CBX

Beethoven

 

 

"Stop making these weird whines..."
"I can't! I'm so nervous! I'm sure I prepared everything... 
Mugs, check. 
Treats, check. 
Cake, check. 
Toben's fence to the stairs, Check."
"You're missing one thing Chanyeol."
"Wha--! What is it?"
"Your sanity."
"Aiishh Kyungsoo-yahhh I wish you were here as well... I used the cake recipe that you gave m--"
"I know, you told me."
"... Ahhh really I'm going insane--! Kyungsoo-yah, if I will ask you to come over when they are here, will you?"
"... No."
"Yahh!"

Kyungsoo really had a hard time holding back his laughter. This has to be one of the funniest phonecalls he has ever had in his life. Chanyeol's cartoon-ish reactions to everything were really hilarious even only through the phone. Kyungsoo had a clear image in his mind of the face Chanyeol must be making right now.
Kyungsoo heard a chirping sound coming from the other side of the line. It must be Chanyeol's doorbell ringing. That means the trio have arrived to his house. Kyungsoo had to cover his mouth with his hand to hold back the giggles after he heard Chanyeol's loud gasp at the realization.

"You can do it, Chanyeolie, fighting!" He cheered his friend with a smile.
"Fighting..!" Chanyeol whispered back and the call ended.

It has been quite some time since Kyungsoo visited Chanyeol's studio. While he was busy with his project Chanyeol was going around the industry, participating in different variety shows and of course - calling Kyungsoo after every appearance to hear the comments of his number one fan. Kyungsoo made quite a decent progress on his project, and due to his mood being constantly positive he found himself humming or singing countless times while doing other things.

According to Chanyeol, the CBX trio are coming over to his house today. When he first told Kyungsoo about it, Kyungsoo did a little research about the group. He already knew they were very talented, and he enjoyed their popping music. The trio is made out of three friends. Their stage names are Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin, but their real names are Kim Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun and Kim Minseok. Their fansite also said that the two Kim members of the trio started their career as a duo in China in the same company as Kris Wu, but since they are both Korean they were moved back and added the third member Baekhyun. They are no longer part of the same company as Kris Wu, but it seems that they remained in good contact with him.

So to get it straight in Kyungsoo's head:
- Chanyeol is a friend of the CBX trio
- The CBX trio are friends with Kris Wu
- Kris Wu is apperantly dating his professor Junmyeon
- Junmyeon lives right across from Chanyeol's house
And the cherry on top is that all of them know each other and somehow he is also involved because of Chanyeol and Junmyeon. What a small world.

About two hours have passed since their conversation on the phone ended, and Kyungsoo was making really good progress. This time he didn't have any music playing in the background, and submerged himself into the subject to fully concentrate and speed up the work. It is now the last week of April and more than half of his project was already written and proof-checked to the dot. If he pushes on like this he would be done before May even ends, which would leave him with many free days to relax. Maybe even go visit his family.

Thinking about the chance to visit his family started distracting him away from the wave of concentration. He wasn't exactly attached to his family, they weren't too close. He wouldn't be heart broken if he won't be able to see them. He loves his family very much but as he grew up he also grew less attached to them. That's a normal process that every adult goes through, right? Sometimes he'd miss his mother's cooking. When that happens, he would call her and ask for the exact recipe to make the meal for himself.
A beep was heard from under one of the opened books.

[ Park Chanyeol: Kyungsoo-yahhhh.. They are killing meeeee.. ]

Ah, it was a message. Kyungsoo sighed, sliding his fingers under his glasses and gently rubbing his eyes before looking back at the screen. 

  -[ Sent: They are your guests, treat them well. ]
[ Park Chanyeol: Please save meeeeeeee.. ]
[ Park Chanyeol: And Toben, me and Toben. ]

Chanyeol is such a child. Kyungsoo placed the phone down and stretched his arms up in the air. It's time to consider his options again. 
If he doesn't go to Chanyeol's place to "save him" he will continue recieving whiny texts from here on until the end of the day. But if he puts his phone aside he'll be able to continue working.
If he does go to Chanyeol's place, he will "save" Chanyeol from possibly something very silly. He would meet the famous CBX trio face to face. He would be able to see Toben again too. But.. If he goes to Chanyeol's place while the three of them are there he would definitely attract the paparazzi's attention.

Yet at the same time he could always cover his head with the coat to hide like last time, and he could definitely use a little break from his thesis. 

Chanyeol told him that Jongdae, Baekhyun and Minseok are coming, but he never told Kyungsoo the reason for their visit. It could be something related to their work, since Chanyeol's career has grown a lot more than when he met him. But Chanyeol was their friend before they even started as a trio, which means it could be something completely unrelated to music. If that's the case then Kyungsoo wouldn't have this much trouble deciding. It would just be too awkward to be in their presence if all they do is talk about work. 
Though from Chanyeol's desparate texts it seems that the subject really is unrelated to their careers. He raised his phone again and looked at his fingers deciding for him.

  -[ Sent: Fine, I'll be there in 30. ]

Kyungsoo stood up and started getting ready to leave. It was still fairly cold outside even when the sun was out, so using the coat as a hiding shell from the paparazzi when he gets to Chanyeol's place would be possible. While changing into clothes that look more normal than the pajamas he has been sitting in all day, Kyungsoo started wondering if his professor is somehow affected by the fact that there are paparazzi right in front of his house as well. Even though Kyungsoo saw Kris Wu right in front of Junmyeon's gate, it was at an hour where the photographers weren't there. There must be some of them that follow Kris Wu around Korea too. Are they trying to keep their relationship a secret?

Kyungsoo was out and ready. The sun of the early afternoon was shining down at the wet pavement in his path and he enjoyed the quietness that the little cold breeze graced the street with. It would make sense that relationships are kept secret. It can hurt the celebrity if their status is exposed. Not only normal dating scandals, but special ones too. If a word would go out that Kris Wu is dating a man it could demolish his entire career.
All of a sudden Kyungsoo realized he is the only witness of their displays of affection, which puts him in an important position that neither of the participants are aware of. Ah.. How did he get into all of this.

He just got to the street and there are already twice as many cars parking around and even a few big trucks with different antennas. The amount of photographers was insane.. All of them are just sitting outside in the cold and waiting for one of the four famous young men to step out. Kyungsoo couldn't imagine himself living a life like this. Not only does he not have his own place yet, except for the tiny rented apartment, but he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure all alone. 

At first Kyungsoo walked quietly between the people waiting, looking down at the ground, he slowly pulled up the coat's hoodie over his face, avoiding eye contact with anybody. The closer he got to the house itself the more attention the paparazzi started giving him. There were more of them than the last time he came over.. They were also a lot more aggressive. He had to squeeze his way through the men while they all had their cameras directed right at him. He nearly lost his glasses because of the crowd rushing at him uncomfortably.

Finally-- He's at the gate. He tried to pull the handle but it wouldn't budge. He was nervous enough, and now this gate doesn't open either?! The paparazzi behind him started pulling out microphones and shoving them at him, shouting questions about Chanyeol, about how is he connected to him and such. At least that's what Kyungsoo could understand from all the chaos. His heart rate increased and he felt like if it lasts even one second more he will just start sprinting away from all of this. He really isn't built to handle such experiences on his own.

"Yahh! Are you Kyungsoo?" He suddenly heard an unfamiliar voice from the intercome attached to the gate. 
"W-wha-- Yes! Chanyeol-ah?!" He replied while being squeezed against the gate mercilessly. Could the person on the other side of the line even hear him through all this havock?

A buzz was heard from the intercome and Kyungsoo's arm was finally able to push the handle down. He pulled himself into the garden, breathing heavily and with glasses that are twisted sideways. Kyungsoo lowered his upper body and held his hands on his knees, letting out a sigh of relief. He's free from these noisy paparazzi. When he rose back up towards the house he saw a red-dyed hair man standing and smiling widely with Toben in his arms. 
Kyungsoo stared at him in silence for a while, slowly fixing his coat and placing his glasses correctly on his nose. Ah, that man looks familiar.. is it..?

