Decision

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi fiddled with the namecard between her fingers; the reflection on shiny silver lining that ran across its middle flickering under the dim table lamp.

Irene Bae.

Who would have thought?

Irene's out-of-the blue presence at her graduation exhibition definitely came as a surprise to Seulgi. Her very appearance that day had caused Seulgi insomnia; the younger girl had been contemplating hard about Irene's offer.

Wouldn't it have been one of the best and rarest opportunities for Seulgi? It's evident that Seulgi had an obsession with Irene; the wall of her room filled with multiple of Irene's masterpieces. Irene was also her motivation to excel in art school. Irene was basically everything Seulgi wanted to be. Why was there a need to even contemplate then?

Seulgi apparently had these little egoistic thoughts at the back of her head that tugged her back from the idea of merely accepting Irene's offer to be under her wing of guidance. Their first encounter had been rather, confusing.

Irene insulting her artwork. Irene explaining why her artwork wasn't great. Irene telling her she had the potential. Irene offering Seulgi to take her under her wing.

Was Irene mocking her?

Appearing out of nowhere and dissing her artwork during their first meeting, bruising her ego and then trying to make up for it with her honeyed words and asking her to be her pupil.

Did Seulgi seem that easy of a person to Irene?

Seulgi scoffed. Irene may have been a big shot in the art industry but Seulgi wasn't keen on kickstarting her art career being an extended branch under someone else. That would mean she was second best. She didn't know why Irene would want a protégé being at such a young age herself, but all she saw in Irene's eyes that day was passion and sincerity when she placed her hand onto Seulgi's heart. It baffled Seulgi because she could not tell Irene's exact intentions and it was confusing the younger girl. Was she practising her concept of push and pull with Seulgi's feelings?

Well, there was only one way to find out.

Which explained why she was seated in a neighbourhood café, a cup of warm tea in her hands to battle the recent chilly weather. Across her was the breathtaking artist; the cause of the multiple glances shot their way and whispers of recognition amongst the clusters of tables around them.

"I didn't expect to hear from you so soon. It's only been two days."

Irene chuckled, lips blowing lightly against the rim of her cup; the dark reddish brown liquid rippling under her breath.

"Well I have some questions tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter