Chapter 05: My Hyung And I / The Sin Of The Past

You're The Only One

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook took a walk at the school backyard. They became more intimate after being a successful presenters in Mr Jae Suk's previous class. Lizzy asked Ji Hyo to date Jong Kook but she didn't want. She was afraid if Jong Kook didn't like her. Moreover, only Jong Kook who dare to be her friend while they other didn't. It was because of her title, Bad Ji Hyo. She was thankful that there was still a guy who wanted to be her friend. But, recently, her heart told her that she had a special feeling toward that guy. 

"Hey! What are you thinking about? "Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo shocked. She put her hand on her chest. 

"Oops! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you shock! I'm really sorry! "Jong Kook apologized Ji Hyo. He closed his eyes and waited for ji Hyo to beat him but she didn't. He opened his eyes soon after hearing Ji Hyo laughed. 

"Hahahahahaha.... I'm not going to beat you! "Ji Hyo told Jong Kook. She knew the reason why Jong Kook apologized her. Jong Kook's cheeks blushed. He laughed, ashamed of himself. Ji Hyo didn't beat him no more after being declared as her friend. Suddenly, they heard a crying. It caused their laugh stopped. 

"Do you hear it? Let's find out! "Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo. 

"Yeah.. I heard it. It's the sound of a person crying of pain. Oh my! I think I know who is it. My cousin, Baekhyun! Hurry! "Ji Hyo replied. Her voice heard panic. Her eyes began to watery. She confirmed that crying came from Baekhyun. She called out her cousin's name. She was already crying, thinking bad thing might happened to Baekhyun. 

She found Baekhyun at last, being beaten by none other than Chanyeol. She cried out loud. Without thinking twice, she pushed away Chanyeol from Baekhyun. She didn't say nothing but cried, seeing the condition of Baekhyun - fulled with blood. 

Chanyeol, likely being possessed, stood up and moved nearer to Baekhyun. He wanted to beat Baekhyun more. Luckily Jong Kook arrived at the right time. He held Chanyeol. Chanyeol counterattacked but he couldn't as Jong Kook much stronger than him. 

Ji Hyo's cry attracted lot of students. They came to see what had happened. Sehun, Lizzy, Jong Ki, Kwang Soo and Kyungsoo were part of the students. Sehun and Kyungsoo shocked. Sehun rushed to Baekhyun and Ji Hyo. He stared at Baekhyun, disbelief. He then ran to Chanyeol who was being held by Jong Kook. Without thinking twice, he punched Chanyeol for lot of times till Chanyeol became weak, so weak that he couldn't stand on his own feet. 

It was lucky that Jong Ki and Kwang Soo were there. They pulled Sehun away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol might die if they didn't pulled Sehun away. 

Kyungsoo brought Baekhyun to the school clinic, while Lizzy supported Ji Hyo was weak that she couldn't walk by herself. 

"Don't worry Baek, hyung's here. Hyung will be for you forever! "Kyungsoo murmured to Baekhyun. His vision blurred because of tears. 

"Hyung? Soo hyung? Is that you? "Baekhyun asked. He fainted while Kyungsoo carried him to the school clinic. 

...............

TEN YEARS AGO..... 

Baekhyun was crying at his room. He didn't want to go far away from his hyung, Kyungsoo. They were orphan in one of orphanage. They might be same age but for Baekhyun, Kyungsoo was his hyung. Kyungsoo always took care of him. He wouldn't let anyone hurt him. Whatever they had, Kyungsoo would make sure Baekhyun would get first and more than him. 

Baekhyun was going to be adopted by a rich family who happened to not have any child. Baekhyun wanted Kyungsoo to be adopted by that family too but they didn't want. He cried. He didn't want to go if Kyungsoo wouldn't be with him. Kyungsoo came and persuaded Baekhyun. 

"Baek, just go. You will get a better life. I promise. I just want you to be happy, have a complete family, have your own parents even though they are your adopted parents. Go and live a happy life. I'll find you later,"

"Promise? "Baekhyun who was still crying, asked his hyung. Kyungsoo nodded his head quickly and smiled at him. 

They hugged each other before Baekhyun said farewell to his hyung, Kyungsoo. 

Five years later, a rich family came to the same orphanage and adopted Kyungsoo. He was happy that he finally could search Baekhyun. His life was happy, but later changed when his parents being announced bankrupt. His adopted parents started to release their stress by torturing Kyungsoo. He became the victim when they quarrelled. He was being beaten by them. Sometimes, he would being leave alone at home without nothing to eat. 

Later, Kyungsoo being saved by his neighbour when they saw his parents abused him. His parents was arrested by police under the case of child abuse . He then lived with his neighbour in poor condition till he became teenage. Later on, he was transferred to the school where Baekhyun was one of the students. He was thankful when he saw Baekhyun. Sadly, Baekhyun didn't recognize him. 

...............

They arrived at the school clinic. It was lucky as Dr Gary was still there. He was about to go out to have his lunch. He quickly unlocked the door as soon he saw Baekhyun and Ji Hyo. Chanyeol was being brought by Jong Kook arrived a little late. 

Both of them, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were treated by Dr Gary. The rest had to wait at the waiting room. Ji Hyo still cried, worry about her cousin. Kwang Soo and Jong Ki tried their best to calm Ji Hyo. Lizzy called parents of Baekhyun, Ji Hyo and Chanyeol while Jong Kook told Kyungsoo about the incident. Sehun went go and fro. He was worried about Baekhyun. 

Parents of Baekhyun, Ji Hyo and Chanyeol arrived half an hour later. They seemed so worried about their child. Chanyeol's parents kept on apologizing Baekhyun's parents for what Chanyeol had done to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun's parents we're angry but soon forgave Chanyeol after Jong Kook and Kyungsoo told them the truth of the incident. 

The loud atmosphere became silence. Baekhyun's mother stared at Kyungsoo for a long time and it caused Kyungsoo to feel uncomfortable. She came near to Kyungsoo. 

"You're Kyungsoo, right? You're Baekhyun's friend when he was at orphanage. The one who became Baekhyun's brother, am I right? "She asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was shocked. But later on, he nodded his head slowly. Everyone was in great shock! 

"I'm sorry because being the one who separate both of you. It caused Baekhyun to not sleep well. He would call your name every nights in his sleep. My husband and I thought it was normal but later on we became more worry when he kept calling your name. We tried to search for you five years later but they said you were being adopted by other parents. And now you're here, in front of him yet he didn't recognize you. I'm so sorry! "Baekhyun's mother started to cry. She was really sorry for being the cause of separation between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo's eyes began to watery. 

"It's okay. I guess he's already recognize me. He called me hyung before he fainted just now, "Kyungsoo told Baekhyun's mother. 

"I'm so glad that you forgive me and my husband. Now, let wait for the result from the doctor, "Baekhyun's mother said.