First meeting

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beautiful, perfect things, who doesn't like them?

Seulgi was no exception. She loved art, drawing to be precise because it was therapeutic; a way for her to drown out the screams of an ugly truth she had to face called life. Her artwork in galleries was always flawless, some probably the result of endless nights because she only loved beautiful things and would not settle for second best.

A short one-day Graduation exhibition wouldn't make it any different.

Seulgi was the best in her school anyway.

Her work was always perfect to the detail.

Perfection was a beautiful thing, until Seulgi started cracking, the tiny fragments of the wall she built up so firmly called confidence, crumbling at the harsh words that spewed in her face a minute ago.

"There's nothing great about your work."

Coming from her most sought after inspiration and admiration, it sure hurt pretty badly.

If it had been anyone else who had the audacity to insult her masterpiece like that, Seulgi would have barred them from ever attending her exhibitions in the future but this wasn't just anyone.

It was Irene Bae.

Irene had been a well-acclaimed artist and a notable alumni of their school. Every single detail on her masterpieces contributed to its worth. The curve of her lines, the smooth gradient fade of shadow into the dark canvas, the highlights on the faces she had brought to life with just a white piece of chalk. Even the canvas itself was a variable for Irene.

Magnificent.

Perfect.

And that was just what Seulgi craved to be. Yet all thoughts of being the second best, just irked her so badly.

She was always a step behind Irene.

Maybe ten.

Or a hundred at this juncture.

Seulgi had wanted so badly to impress her idol, her longtime aspiration ever since she picked up drawing in middle school. Irene's popularity amongst the art students were unquestionable. Every one of her exhibitions were jam packed with critics, journalists and it was amazing how right at this moment, she was standing right in front of Seulgi, crushing her heart but reviving it at the same time.

Honestly, who wouldn't go weak if they were starstruck?

Not to mention having one of the most renowned artists of all time scrutinising your work and well, criticising it.

It cut deep into Seulgi's ego, but it made the younger girl want to work even harder.

"Your work lacks empathy; feelings."

Seulgi turned to scrutinise her own drawing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter