Hug Me

Beethoven

 

 

The pounding in his head became nearly unbearable by the time Kyungsoo finally reached Chanyeol's house. This is odd, there are no paparazzi outside at all. Does that mean Chanyeol isn't there?
Kyungsoo opened the gate with his given keys, and once he unlocked the main door, little Toben ran straight to him. Kyungsoo was still breathing pretty heavily from getting to the house so fast, but seeing Toben gave him immidiate relief.

"Toben..Oh I missed you so much..!" He wrapped his arms around the pup and hugged him tight, recieving all over his face as an answer. It's so good to be back.
"Chanyeol isn't here, right..?" Kyungsoo sighed and put him down before entering to look around the living room. Ah.. the smell of Chanyeol's house is so good. But it's not the time for it.

Kyungsoo has to be quick. He picked the phone out of his pocket and dialed. The other side of the line picked up after one ring.

"Kyungsoo!! Hey!! Wow I'm so glad you're alright.. Where are you? What happened?" Baekhyun's voice sounded happy.
"Baekhyun--"
"Wait, wait, let me put you on speaker, Jongdae and Minseok are here with me."
"Baekhyun I don't have time--"
"HEYY KYUNGSOO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? WE MISSED YOUU!" The three of them began talking all together and it was impossible to understand what they are saying.
"STOP!!" Kyungsoo shouted into the phone, his heart rate increasing when he thinks about the fact that he might be wasting precious time because of this.
"..." They all shut up right away.
"Where is Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo spoke softer again.
"Uh.. I think he is in a fansign or something right now." Jongdae replied.
"But where? I need to get there fast..!"
"Why? What is happening Kyungsoo?" Minseok's tone was concerned.
"Chanyeolie is in danger!" He didn't even care that his voice cracked.

Kyungsoo heard a little bit of background noise coming from the phone but shortly after Baekhyun's voice was heard again.

"He's at ___, we'll speak to the managers, good luck Kyungsoo. Please be safe!"
"Thank you Baekhyun." Kyungsoo thanked him sincerely over the phone and ended the call.

He quickly said goodbye to Toben before leaving Chanyeol's place and running once again. The place is about fifteen minutes away if he would run. That would do, he has to get there as fast as he can. Whoever that fan may be is having all the advantage, not only was she there before Kyungsoo even arrived to Seoul, but in a fansigns the fans are able to communicate with the idols face to face and give them gifts or hold their hands. It would be too dangerous if she is allowed to get this close to Chanyeol!

While running through the streets Kyungsoo felt like his body was falling apart. His legs were hanging onto the very last strength and his lungs were exploding in his chest. If only he could have slept properly while being at home maybe he could even run faster. He should try to contact Chanyeol himself. Maybe somehow his phone is still on him for some reason during the signing. Kyungsoo dialed his number with high hopes, but what he heard didn't surprise him. 

"The number you called is unavailable at the moment, plea--" He hung it up. There's no point leaving a message or texting either if Chanyeol can't see it right away. His last chance is to try and contact Kris again. Wasn't the police supposed to stop and arrest that crazy "fan" at the moment the pictures were gone? It would make sense that she still has her phone, because Kris' men aren't official government workers and do not have the right to take it from her, but why is she still roaming freely? Kyungsoo called Kris this time, it was answered after two rings.

"Hello? Kyungsoo?" It wasn't Kris speaking, it was..
"Professor?" Kyungsoo huffed into the call.
"Hey, I haven't seen you around in a while, are you working out? You sound out of breath."
"Junmyeon-- I need to talk with Kris-- Right now!"
"He is showring at the moment, what is it? I'm sure I can help." It sounded like he was smiling. So he really didn't know anything about the threats.
"Junmyeon, I am sorry but I have to--! Chanyeol is in danger and I need help--!" 

There was silence for a moment, before Kyungsoo heard a door being knocked on, and a water stream stopping. He heard Junmyeon's voice echoing in a room but it was inaudible.

"Kyungsoo, what do you need?" It was Kris now.
"Please save Chanyeol--! He's at a fansign--! The girl is there--!" Kyungsoo barely managed to say between the huffs.
"You're on your way there? I'll get my men. Kyungsoo, be careful." He hung up.

---

When Kyungsoo got to the right location he saw a crowd of fangirls and a bunch of paprazzi gathered outside. How is he supposed to get inside through all of this? Well, he has to find a way. Time is ticking and he doesn't even know how long he has. Kyungsoo ran right into the crowd, and the paparazzi who have been tracking Chanyeol and knew about Kyungsoo's connection with him began surrounding him and actually being helpful by pushing everyone else away.

Kyungsoo was surprised by the path that opened in front of him thanks to the photographers' help and ran right inside. It was easy to find the correct auditorium of the event because there were signs hanging everywhere that directed to it. The door to enter was guarded by a woman who was most likely there just to make sure whoever entered had a ticket. Kyungsoo approached her, still out of breath, but it seems like she recognized him as well, because without neither of them saying a word she moved aside and allowed him to enter. Being known really makes it easy for the celebrities doesn't it.

He pushed the door open a little too violently, and it made a loud noise inside the auditorium. Some of the fans that were seated and waiting for their turn to go to Chanyeol looked at him surprised and began whispering with each other. Kyungsoo felt the sweat running down the back of his neck when he ran towards the stage where the signing table was located. He couldn't even see Chanyeol from behind the bunch of fangirls that were in the line on stage. Kyungsoo gulped nervously and ran towards the stage, passing into the waiting line. But the fangirls didn't keep quiet about it, they began pushing him away and shouting at him to get to the back of the line. Even the bouncer that allowed only five fans on the stage at a time didn't allow him to pass.

"Please--! You don't understand--!"
"I'm sorry pal, you have to wait in line like the rest."
"But Chanyeol is--!"
"Move, now, or you'll be escorted out."

Kyungsoo felt the blood in his veins boil when he was pushed aside. But this time he was finally able to see Chanyeol on the stage. He was sitting calmly by the table and signing albums from the fans, talking with them and smiling genuinely. Ah.. He really loves his fans. It somewhat made Kyungsoo feel a little better to just see Chanyeol there. 
Was he wrong? Is the threatener not there at all? If that's the case then it will be the best news he'd get today. Everything seemed to be perfectly fine, a little noisy from the screaming fangirls, but fine.

It was all good until the moment he noticed one fan on the stage is looking directly at him with a wide smile. So wide that it appeared twisted even. That fan was holding a small bag with what looked like a gift for Chanyeol and her cellphone in the other hand. Kyungsoo kept looking at her with suspicion and saw that her eyes were directed to the phone.

[ Crazy Blackmailer: He is mine. :) ]

Kyungsoo checked his buzzing phone right away. It can't be..
The girl put her phone inside her pocket, and held the gift bag with both hands, except one hand was inside it. But if she is holding the bag to give it to him.. why is her hand inside of it?
Kyungsoo's heart began racing yet again, his breath was still not fully recovered either, and it was nearly her turn to stand right in front of Chanyeol. It's her, it's definitely her. None of the other fans paid attention to him at all after he was pushed aside, but she is giving him the creeps by staring right into his eyes with such a scary expression, and he just saw that she was the one who texted him this whole time. Oh no.. It is her turn now.. What can he do?

Ten thousand possibilities of actions popped altogether in Kyungsoo's head, he couldn't make sense out of any of them. It felt like time was slowing down when he watched how the girl is standing in front of Chanyeol, smiling at him oh so innocently as he signs her album.

No.. No, NO!

Her hand was sliding outside of the bag she carried, and Kyungsoo saw a metalic shine coming from the object that she was holding in her palm. Chanyeol was busy singing, he didn't look towards her, he wouldn't be able to move if she attacks him!

"CHANYEOL!!" Kyungsoo shouted from the top of his aching lungs before pulling himself on the stage and rushing to the girl. 

It felt like everything happened in slow motion. He saw Chanyeol's head raising up to find the source of the familiar voice that shouted at him, he saw the girl's arm pulling back to gain more force before it began extanding right towards Chanyeol's neck. The sharp object, that Kyungsoo could now identify as an actual knife, was moving closer and closer to Chanyeol.

Is it the end?

 

 

 

---

The knife barely scraped the surface of Chanyeol's skin before Kyungsoo's body managed to knock the girl down on the floor sideways. The knife flew out of her palm and slid over the slippery stage right next to a big cardboard sign of a commercial. Everyone in the auditorium were stunned before some girls began screaming and running away from the stage. The bouncer quickly ran close and blocked Chanyeol from approaching closer to the two of them.

All that crazy blackmailer did was lay there underneath Kyungsoo in surprise. She gave him a deadly glance before screaming and shouting as if he was attacking her. Kyungsoo's body was aching so badly, everything was painful. His legs, arms, lungs, heart and head. He was dizzy and weak, but he wouldn't let this girl move until he knows Chanyeol is safe.

Only a few moments later the door of the auditorium blasted open and a whole squad of police officers ran inside and up on the stage. Two of them removed Kyungsoo from the girl, and two others grabbed the girl tightly by the arms and dragged her outside. She was screaming and struggling to free herself. She shouted curses and more threats in Kyungsoo's direction before disappearing behind the door.

The two cops who held Kyungsoo let him go right away. One of them directed Kyungsoo to the back of the stage and the other took out a plastic bag and sealed the girl's weapon inside it. Kyungsoo recieved a quick physical check from the cop before the officer thanked him and left. The area became quiet while the rest of the fangirls were told to reform the line for the event to continue. All of Chanyeol's staffs and workers who already heard about Kyungsoo from Chanyeol himself and the management, gave him some water and let him rest in the dressing room until Chanyeol's job is done.

He did it.. Kyungsoo made it in time.. Chanyeol is safe now.

[ Byun Baekhyun: Did you find him? Is everything alright? ]
  -[ Sent: Yes. It's over. ]
[ Byun Baekhyun: Woooooo! ]
--
[ Kim Jongdae: Baekhyun said you did it !! Welcome back Kyungsoo :3 ]
--
[ Kim Minseok: Waah, I'm relieved. I'm glad everything is alright. ]
[ Kim Minseok: Next time we meet you have to tell us the whole story. ]
--
[ Kris Wu: I was told you got there right on time. I apologize I haven't put heavier protection in the fansign. ]
  -[ Sent: You're the last one that needs to apologize.. Thank you Kris. ]

---

"Kyungsoo-yah..!" A voice woke him up from the nap he unconsciously fell into on the couch in the dressing room.
"Chanyeolie...?" Was his mumbled response before he felt warmth wrapping around him. 

Ah.. It smelled so good.. Like wild flowers and honey. The scent his brain memorized so well. Kyungsoo didn't even need to open his eyes to understand what is happening. Chanyeol's arms were around him, his back slowly. He felt weight resting on his shoulder and knew it was Chanyeol's head. Without a second to waste Kyungsoo let himself adjust the position so he was leaning against the other's body.

"I missed you so much Kyungsoo.. I honestly did.. Ah.. Kyungsoo-yah.." Chanyeol spoke so softly and emotionally, Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he is going to cry. But he finally opened his eyes.
"I'm sorry Chanyeolie.." He mumbled before the tears started gathering in his eyes uncontrollably. He felt himself choke a little on the urge to cry before giving in and hiding his face into Chanyeol's chest. 
"Ssh.. It isn't your fault. It's all okay now."

Kyungsoo cried. He cried for quite a long time all the while Chanyeol was holding him protectively and his back with affection. It was the first time Kyungsoo cried like this in years. These tears didn't appear out of sadness, they rushed out because of happiness and relief. Because of everything that Kyungsoo had to bottle in this entire time to stay strong and keep Chanyeol safe. 

On their way back Chanyeol explained that since he knew Kyungsoo was safe enough to read the messages he sent him, he allowed himself to take care of Kyungsoo's apartment in secret. He emptied it out of content, selling everything, and finished Kyungsoo's deal with the landlord. At first Kyungsoo wasn't sure what to do, since he has no place to stay in anymore, and not enough money for a hotel on such a short notice. The smile on Chanyeol's face made him realize that the solution to that is clear. 
Kyungsoo only stayed in Chanyeol's place overnight once, and the two of them were sleeping on the sofa. But something told him Chanyeol probably has better plans.

When they arrived at Chanyeol's house Toben greeted the two of them with excitement. It was already evening. Kyungsoo suggested he'd cook something for them since he is being hosted, but Chanyeol didn't let him move a muscle around the house, except for tying the apron for him. Chanyeol cooked them a simple light meal and didn't even allow Kyungsoo to clean the dishes afterwards. Kyungsoo felt like some sort of royal spawn being treated like this. 

Kyungsoo showered in the bathroom connected to Chanyeol's bedroom, and after wearing the pajamas that Chanyeol let him borrow, the giant didn't let him set a step on the ground anymore. He leaned down and wrapped his long limbs behind Kyungsoo, pulling him up in the air like a princess and bringing him to Chanyeol's own luxurious double bed. At first Kyungsoo protested, he can't possibly sleep in Chanyeol's bed and make him sleep somewhere else. He will be just fine on the couch as well. He really wanted to refuse, but when he saw Chanyeol sliding his shirt off before entering the bathroom his words were swallowed.

He was so tired, but he knows he can't sleep without listening to Chanyeol's music. How embarrassing would it be if Chanyeol saw him listening to his music now.. So Kyungsoo just waited for Chanyeol to be done.
The giant entered the bedroom wearing only the bottom half of his pajamas, and smiled widely before diving into bed. The two of them were lying in front of each other on their sides. Kyungsoo noticed that Chanyeol's eyes were glistening with happiness. His big palm made its way onto Kyungsoo's cheek and jaw. He could feel his thumb gently over his skin.

"Kyungsoo.. I will take care of you. Just stay by me, deal?" Kyungsoo thought he is going to melt. Chanyeol's voice was so gentle and deep. He smiled a little, knowing that Chanyeol is most likely able to see the pink on his cheeks.
"Deal."
"Kyungsoo.. We will find a way and we will be safe, alright?"
"Yeah."
"Kyungsoo.."
"Yeah?"

Chanyeol leaned in closer to him, his hands slowly sliding over Kyungsoo's sides and behind his back. He felt himself being pulled towards Chanyeol, and even though his heart beat was getting faster, and his shyness was still very much present, he didn't try to stop it. He didn't move away. He didn't push Chanyeol off. All Kyungsoo did was look at Chanyeol's face from up close, his eyes wandering over every little detail he could see in the darkness. 

Chanyeol closed his eyes and pressed his lips against Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo followed along automatically and felt his eyelids closing shut. They kissed once. They kissed twice, and thrice, and it only kept going on and on. Each kiss was slow, soft and warm. Each kiss was filled with so much love. Each kiss was a silent promise between the two of them. Kyungsoo felt himself soothe down and relax into the mattress. Chanyeol's arm pulled the blanket above their intertwined bodies. 

"I love you."

---

It's been long since the incident. Kyungsoo succeeded his audition into the company, and Chanyeol began helping him work on his first piece right away. It was a great success that captured millions of hearts all over the country.
The two have advanced and joined forces, labeling themselves as a duo. They released their first album named "Beethoven" that topped all of the music charts, and appeared together in endless variety shows. They've had several collaboration stages with CBX, and even preformed with Kris in china for a special festival.

Their relationship has grown stronger and developed into proper domesticity. When they took their first vacation together Chanyeol ordered a special gift for Kyungsoo and himself -matching soundwave rings. They don't wear it out often to avoid attracting too much attention and suspicion. It felt like they were a real family with Toben, they don't need any papers or ceremonies to know that nothing will tear them apart anymore.

Every night the two relax together. They always have things to talk about. They never get bored. Chanyeol's bedroom has been upgraded with a new closet filled with Kyungsoo's clothes, that most if not all, were brought to him by the giant himself. 
Tonight is their first anniversary together but they had a longest most tiresome day, so they decided to cancel the celebration plans and just head to bed.

"Your Chanyeolie missed you today.."
"Mmh.. Just because I changed your contact name on my phone to 'My Chanyeolie' doesn't mean you need to talk in third person.."
"Your Chanyeolie is so happy he can't help it." 
"Yah.. Stop it.." Kyungsoo mumbled sleepily, but ended up chuckling when Chanyeol's arms pulled him against his body.
"Happy anniversary, Kyungsoo." His voice is deep and soothing.

Chanyeol placed soft kisses all over Kyungsoo's face while they were cuddling together in bed. On his nose, forehead, cheeks, chin and a few warm ones on the lips before a familiar hum began playing in Kyungsoo's ears while he was drifting away into dreams. The only thing that could put Kyungsoo to sleep.

It was Chanyeol singing his own cover of "Hug Me".

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading my first story ever! 
I had so much fun writing it. I hope you enjoyed it just as I did.

Please let me know how you felt and what you think of it ♡