Lil' Something

Beethoven

 

 

Kyungsoo's eyes opened exactly an hour after his alarm clock's destined time. Normally he would have cursed at himself for being late. But he has nothing to be late for. It's still morning and he has plenty of time to prepare for his best friend's return. After stretching lazily under the blanket, he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

So it's been a month since he last meet Chanyeol. A lot had happened. His life began to shift in a direction he never imagined he'd be able to turn to. Is it thanks to Chanyeol? Or Thanks to Chanyeol's absence?
At least he knows what to expect. Last night they didn't have a video call, but the night before that they did. Kyungsoo could notice the changes in Chanyeol's appearance. His hair seemed to have been redyed and restyled. It wasn't as curly anymore but just left to look natural in brown. It fit Chanyeol. Any hairstyle would fit Chanyeol. 

While thinking about how soft Chanyeol's hair must feel to the touch, Kyungsoo made his way to the kitchen and began cooking. He decided he'd make a simple traditional meal - bean paste soup with meat and some korean fish pancakes. It's a dish he knows how to make thanks to his mother.
The soup was cooking and the fish were frying on the pan when Kyungsoo heard a beep coming from his phone. He gently wiped his hands in the towel and picked it up.

[ Kim Jongdae: Kyungsoooo! Will you be coming over today? Minseok and I want to try a new restaurant after the session - if we have one. ]
  -[ Sent: Sorry Jongdae, and Minseok, I will be busy today. ]
  -[ Sent: Enjoy at the restaurant and tell me how it was. ]
[ Kim Jongdae: Gotcha :3 ]
[ Kim Jongdae: -A picture message of the two sitting close together and sipping on the straws of their bought ice coffees- ]
  -[ Sent: Nice picture. Minseok's hair looks good. ]
--
[ Kim Minseok: Hahaha, thank you Kyungsoooo! ]
[ Kim Minseok: If you grow your hair you could have the same style. ]
  -[ Sent: I'm fine with my hairstyle, thank you. ]
[ Kim Minseok: HAHA. Whatever floats your boat my friend. ]

Kyungsoo smiled to himself. This trio is really something. He felt so lucky that he is able to maintain a friendship with such amazing people. He really isn't the type of person to make friends easily, so every friend that he gains is important on their own.
Ah, the pancakes! The sound of the sizzling oil behind him on the gas reminded him to pay attention. He quickly placed the phone down and turned back to the pan. He was relieved to see that they weren't burnt after he turned them over with the cooking chopsticks.

When he was done with the cooking the hour was already five in the afternoon. Wow, the time really flies when he does something he enjoys doing. Kyungsoo certainly loves cooking. He packed the soup pot in a cloth bag after wrapping it with towels, and placed the little plastic box with fish pancakes on top of it. Alright, so part one of the preparation is over. It's time to move on.

Part two took the fastest, since it was only to take a shower and get dressed. When he got out of the bathroom the smell of his own cooking finally hit him. Whoa.. It smells really good. Chanyeol would definitely like it. Kyungsoo was thankful to himself for putting out the clothes beforehand. Otherwise the rest of his time would be spent standing in front of his own closet with a blank mind and trying to create an outfit that would most likely end up being too weird. He dressed up and gave himself an examination in the mirror. Oh, right, the glasses. After grabbing them from the cabinet and putting them on his look was complete. 

A simple sweater made from very soft royal blue colored fabric. Black jeans that are folded upwards at the edge, to make sure Kyungsoo doesn't step on any excess length. Black&White striped socks that go up to his ankles, and his only pair of shoes that actually have a color - yellow all star sneakers.
He went out with the bag and a great mood. Now it's time for step three. Kyungsoo entered a little gift shop down the road and bought a few little decorations. A packet of balloons, a sign that says "Welcome Home!" and a small bouquet of pink and yellow roses that was recommended by the shop owner. While walking towards Chanyeol's house he kept glancing at the bouquet. It was as cheerful and colorful as Chanyeol himself. That shop owner really knew what she was doing. Kyungsoo knows that Chanyeol has quite the sweet tooth, and stopped at a little ice-cream parlor to get some delicious flavours.

It was good planning on Kyungsoo's side, because the street of Chanyeol's house was empty. All the paparazzi are either at the airport waiting for him to land, or will arrive only after hearing that he landed already. Good, he doesn't need to hide under any coat. When he got to the gate, a small press on the intercome button was enough to let the petsitter know that it's him. When he got inside the house he was greeted by an extremely hyper and happy Toben.
Aww! Toben is just so cute. He saw him only last week when he came to visit the house to make sure everything is alright, yet the pup was more excited than ever to see him. Maybe Toben knew that Chanyeol will be coming back as well. 

The petsitter left shortly after, leaving Kyungsoo and Toben alone in Chanyeol's house. The place smells so fresh and clean. Like wild flowers and honey - Just like Chanyeol himself. Kyungsoo smiled to himself with confidence and rolled up his sleeves to begin working.
After putting the ice-cream in the freezer he blew up every single balloon in the pack, and had to take a 10 minutes break after for his dizziness to end. He never knew balloons are this difficult to blow since he never needed to do it before.
After sticking the balloons in various spots of the house with sellotape, he unfolded the sign and hung it right above the couch in the living room. That way it will be visible right when Chanyeol walks through the door.
Good thing Kyungsoo cooked in Chanyeol's kitchen before, he knew exactly what to do to heat up the soup and pancakes. He prepared the cutleries on the coffee table in the living room instead of the dining table. Chanyeol would probably be tired, so it's better if he'd sit comfortably. 

It's all done, the food is ready to be reheated, the decorations are up, Toben is as happy as ever, and the bouquet in Kyungsoo's hands really fit with the positive vibe the house is now giving out.
Kyungsoo heard the street becoming busier outside. Many cars suddenly parked around and people began running towards the house. That could only mean one thing. Chanyeol is here.

---

He got up quickly, causing Toben to be startled, and went straight to the door, holding the colorful bouquet with shaky hands. He could hear the gate closing and the wheels of Chanyeol's luggage rolling over the stone path to the door. 
Kyungsoo exhaled, trying to release the nervousness out with his breath before unlocking the door and opening it.
On the other side of the door stood his favourite giant, one hand is located right where the door's keyhole is and the other is holding onto a colorful bouquet of pink and yellow roses.
The two stood in front of each other in shocked silence for a few moments.

"I can't believe you got the exact same bouquet as m---"

Kyungsoo's sentence was cut short by long arms wrapping around him and pulling him into a warm embrace. Chanyeol's scent took him by surprise. The scent he has grown to love the most. The giant's head was lowered down right next to Kyungsoo's neck, and his arms tightened the grip around Kyungsoo's waist, forcing his back to arch backwards a little to be almost hidden in the other's body.
Kyungsoo felt his stomach twisting, his heart racing and his face became as hot as and as red as a spicy chilli pepper. He felt the temperature of his body rising so that even when he inhaled the cold air it was like a sauna.
Chanyeol's hand gripped a little tight at Kyungsoo's back of the sweater. They couldn't say a word. Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol breathing against his shoulder and realized he must have been really lonely all these days. 

It's alright, Chanyeol, I am here.

Kyungsoo said in his heart before raising his own arms and wrapping them around his friend. One hand was up and down Chanyeol's back, and the other was making its way up to Chanyeol's back of the head. Kyungsoo's fingers slid into the soft hair and he began caressing through the locks. Ah.. it was as pleasant as he imagined it would feel. Kyungsoo's body was safe and secure, locked in a hold that he never experienced before.
It took a while before the two of them finally parted. While Kyungsoo had a soft smile across his lips, Chanyeol's smile was so wide that it made his eyes close. After entering Kyungsoo helped Chanyeol put the luggage away, and when Toben came running at his owner Kyungsoo watched how Chanyeol let himself fall on the floor to be smothered by his loving pup, filling the house with laughter and good energy.

As Happy as he was, Kyungsoo knew Chanyeol was exhausted. He could sense it and see it in the bags under his eyes. So he rushed the giant up the stairs. It'll be better for him to clean up and return to eat feeling fresh. While Chanyeol was showering Kyungsoo began heating up the food on the gas. And by the time Chanyeol was done, everything was already served and ready.

They sat down and ate, Toben placed himself on the couch in the little gap between them. Chanyeol voice was a little bit hoarse, but it didn't stop him for speaking for hours and hours about everything that he hasn't told Kyungsoo over the phone during their nightly calls. The two identical bouquets were placed in two matching vases on the kitchen's counter island, and created a nice addition to the cheerful theme of the celebration. 
Kyungsoo could swear Chanyeol was actually just a giant five years old child when he saw the excitement bubbling in him when the ice-cream was brought to the table.
It made him happy to see Chanyeol again. It really did. 

"Ah-- Right! Kyungsoo-yah, I brought you some presents!" Chanyeol called out and rose up to his feet even though the ice-cream scoop was still in his mouth. 

He ran off towards the side room where his suitcase was placed when he arrived, and came back with a huge thick plastic bag that had a symbol of a fancy trademark symbol printed on it.

"It better not be anything expensive..." Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol a squinty stare of judgement.

Chanyeol took the scoop out of his mouth and placed it back onto his little bowl before smiling at Kyungsoo widely. Kyungsoo knew what it meant. He definitely bought something crazy.

"Ba Bam!" The giant announced after pulling a bunch of clothes that were folded on top of one another. Each item had a tag attached, which just like the bag, had an expensive brand symbol on it.
"I didn't know your size, so I just guessed what would fit you. Please, please, try them on!" Chanyeol shoved the pile into Kyungsoo's arms with shining eyes.

It's hopeless to even try and protest. Kyungsoo was overwhlemed from the whole situation to begin with, and now he recieves clothes that are more expensive than the amount of money he saved his entire life so far. This is insane. 
He sighed at his tall friend and went into the side room, looking at how Chanyeol is Toben's fur with a satisfied smile.

To Kyungsoo's surprise, every single item fit his size perfectly. Even though the style is unique and different than what he is used to, everything was very comfortable and soft to the touch. Due to being impressed by Chanyeol's precise choices, Kyungsoo even went out of the room to show Chanyeol a few of the clothing combinations, only to recieve a very enthusiastic round of applause each time. When the fashion show ended Kyungsoo came back with the pile folded just as he recieved it.

"Thank you Chanyeolie, I don't agree with the fact that you bought such expensive brands for me.. But they are very comfortable and fit well so-- Thank you." Kyungsoo bowed down politely to the gift giver while sliding the clothes into the bag so he could carry it back home.
"It wasn't even expensive. You deserve it Kyungsoo-yah! It's supposed to be for finishing your project too! Since you worked so hard." Was Chanyeol.. praising him?

Kyungsoo sat back down on the couch, completing the Toben sandwich between his and Chanyeol's thighs. He felt at peace. He felt like everything is back to normal. Now that Chanyeol is back they will be able to meet more and maybe even work on songs together.
Songs! Right! It reminded him that he prepared one last thing for Chanyeol's return.

"Chanyeolie, I actually have one more thing for you."
"Huh? that's unfair, I already gave you the gift!" Chanyeol pouted towards him.
"It's.. Uhm.. It's a little embarrassing, so.. Don't laugh." Kyungsoo felt his heart racing again as he kept his eyes low to avoid eye contact with Chanyeol.
"Embarrassing..?" He was clueless.

Kyungsoo got up and stepped to stand behind the coffee table. Taking a breath and clearing his throat while his shaking hand began tugging to his own sweater nervously.
This is it.
He began singing to his friend, a pretty happy funky song that was sung by no other than Kim Jongdae in a collaboration. When he began singing "Lil' Something" he noticed that Chanyeol recognized it right away, and participated in the performance by thumping his fingers on the table to create the beat. 

All of Kyungsoo's anxiousness about this gift disappeared and he began having fun. Singing while swinging his hips from side to side and smiling at Chanyeol who even joined in the singing to rap all of the non-vocal parts and be a secondary voice for Kyungsoo at the correct moments. They had so much fun singing this song together. The happiest three minutes they spent together. By the end of the song Chanyeol was already up on his feet as well, holding Toben in the air and waving his little paws to the unplayed beat of the song.
It ended with Kyungsoo's long note. The two of them looked at each other and began laughing full heartedly for almost the same length as the song itself. They both sat back down to the sofa close, and let out a pleased sigh.

"Best gift I've ever recieved Kyungsoo-yah. I'm being serious." Chanyeol said with a peaceful smile while looking down at Toben that was still a little hyper from being held in the air.
"I was so nervous.. I'm glad you liked it." Kyungsoo replied calmly, his attention also directed to the happy pup.
"We should record this song and let Jongdae hear it."
"You think he would like it?"
"Are you kidding? He would go crazy."

Chanyeol suddenly sat up straight and turned to Kyungsoo, grabbing his hand and holding it between his own two bigger hands.

"Kyungsoo-yah, collaborate with me."
"H-Huh?"
"Please, work with me, let's make a song together. I can publish it."
"Chanyeolie.. I really can't.. I'm nowhere near as--"
"Please! I will talk with the company."

His gaze was so serious and intense right into Kyungsoo's eyes that he felt like his heart would never continue beating again. 
What is he supposed to do? Jongdae had already started the process of asking CBX's company to give Kyungsoo a chance. And now Chanyeol wants him to join and work for his company.

"I really seriously love your voice Kyungsoo. I will take care of you. You could start your own path as a singer. Or you could even join me! I would love that! We would be the best duo in the industry!"
"Chanyeolie--"
"Think about it. Alright? I cannot force you to do it.. But.. Let's at least record some covers together for ourselves to enjoy. You know?" Chanyeol persisted.

The passion and determination in his eyes were remarkable. Chanyeol really wants this. And in all honesty, for Kyungsoo it would be a wish come true. What is he supposed to do about this situation? Jongdae had already started the process for him.. And Chanyeol will as well.
It's good to have many options, but how is he supposed to choose? He would feel too bad for making Jongdae put effort for nothing. He would feel even worse to skip such an amazing opportunity to work with his one and only favourite all time musician and human being Park Chanyeol.
He needs to stop. He shouldn't let it bother him right now. He is here with Chanyeol to have a good time and he can take care of everything when the time comes.
Chanyeol leaned back onto the sofa and slowly let his body slide sideways until his head was resting on Kyungsoo's shoulder. 

"I missed you."
".. Me too."

Kyungsoo started Chanyeol's hair gently again. Just like Toben, Chanyeol adjusted his head a little so the caresses would be the most pleasureable for him. After a few minutes of silence and yawns the giant fell asleep.
Kyungsoo didn't have the heart to wake him up. That's alright. He can stay like this. It is comfortable and warm when Chanyeol is this close to him. Toben also started snoozing next to his legs.

He felt more at home than he does in his own apartment. Whatever happens, he will never leave Chanyeol's side. This incredible man has opened a drawer right into his heart. And anything that gets in there has a hard time leaving.
He started thinking about CBX again. Kyungsoo didn't even tell Chanyeol about any of it yet. He has to make a decision.