"I'm Byun Baekhyun! Nice to meet you Do Kyungsoo! Are you going to stay outside, or?" Toben let out a small bark before wagging his tail and raising it's head up, Baekhyun's chin.

---

"Ahhh! So this is Do Kyungsoo that Channie couldn't shut up about!" 
"I.. ah.. Yes..?" Kyungsoo looked at the man sitting on the couch with his legs crossed. His hair was bleached into a blonde that looks like a flame and his eyes were big yet sharp. He reminded Kyungsoo of a cat, or a fox. It must be Minseok.
"Bacon, I think you scared him. He looks so shocked." The second man sitting on the couch spoke towards Baekhyun who at that moment was helping Kyungsoo take off his coat after releasing Toben.
"It wasn't me, it was these crazy reporters outside. When I opened the intercome it sounded like a war was going on out there!" Baekhyun protested.

Baekhyun then led Kyungsoo to the living room and gestured him to sit down right between himself and the black haired man that looked like he had a permanent smile on his lips due to the corners curving upwards. It must be Jongdae.

"Heyo~ I'm Minseok, or Xiumin." The flame haired guy said with a friendly smile. Raising his hand a little and making a small peace sign with his fingers. Probably to show that he isn't as threatening as his unique appearance suggests.
"Bacon here didn't scare you right?" The black haired looked at Kyungsoo with worry. Kyungsoo couldn't tell if it was intentional or if his eyebrows were just shaped that way.
"I'm Jongdae - Chen, pleasure to meet you." 

Since he was sitting right next to Kyungsoo, he sent his hand out to him to shake. Kyungsoo obliged and shook his hand, nodding and slightly bowing his head to the both of them. He was still a little shocked from the mayhem he just got through. But after finally settling down his breath Kyungsoo's expression brightened. He tucked his glasses back in their spot and smiled towards the three sitting around him on the couches.

"It's an honour to meet you three, Jongdae, Baekhyun, Minseok. I've recently become a fan thanks to--... ah.. " Kyungsoo began speaking, and by the time he reached the end of the sentence he realized the main reason he is there is not in sight.
"Chanyeol." Baekhyun completed the sentence for him and smiled at Kyungsoo brightly. 
"He will be here soon." It's unclear if this smile is a smug one or an honest one, but either way the three of them looked like aliens.

Aliens might not be the right word for it actually. Kyungsoo thought they were just too stunning to be real. Their colored hairs, their exquisite dressing style and their general vibe were just so breathtaking. Kyungsoo felt like a child meeting his favourite super hero all of a sudden. Celebrities really do give a different feeling. He's just a peasant in a place like this. His only comfort was the fact that Toben recognized him right away and started brushing himself against Kyungsoo's legs. Ah.. Toben, at least I got you. Kyungsoo thought to himself while pulling Toben in his arms.

"So how long have you two known each other? The three of us haven't seen Chanyeol for like two months and when we finally get together - all he talks about is you." Baekhyun asked, crossing his legs and resting against the couch sideways, one arm resting on top of the back cushion and his eyes are watching Toben's attempts to Kyungsoo's chin.
"Not for long, hmmm. A little over a mont-- he talks about me..?" He began answering, but realized the second half of the question a little late.
"He showed you his studio too! Even we aren't allowed in there." Jongdae added, bringing the conversation back on track with a slight pout.
"Ah.. I guess."

Minseok who was sitting quietly with his legs crossed, took the mug from the coffee table and held it in his hands before taking a sip. Kyungsoo looked at the table. The other three mugs were empty, but there was a smell of coffee in the air, so it's safe to assume Chanyeol made coffee for the guests.

"You're a student right? Which university do you attend? Chanyeol started talking about your professor before his urgent leave." Minseok said before placing the mug back on the table.

How much exactly did Chanyeol tell them about him?! Why would he even talk about him to three famous stars?! Kyungsoo's pinky twitched before he let out a small sigh and nodded in defeat. They probably know more about him than he was ever willing to share. He should just be honest to get it over with. As weird as this situation is, for some reason he didn't feel any awkwardness. Maybe it's because the three of them are overflowing with confidence, so his own nerdy vibe doesn't even have a chance to be noticed.

"My professor is Kim Junmyeon. He is great. He works hard but other professors always doubt him because he is young." Kyungsoo answered calmly. 

It seems like the answer startled the three as they all exchanged glances between each other after hearing the name. Minseok was a little shocked, but Jongdae and Baekhyun had a wide smile across their lips.
All eyes turned towards the staircase when steps started echoing down to the living room.

"...Ahh.. I really shouldn't have eaten that hamburger earlier. Was definitely not worth it.. Next time we should go to a proper restauran---" Chanyeol stopped at the very last step, he looked like time just froze for him. Did he only now understand that Kyungsoo was sitting there?

"Kyungsoo-yahhhhh~!!" The giant launched himself from the stairs almost directly onto Kyungsoo's lap where Toben was sitting. Luckily enough he landed without squishing his own puppy to death. Toben jumped up and nearly fell down on the wooden floor from his owner's sudden arrival. Jongdae and Minseok both began laughing full heartedly, their bodies leaning back and forth in sync while they held their own stomachs.

If Kyungsoo wasn't the victim of this sudden attack he would have probably found it amusing as well. But instead he found himself taking the role of a tree to the tight koala-like hold of his tall friend. His glasses yet again were moved out of their proper spot and barely remained on his face sideways. 

"Yah--! Chanyeol-ah!" He called out and tried to push the long limbs off of his body with a pout.
"Kyungsoo-yahh..!" Chanyeol continued whining, but eventually gave in and unhooked himself from Kyungsoo's body, squeezing himself on the couch between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and stretching his arm behind Kyungsoo on the back cushion of the couch.
"You don't need no saving and no nothing." Kyungsoo pestered his friend further and with one hand fixing his glasses, the other poked Chanyeol's side. A pout remaining on his face.
"Saving?" Minseok asked with a raised eyebrow.

Kyungsoo took his phone out of the pocket and showed the last few messages he recieved from Chanyeol to the three of them.

"Hahaha, my bad! It was my fault, I kept teasing him about losing Toben for like 30 minutes earlier. Must be why he sent you these. Or because his stomach was twisting." Baekhyun laughed when he read the messages.
"Yeah.. They brought hamburgers and my stomach didn't like it at all." Chanyeol admitted while Toben's head with his fingers.
"I didn't expect you to actually come though! Haha." He added with an amused yet very bright honest smile towards Kyungsoo.
Kyungsoo sighed again and raised his hand, poking a single finger right between Chanyeol's eyebrows.
"Next time don't exaggerate like this. I nearly got worried."
"I got it, I got it." The giant laughed and stared down at Kyungsoo for a little while. Was it the first time Kyungsoo wore his glasses around him?

---

In the end it turned out that the three came to visit just for pure pleasure. They haven't talked about their work at all. Only about experiences and places they got to travel to thanks to it. They had such a crazy career. Kyungsoo was completely emerged in their stories, so much that he could even understand some of the jokes that the three exchanged between each other. Chanyeol was also happily participating in the conversation whenever he could think of anything to say.

Kyungsoo learned that the three of them are a lot nicer than he expected. He learned that Minseok is a little older than Jongdae and Baekhyun. He learned that Jongdae loves water activities such as wakeboarding, Baekhyun loves playing online games, and Minseok loves coffee. He got to hear the three of them singing together, which was an amazing feeling for him. They were incredible, and by the time they left, all three of them ended up liking him so much that they asked for his number on their own. Really what is it? How can it be that four of the most famous celebrities in the country right now have his number? Kyungsoo still couldn't figure out why he deserves all this.

"So what'd you think of them? They're cool right?" Chanyeol hummed happily and placed the used mugs in the dishwasher before getting back to the living room and falling down right beside Kyungsoo.
"I don't understand why they would want my number.. I'm a nobody. I have no relations to the industry at all, so why?" Kyungsoo was puzzled, really. He will probably never understand it.
"They just liked you! Same as I did. Well, it was under different circumstances, but I liked you first!" Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo with a confident expression.
"Do you think the people outside are gone by now? It was hard to get close when I arrived."
"Most of them followed the Kims and Bacon, so I'm pretty sure it'll be better by now. I'm sorry you had to go through it."
"Don't mind it."

Kyungsoo said in a soft tone. Pulling Toben back on his lap and his back in a steady rythm. The pup was quick asleep. That's when Kyungsoo looked up at the giant sitting next to him. It was too embarrassing to admit, but he kind of missed Chanyeol a little bit since the last time they got together. Chanyeol's presence just filled him with positive energy and determination. Even from this angle Chanyeol looked good.

"Ah, Kyungsoo-yah, I really like your glasses. They look good on you! You should wear them more often. It looks cute." Chanyeol smiled at Kyungsoo with shining eyes. Which indicates that he really means what he says. Kyungsoo can already read all of Chanyeol's facial expressions to determine how he really feels. A soft pink hue crept onto Kyungsoo's cheeks after hearing the compliment.
"Thank you, they're nothing special. It's either these or contacts."
"I see. Well, I like them, and.. Thank you for coming. I was really surprised when I saw you here!"
"I noticed. It's fine, I needed a break from the project anyway."
"You're working hard, fighting!"

Kyungsoo could feel a smile sneaking on his lips when he turned his head back down to look at sleeping Toben on his lap. Kyungsoo really isn't used to being praised. Especially not when it's being said in such a sincere tone, and by a person who seems to be the embodiment of the word 'perfection'.

---

The two spent the evening cooking some simple noodles with chicken for dinner, and another couple of hours in Chanyeol's studio again. Kyungsoo has become a lot more comfortable there, and in general, with Chanyeol. They had their own inside jokes and many fun stories of experiences they shared together. Their friendship was building up in a healthy pace and Kyungsoo enjoyed evey moment of this new addition to his life. He wondered if this bond will always be this stable, because at one point or another, in every creation of true friendship there are obstacles. They haven't fought yet even once. They never hurt each other, or caused any unfixable issues to each other.

"I will call you as soon as I have time, alright? Probably from the hotels and such, so it might be in late hours."
"That's alright for me. Will you be able to survive a whole month without me?" Kyungsoo teased with a tiny smile.
"I don't know." Chanyeol's response was direct and honest. He said it in such a serious tone that Kyungsoo almost felt bad for asking.
"Hey, don't be like this. You're going to have a great time in the fan meetings around asia."
"..Yeah.. The fans are waiting for me. All the tickets were sold."
"So it's going to be just fine."
"Yeah."
".. Chanyeol?"
"Yeah?"
"Stay safe, alright? Otherwise I'll have to go all the way over there to scold you."
"I will." Chanyeol cracked a smile.

Kyungsoo looked up at his tall handsome friend. They were standing quietly outside the house's door and staring at the night sky above the city. It was pretty cold, and the breeze made Chanyeol's curly hair blow a little bit. He always looked so attractive. He looks good when he smiles, when he sings and when he is having fun. But this is the first time Kyungsoo saw how stunning Chanyeol can be even when he is serious. He's going to miss Chanyeol for sure. If he missed him for the few days they haven't seen each other until today then a whole month would be much harder. His face lowered to the ground.

"I will see you again soon. Bye!" 
Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Chanyeol, pulling himself to the giant and hugging him shortly before letting go and rushing to the gate. He stopped there and turned back, waving at Chanyeol while looking like a big black marshmellow in his puffy coat. He then opened the gate, went outside and closed it behind him. It was quiet. It was so quiet and so much colder in an instant. Is this how it feels to say goodbye? Ah, he should stop being so dramatic about it. It'll only be a month. They can do it.

  -[ Sent: I'll be crossing my fingers for you. ]
[ Park Chanyeol: You better! I won't live without it. ]

That night Kyungsoo listened to a different song as his bed time lullaby, but it was nonetheless, a song by his favourite musician - Park Chanyeol's cover of the japanese song "One More Time, One More Chance".