Confession

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Juhyun took a deep breath as she felt Seulgi’s thumb caress the top of her hand.

 

There was just something so sincere in the way Seulgi had said those words which made her feel reassured that she could trust the younger girl.

 

“ I just.. don’t know how I should break this to everyone. I’m worried that the world will see me differently now that I don’t have that same capability I used to have.”

 

The older girl sighed, eyes downcast as she looked at the conte drawing she made and Seulgi knew exactly what Juhyun was referring to.

Although Seulgi may not have been an expert in medicine, she was sure that Juhyun was more than what she sees herself now.

“ It must be really hard for you and I appreciate that you’re sharing this with me. Before all of these, I never would have expected to..you know.. be here, breathing the same air in the same space and less than an arm’s length away from you and having your undivided attention to mentor me. It’s funny thinking about it now. I never thought we’d be sharing a conversation like this, seeing how you were quite snappy and bossy towards me at the start.”

“ What? I wasn-”


The older girl pouted and furrowed her brows and was about to protest when Seulgi halted her with a gentle peck on her lips.

“ BUT - we never know how things will turn out until we go for it. I know it must be scary for you, being well-known in this industry and all and probably having everyone’s eyes on you –– both in a good or bad way. There will be people who will be waiting for a chance to trample on you and exploit your weaknesses –– although I can never understand why anyone would want to do that –– but there will also be people who love you and choose to focus on your strengths instead of your flaws because well, I mean, who doesn’t have flaws right? Wouldn’t the opinions of these people who love you then be of more importance than those who don’t? And even if there was only one person out there who believed in you, wouldn’t that one person’s opinion be more important than anyone else’s? ”
 

“ Are you talking about yourself?”


Juhyun chuckled teasingly.

“ Well.. um yes - and no. I’m referring to you. Your opinion of yourself matters the most. If you count on the world’s opinions to shape your own view of yourself, then wouldn’t there be 12347642758264782592756295 versions of Juhyuns by now?”

They both chuckled and Juhyun rolled her eyes.

“ I don’t think there are that many people in the world, silly teddy.”

“ Yes I know, but you get what I mean. Besides, you picked me out of the 12347642758264782592756295 people out there to mentor. You, the person I admire the most. I would never have expected that at all and if anything, you should really know that means a lot to me.”

“ I guess it’s a good thing I picked you out of the many other people out there. Never thought you’d turn out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter