The meaning of art

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After months of preparation and after tons of invitations had been sent out to Seulgi and Irene's alma mater, industry professionals and the press — who have been keeping an eye on “the girl who was always with Irene” and were just exploding with excitement when Juhyun’s event coordinating team had contacted them on the upcoming plans for the exhibition — it was the big night of the reveal. Needless to say, Seulgi was a nervous wreck, being someone who hasn’t had her own solo exhibition — the graduation one didn’t count, for she had the comfort of her schoolmates whom she had spent a few years with in school, where it just wasn’t as.. foreign.

The sudden warmth that covered her hands snapped Seulgi out of her reverie and from cracking her knuckles.

“ You doing okay there?”

Dark concerned orbs bore into Seulgi’s own.

“ Yeah I think so, I’m just really nervous. What if they don’t really like it? Wouldn’t I then be kind of tarnishing your reputation as my mentor and —”

“ Hey. You’re more than ready and I trust my judgement. Besides, you were the one who told me that our opinion of ourselves matter the most. So trust in your own abilities. Although I don’t know for sure how it’ll turn out because someone insisted on keeping it a mystery but I have faith in you and I’m excited for it too! ”

“ Unnie, you’re not helping... ”

Seulgi pouted and Juhyun had to resist the urge to kiss the bear-like girl because of the eyes which were following them closely, so she gave Seulgi’s hands a really reassuring squeeze instead.

“ I would kiss all of the nervousness away right now if I could, but trust me, you’ll be fine. You were my protégé after all.”

“ Were?”

“ Tonight’s your big night Seul, it’s about you now and what you’d like to share with the world. Congratulations on your graduation as my protégé.”

Juhyun had decided to be honest about what was going on and it was probably the most difficult thing she would have to do. Even as she held up her glass of wine, her hands trembled a little which caught Seulgi’s sight.

“ I hope you’ll see that having this condition doesn’t make you any less worthy. If you forget, then I’ll remind you. You’re worthy of everything great, Juhyun unnie. You mean the world, even if not others, to me.”

“ Sometimes I wonder if you’re secretly a poet.”

“ What can I say, I’m a hopeless romantic.”

“ Stop flirting with me.”

Juhyun smacked Seulgi’s arm in mock annoyance which earned her a light chuckle from the taller girl.

“ You have such an odd way of expressing reciprocation.”

“ You’re about to give your introductory speech in 10 minutes after I lead the opening so I hope that helped to ease your nervousness a little.”

“ Right..I almost forgot about that.”

“ You’ll be alright, don’t worry okay? And also Seul, I’m really proud of you too.”

Juhyun gave Seulgi a light pat on the shoulder before heading up the makeshift podium where the reporters flocked to, ready with their curiosities.

“ Good evening everyone, I’d like thank you all for coming today. Now most of you might be puzzled and wondering what this exhibition is about and be rest assured that I will ease the curiosities that you may have. As most of you may have known, I have been in this industry for a while now, having received much support from the media and my fellow industry professionals who have been nothing less than supportive of my work which I have truly appreciated. However, there have been some unfortunate circumstances I have had to bear for a while now which I haven’t been able to share with you yet until tonight. I’ve had a hand tremor condition for a while now and unfortunately, it hasn’t been able to recover and has taken what I love the most and my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter