgi’s shirt.

Juhyun concluded but shot her eyes wide open when she realized what that meant.

Seulgi could only yelp in pain as she tumbled onto the floor from the bed, a result of Juhyun’s forceful kick from the other side. The poor monolid who could barely keep her eyes open from her rude awakening, frowned in annoyance as she grimaced and yelled at her perpetrator. Just what did she do to have deserved such a wake up call.

“OW! Bloody hell, Juhyun! What the hell was that for?”

Juhyun’s jaw dropped at Seulgi’s lack of basic formalities and sudden outburst.
It was outrageous to the older girl how Seulgi could still be so arrogant when she was the one who had invaded her privacy in the first place.

“Y-you! How dare you raise your voice at me! And w-who said you could call me by my Korean name! And without honorifics even!”

The shorter girl was now pointing a threatening finger at her student, her hand shaking from her condition and also from her annoyance with the younger’s rude retort.

“Why wouldn’t I! You gave me a hard time last night with your drunken antics, I made sure we got back here safe and now you thank me by kicking me off the bed early in the morning! And you were the one who insisted I call you Juhyun last night! You kicked me really hard, it hurts a lot! Am I supposed to smile and be polite and say ‘thank you sunbaenim’!?”

Juhyun’s patience was wearing thin with her pupil as the latter’s words continued to be laced with venom. She grit her teeth and took a sharp intake of breath. Then she gripped onto the shirt she was wearing and pointed to it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter