Chapter 03: Friend Not Date

You're The Only One

Mr Jae Suk entered into Ji Hyo's class. He didn't bring any book with him and it meant - discussion time. He didn't say anything much as he seemed a little pale, maybe because of too tired. He asked students to divide themselves into groups of two. 

"Students, divide yourself into groups of two. I want all of you to discuss about previous lesson and I'll choose one of the groups to do a presentation at the end of the class. So, make sure you prepare yourself! "

Ji Hyo turned look at Lizzy who sat behind her. She wanted to be Lizzy's partner as usual but Jong Ki seemed a little faster as he already got Lizzy being his partner. Lizzy lifted her head and looked at the blank Ji Hyo. She stuck out her tongue to that girl. Ji Hyo snorted. Bad Ji Hyo appeared. 

Ji Hyo started to search for a new partner but she couldn't find one. She stood up from her seat. 

"Anyone who likes to be my partner? "Ji Hyo yelled out. 

The noise atmosphere in the class changed to quiet with sudden. Every students shut their mouth and looked down on the floor. They we're afraid if being chosen by Ji Hyo. 

"Ji Hyo will be alone today! "Kwang Soo murmured. Unluckily, his murmur could be heard by Ji Hyo. She turned to stare at Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo, on the hand, stood up and apologized to Ji Hyo repeatedly. Ji Hyo said nothing. 

"Ji Hyo, you can partner up with Jong Kook. He's seemed alone, "Mr Jae Suk told Ji Hyo. He felt pity toward Ji Hyo. No one dare to team up with her. She might known as Bad Ji Hyo but she's not that bad at all. 

Ji Hyo listened to Mr Jae Suk. She walked to the back of the class where Jong Kook was. She took a seat in front of that muscular man and smiled. She looked more pretty when she smiled. 

"Are you alone? "Ji Hyo asked. 

"I am, "Jong Kook answered, short. 

"Be my partner? "Ji Hyo asked again. 

"If you don't mind, "Jong Kook replied. He smiled to Ji Hyo. That girl replied the smile. She even gave Jong Kook a high five. 

"Well, do you understand about the previous lesson? "Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo. 

"I am. How about you? "Ji Hyo replied. 

"Me too. If both of us have understand about it, why bother to discuss about it again? I'm tired of learning about the same thing again and again and again! "Jong Kook said. He let out a sigh. 

"Hey! At last! I have a partner with a same behaviour! I have to discuss about it again and again if I partner up with Lizzy. I guess I'll partner up with you next time. No more damn discussion if both of us understand about the lesson! "Ji Hyo told Jong Kook. She seemed so ecstatic while telling Jong Kook. Jong Kook said nothing but laughing. 

"Jong Kook, I'm sorry about the last incident. I didn't mean to pull out your hair. Everyone will.... "

"It's okay! I understand it. No need to apologize. You're not the one to be blamed when I'm part of it too. I need to be more careful next time, "Jong Kook out Ji Hyo who hadn't finish her sentence. 

Ji Hyo thanked Jong Kook for being understandable. Both of them shook their hand - signing that they are friend now. 

"Ji Hyo, I want to ask you something, "Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo. 

"Hmmm.... What it is? "

"Who's Kyungsoo to you? "

"The new transferred student? A friend of my nerd cousin, Baekhyun? "

"Yup! "

"Ouh... He's my brother. Being an only  child is really boring! "Ji Hyo answered. 

"Why? "She asked Jong Kook. That guy just smiled and shook his head. He even let out a relieve sigh. 

"I asked you to discuss about the previous lesson, not to date! "Mr Jae Suk scolded both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. 

Both of them shocked. They were so busy talking to each other that they didn't realize the approaching of Mr Jae Suk. 

"I want both of you do the presentation at front now! "Mr Jae Suk ordered them. 

Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook didn't protest. They walked to the front slowly. 

"What a perfectly perfect couple! "Haha shouted. 

Ji Hyo stared at Haha while Jong Kook just shut his mouth. His face already in red while his lip turned upside. 

"Sorry! Please don't beat me! I'll promise to be your lackey for fortnight if you promise not beating me after this! "Haha apologized Ji Hyo. His face already pale - afraid because Bad Ji Hyo already appeared! 

Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook presented the previous lesson. Other students seemed understand with what both of them talked about. Everyone paid their fully attention to the presenters. Mr Jae Suk even praised them soon after the presentation ended. 

"Yha! Both of you can date now! Haha was right. Both of you are really perfect couple! I can understand well of what had both of you explain about just now. Come and join me this afternoon. I'll treat both of you a set of lunch, "Mr Jae Suk said to Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. 

Other students gave both of them a big applause soon after Mr Jae Suk had done talking. They seemed agree with their teacher. 

"Goddess of Luck has appeared! Bad Ji Hyo has gone! "Lizzy shouted. 

............

Baekhyun was at the class when Sehun came and joined him. He had a loaf of bread with him. 

"Why are you here? Why don't you take your lunch? "Sehun asked Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, shocked and afraid. Shocked of a sudden question and afraid of the one who asked him a question. He hesitated to answer. Wrong answer, he would be beaten! 

"Errr... I'm... Not.... Hun... Hungry at all! "Baekhyun answered. He didn't look at Sehun - afraid! 

"Yha! "Sehun shouted. That shout caused Baekhyun to startle. 

"You have to fill your stomach. Here, have a half of my bread! "Sehun said. He divided his bread into two and passed half of it to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun lifted up his head and stared at Sehun. He did take that half bread but he didn't eat it. 

"I'm not going to beat you if you eat that. I don't put poison in it, by the way! Have you ever been beaten by me? "Sehun said when he saw the hesitate Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun shook his head vigorously. His action caused Sehun to burst into a loud laughter. 

"Hahahahaha... Baekhyun! Let me tell you something. I am Chanyeol's best friend. I am. But it doesn't mean that I'm a bully too. See, I never beat you or force you to do something for me. The reason why I always with Chanyeol when he bullied you is I want to see you. You're cute and I'm already falling in love with you, "Sehun told Baekhyun the truth . He seemed more relax than just now, soon after he told Baekhyun about his feeling toward that guy. 

"Would you like to accept me in your life? "Sehun asked Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun shocked. He didn't say anything. He was afraid that Sehun just fooled him around. He leaved Sehun. The half bread given by that guy, also being leaved. 

Sehun became silent. His heart ached when Baekhyun leaved him without answering his question. His eyes watery.