Start of something new

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi tried really hard to concentrate on slicing into her crepes. Occasionally she would take quick furtive glances up, only to quickly look back down onto her plate because Irene was just blatantly staring at her, a smirk plastered on her face which made the younger girl blush.

Irene was clearly enjoying herself teasing the younger girl.

Why wouldn’t she, after what happened in the morning?

Seulgi was having a hard time trying to avoid eye contact.
Of course she would.

The younger girl cussed at herself for being so careless. How could she have forgotten that they shared a bed? She had already realized that it was Irene’s chest she was leaning against, but she just had to fall asleep against it again anyway.

What’s worse was how she had slept so well that she shamelessly rubbed her face into Irene’s chest and mistook it for a pillow and it wasn’t until Irene had cleared that Seulgi snapped wide awake, red tinting her cheeks, and her tongue tied.

Seulgi had then looked up cautiously and found Irene raising an eyebrow at her and she immediately noticed their positions and panicked.

She was clinging onto Irene like a koala.

Irene could only giggle at how flustered the young bear-looking girl was while the latter realized and stumbled off the bed, barely picking herself up to bow apologetically before falling back on her again. Seulgi was extremely embarrassed at how silly she must have looked to Irene; all forms of composure non-existent.

What did not help was how Irene kept teasing her about it.

“You sure slept comfortably just now.”
Irene smiled, stirring her tea and taking a sip.

Seulgi almost choked on her spit.
She really did sleep well though.

“The crepes are not that thick.. You’re almost cutting into your plate already, Seulbear.”

Irene giggled, as the ditzy looking bear looked up and realized her crepes have already been sliced really neatly and her table knife already scratching against porcelain. Seulgi could just die of embarrassment right there and then.

Wait.

Seulbear?
Since when did Irene give her nicknames?

“Sorry..”
Seulgi could only mumble and frown.

Why was she so flustered about it?

Things like that could happen especially when you’re sharing a bed with someone. What was even more surprising was how throughout the whole time, Irene did not push her away even when she woke up first.

“Wh-Why didn’t you push me away?” Seulgi cleared .

“Hmm?”
Irene looked up.

“I mean why didn’t you push me away when you realized I was..erm..”

“Rubbing your face in my bosom?”

Seulgi choked for real on the crepe she was eating and took a gulp of her warm tea.

Irene chuckled and leaned forward to reach for Seulgi’s teacup and Seulgi  unintentionally took a whiff of Irene’s fragrance of lavender and vanilla.

“You were sleeping so soundly. I didn’t want to wake you up. Besides you barely caught any shut eye the previous night on the flight, didn’t you? ”

As Irene lifted the teapot, Seulgi barely noticed for a split second that Irene’s hands were trembling, but before she could say anything, Irene smiled and placed the cup back on Seulgi’s side of the table.

It was something odd to Seulgi since Irene had been known to have extremely steady hands and that was how she got her title of being a walking ruler and compass in one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter