Chosen

Beethoven

 

 

The next time Kyungsoo opened his eyes he saw an unfamiliar familiar place. This isn't his apartment. His eyes wandered around for a while before his memory returned. He is in Chanyeol's place. Did he fall asleep? What time is it even?
One thing is certain, he is so comfortable and relaxed that he does't even want to move a muscle. After a little yawn escaped his lips he finally looked to the other side, and found himself locked.

Chanyeol's arms were wrapped tightly around his belly from the sides of his waist and he was glued to the giant's lap and chest. Even their legs were intertwined. The two of them have been sleeping on the couch, Chanyeol being the big spoon, and Kyungsoo the little one. A pink color, darker than the roses in the bouquet he brought, creeped onto his cheeks and ears when the senses of the rest of his body woke up.

First of all, why was he so darn comfortable like this?
Second, why is there something sticking against his bum?

That's way too embarrassing to handle. He could even feel Chanyeol's low breaths against the back of his neck. But the giant was still deep asleep.
Would it be more awkward to wake him up now? Or to stay this way until he wakes up by himself? Logically, it is better to just remain like this until he wakes up. Chanyeol is sleeping so deep and well after being so exhausted from the month long trip. Plus, as shy as it made him, Kyungsoo's body was so relaxed and cosy in the role of the little spoon. He should just close his eyes and nap a little longer until the long limbs wrapped around him would be removed.

It was so pleasant and warm.. He felt safe.. Safe and loved.

Kyungsoo tried to let himself fall back asleep but his heartbeat was way too quick and there's no chance he could calm himself enough when he knows the position he's in.
Instead, he started scanning the floor with his eyes, until Toben was detected sipping water sloppily from his bowl near the kitchen. 

"Toben..! Come here boy..!" Kyungsoo whispered out to his direction, and once the pup heard the noise his ears were popped upwards and he started looking around in confusion.
"Toben, here..!"

He watched the pup walk towards the living room cautiously before noticing Kyungsoo's fingers wiggling towards him. Kyungsoo smiled a little when Toben came to his hands and started them with a wagging tail. He wrapped his palms around the curly fluff and pulled him up on the sofa in front of him. At least Toben can keep Kyungsoo busy until his capturing cage will wake up. The two of them played together for quite a while, but at some point Toben got overly excited and began barking a few times. 

"Sshhh, your owner is sleeping--..." Kyungsoo tried to shush him down, but he kept barking out of playfulness.
"....gsoo..." He heard a raspy deep voice right behind his neck and looked down at his own body, noticing Chanyeol's big palms are slowly tightening their grip on him. Is he finally waking up?

The little movements continued for a few moments before the warm exhale of a yawn came behind him. Kyungsoo was sure he is going to be released by now, Chanyeol is definitely waking up. But instead, he felt the touch of warm lips against the back of his neck - which sent a soft shudder up his spine. Chanyeol was.. kissing his neck..?
It happened again, the sensation of Chanyeol's hot breath and mouth on his skin made his toes curl with sensitivity. Is he doing this intentionally? Or is it just part of the awakening process?

Kyungsoo's mind was clouded by too many thoughts and feelings at once to even notice that the giant holding onto him was finally awake.

"Ah.. Kyungsoo-yah..?" Another yawn flew behind him, but Kyungsoo couldn't make a sound. Chanyeol's morning voice was so bad.. Not bad because it sounded unpleasant, bad because it sounded way too good.

Kyungsoo felt Chanyeol's body nearly jumping from the surprise of finding himself wrapped around the smaller one. The long limbs slid off from his body and their legs were free from the knot. That was when Kyungsoo finally activated his muscles and sat up on the couch. 

"Good morning Chanyeolie, did you sleep well? You were really tired and I can't carry you up the stairs to your bed so--"

Chanyeol just began laughing, his hoarse voice echoing in Kyungsoo's head and being carved into his memory.

"I'm sorry I caged you like this.. I have to hug something to fall asleep. Usually a pillow does the trick.. Just so you know, you're a great pillow." Kyungsoo looked at the wide sleepy smile smeared on Chanyeol's face and ended up matching with a smile of his own.
"Thanks.. I guess."
"Good morning Kyungsoo.. Ah.. I'm still so happy from yesterday I don't know what to do.." Chanyeol closed his eyes in the smile and covered his face with his palms, slightly rubbing over his eyes while doing so.
"I had fun too Chanyeolie." Kyungsoo replied, looking at one of the balloons that were hung above the couch slowly falling down right on Chanyeol's head. He jumped and looked around, trying to find the source of the touch, but the balloon fell behind him and disappeared from sight. Kyungsoo let out a short chuckle and stood up, stretching his arms in every direction before turning towards Chanyeol again.
Chanyeol is just so.. Long. His arms and legs are taking most of the length of his body. With a perfect body comes the perfect mind.. Heart too. He thought to himself.

The two finally woke up properly and washed their faces, along with brushing their teeth of course, with a toothbrush Chanyeol let Kyungsoo borrow for today. Since Kyungsoo finished first he began cleaning up the decorations from the celebration. Folding down the sign, letting all the balloons fall to the floor for Toben to play with, and making sure that the two identical bouquets they got for each other had enough water.

---

Kyungsoo told Chanyeol about the fact he was meeting up with CBX to practice his singing skill, and that Jongdae started a process for him to be auditioned into their company. He should have done it yesterday. Because the issue of the decision was solved with a simple phone call from Chanyeol to Jongdae. 
He clearly chose Chanyeol. His still now and forever favourite artist. Jongdae didn't sound surprised during the call, and everything came to proper terms without any complications.

Ah, Kyungsoo was a fool. Why did he make such a big thing out of this simple situation?
Chanyeol wasn't upset at all, in fact he looked proud and satisfied that Kyungsoo has been doing it while he wasn't around. Jongdae, Baekhyun and Minseok are trustworthy friends to him and he knew that if Kyungsoo was in their care, he will be treated well. The relief Kyungsoo felt was incredible. He was worried about possibly hurting Chanyeol, but when the phonecall with Jongdae ended, all he saw was a smile.

"So you're with me now! I'll take good care of you, Kyungsoo-yah. I promise." Chanyeol cheered and rubbed the back of Kyungsoo's head with his big palm.
"Good, otherwise I will call Jongdae again." Kyungsoo teased only to recieve a snicker in return.
"Actually, Chanyeolie.. My graduation ceremony is in about a week from today." He suddenly remembered.
"Ooh that's amazing! I will definitely be coming, I will call my manager to make sure I'm available."
"I was thinking.. Maybe you want to perform there?"

Chanyeol blinked quietly for a while, the gears in his head started to spin. He thought for a whie, but then gave Kyungsoo a surprised expression, as if he thought of something.

"Kyungsoo-yah! What if we will perform something together?!"

Now Kyungsoo was the one to blink and have his gears spinning. Can he really do it? Can he perform in front of all the graduating people in the university? It was making him nervous enough to sing only in front of his own best friend. How will he be able to do it in front of hundreds of graduates and families? Won't it cause too much commotion if Chanyeol comes to the university?

"Stop thinking so hard, it will be fine! We should definitely do it! We're going to record and work on Lil' Something anyway. Might as well perform it there, right?"
"I don't think I can sing in front of so many people.. It was hard enough to sing only in front of you, or CBX.." Kyungsoo's anxiety level started rising just from thinking about it.
"We have a week to record it. That's way more time than we need. I'll take care of the equipment and arrangement. All you'll have to do is stand there and sing with me!" Chanyeol's eyes were shining again. His ambition was strong like fire. 

But he has a point. Not only would it be amazing for the graduating students to watch Chanyeol live, but also Kyungsoo himself will gain a tiny bit of experience. If he plans to really work in the music industry in the future he better start somewhere, and it's a good chance to learn and advance. This would most likely break the image of the quiet student that he has among the students. Even though his anxiety was climbing higher, so was his excitement.
Kyungsoo's head lowered as he looked at Toben who was chewing on a bone shaped toy.

"You know what, alright. Let's do it Chanyeol." He turned his head and gave the other the most confident smile he could manage.
Chanyeol looked like he just won the lottery, he rose up to his feet and spreaded his arms upwards with victory fists.
"Woo!! This is so exciting! Let's start right now!"
"Chanyeol, your voice is still hoarse. We should do it when you've recovered from the trip."
"Don't worry about it, it gets gruffy all the time. It's going to be good again tomorrow for sure!"
"I hope so." Kyungsoo replied with a smile up at the excited man child.

When Kyungsoo got back to his own apartment that evening, he called his professor and wished him a happy birthday. He also informed him about the plan Chanyeol suggested. Junmyeon was extremely happy from recieving the birthday wish, and his joy only grew more when he heard about the plan. He encouraged Kyungsoo and promised he would take care of it from the university's side. He also asked if it would be alright to invite Kris to watch. The two of them have seen Kyungsoo sing only during the drunk karaoke night they had together with CBX. Isn't it going to bring too much attention if both Kris and Chanyeol will come to the same place? He couldn't decline though, Kris was important to Junmyeon, and therefore important to him.

So it's really happening. It somehow still felt like a dream to Kyungsoo.

The week passed quicker than Kyungsoo wanted it to. He went to Chanyeol's house almost every day to record and work on their performance together down in the little studio. Thankfully, Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo an extra key to his house so he wouldn't have to wait for the intercome's buzz to enter. The paparazzi were already able to recognize Kyungsoo from the frequent visits and the fact that he appeared in CBX's social media posts several times. Which means he is already known without being known. If he does everything right, with Chanyeol's help he will have a smooth enterance to the musical world in no time. 

Chanyeol informed him that his audition to the company is scheduled to a day after his graduation. At first Kyungsoo was a little disappointed, because he was planning to visit his family from that day until the weekend. But he could travel home after the audition, so it's still alright. CBX have already heard about the news and spammed Kyungsoo with congratulating messages. He was starting to appear on different idols related sites and magazines thanks to being seen around Chanyeol's house a lot and CBX's social media. He knows about it only because Minseok kept sending him every piece of information he saw related to him. It was pretty amusing, especially because none of the writers and publishers even knew his name.

And here it comes, tomorrow is the big day. Kyungsoo's first live performance and graduation day.