Eiffel Tower

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi could swear to the highest of the heavens her legs were going to die.

She had been adequately athletic back in high school due to the curriculum requirements but being in an art college, she had lesser time to spend sleeping, much less build up her stamina.

700 odd steps was what the brochure stated but it felt like 7000.

Why were they here again?
Oh, because Irene-sunbaenim had insisted that they have dinner in the Eiffel Tower. Something about it being  some fine dining restaurant and Seulgi went with it since Irene announced that she would be paying. It’s not every day that Seulgi got to experience fine dining and someone paying for that experience at that. Her art materials already cost a bomb. Thankfully her school bills were paid through her scholarship.

She was barely able to catch her breath when they finally reached the 2nd floor while it seemed like it was nothing to Irene as the art diva grasped Seulgi’s arm to drag the poor girl through another walking distance towards the restaurant.

Even while she was seated, Seulgi could still feel her legs trembling from their “impromptu extreme workout”, and wondered if it was worth it to have gone through such turmoil for what could possibly be just for a tiny piece of meat on a huge plate.

Why couldn’t they have taken the bloody lift instead?

Because a particular dark haired sunbae had insisted that they would enjoy the view better on the way up with the stairs.

Honestly, Seulgi wanted to do was crash back into their hotel, give her poor overworked feet a good massage and soak them in warm water.

Michelin or not, dinner didn’t so much matter anymore to the worn out bear.

Irene’s sudden snigger snapped Seulgi out of her reverie.

“Was it really that tiring?”

Seulgi’s expression was unreadable, but she was fighting all thoughts of strangling Irene there and then for such a ridiculous question inside. Irene was paying for the meal, so she let it slide with a forced smile.

“Yes. ”

Her short reply made Irene look up from the menu in her hand and while Seulgi expected some sympathy from the older girl, the latter merely shrugged her shoulders and smirked, looking back on the menu to decide on their course.

“It’s worth the climb, trust me.”

And indeed it was, with Seulgi enjoying every bit of the meal from the start till the end.
In between, Irene would chuckle at the younger girl’s wide-eyed expressions, with the latter exclaiming a few incoherent praises while was full with each course that was served. Irene didn’t really mind the stares and murmurs from neighbouring tables; some recognized her, while others judged Seulgi for behaving like such a bumpkin.

It was entertaining for Irene to watch Seulgi be amazed at the food she was used to.

When they had finally finished their courses, Irene had asked for some dessert wine.
Seulgi didn’t like to drink because she couldn’t hold her liquor well but Irene insis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter