Slip

Beethoven

 

 

Silence..
All Kyungsoo could do was stand there in silence. 
Park Chanyeol? THE Park Chanyeol he is so addicted to? THE Park Chanyeol he cannot go a day without listening to at least once?
Kyungsoo's eyes began shaking from the shock, but he kept staring right up at the tall handsome man in front of him in awe. His cheeks and ears are still pink from the surprise hug he recieved, and he was sure that Park Chanyeol could hear his heartbreat from how fast and loud it was ringing in his ears. It seems Chanyeol noticed how stunned Kyungsoo became, so he let out a short honest laugh before lowering his hand, grabbing Kyungsoo's palm and shaking it gently. Kyungsoo noticed that his skin was really smooth to the touch, but the tips of his fingers were rough. Guitar players usually have rough fingertips due to constant string strumming.

"..Kyungsoo.. Do Kyungsoo." He managed to finally mumble as his hand was released from the palm which was bigger than his own.
"Nice to meet you Kyungsoo! You don't need to be so shocked, I just want to pay you back for saving and taking care of Toben." Chanyeol's voice was so deep and soothing, Kyungsoo realized he sounds exactly the same as the music he released.

Kyungsoo averted his eyes to, apperantly, Toben and felt how his shoulders are becoming tense and raising higher. This is ridiculous.. Park Chanyeol is standing right in front of him? All these days he was taking care of a dog that belongs to the one and only Park Chanyeol he adores so much? It feels like a dream. Is he hallucinating because he saw too much white snow lying around everywhere? Well, if it's a dream, might as well just be honest.

"I--...I'm a really big fan!" Kyungsoo finally said loud enough for it create an actual sentence and not an awkward mumble. He bowed down to Chanyeol with his eyes squinted shut, and when rising back up he opened them again and looked right at Chanyeol's face. Chanyeol had an excited smile after hearing it.
Ah.. I made him happy.. Kyungsoo thought to himself before his hand was grabbed again. Chanyeol's expression looked as if he just remembered something important.

"Wait, is your account name 'DKSoo12' ? Are you the one that bought all of my songs and my album, left a comment on each one of them, and kept giving me hearts?!" Chanyeol's eyes opened so wide that Kyungsoo was sure they would pop out of his head soon, but how can he say anything about it? His own eyes always looked like that as well, even without opening them wide.

"Yes.. it is, how do you kno--"
"I can't believe this!! I finally get to meet you!!"
"...You... wanted to meet me..?"
"Of course!! I wanted to meet whoever that person was and thank them personally for the support. Many have bought my songs and album but you are the only one who continues to show them love. Even today I saw that you added more hearts to at least 4 of them!"

Kyungsoo felt like the pink on his cheeks just turned multiple shades darker. This has to be a dream. How crazy is it? His own all-time favourite musician was actually aware of his existence? And wanted to meet him personally? Kyungsoo was sure he is going to burst at any moment. His eyes were once again averted away from the surprisingly handsome Park Chanyeol standing in front of him. Kyungsoo is so shy and embarrassed right now that he can't even make eye contact with his most admireable artist.

"Listen, Kyungsoo. I have to get going now. I parked in a place I shouldn't be parking and if I wait longer I would get a ticket.." Chanyeol said, putting a stop to Kyungsoo's spiraling anxious shyness.
"Please give me your number. I owe you more than you can imagine, and I want to pay it back to my number #1 fan and dog saviour!" A smile crept back onto his lips and Kyungsoo could swear he will pass out soon. 

He is indeed shy, nervous and quiet around strangers, but this was a whole new level of embarrassment that he hadn't experienced before. Isn't he making a fool out of himself? But the way Chanyeol is looking at him is so gentle and warm, his eyes look like they are shining. That must mean that Chanyeol isn't just blabbering this up to get on Kyungsoo's good side, he really means what he says.

 

Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol his number and waved at him as he rushed back to his car that was blocking the crosswalk at the edge of the park. The car drove off and was long gone already, but Kyungsoo kept standing in the middle of the park still shaken from the encounter. So Chanyeol, the person he is a fan of, called HIM his number #1 fan? Insane.

So now he let go of Fluff-- Toben. And his life will continue the way it was before he found him. Except.. Park Chanyeol has his number, and said that he owes Kyungsoo 'more than he can imagine'. What does that even mean? He could have supported any artist he admired like that, yet Chanyeol was the only one he really did. He could have taken care of any lost dog he would have found, yet Toben was the exact one pup that belonged to Chanyeol. the coincidence was too great, and Kyungsoo decided he should just calm down and go on about his life before he will explode.

Kyungsoo took a long warm bath that evening to clear his thoughts and calm himself from the excitement. After getting out and finally settling down to sleep, he grabbed his phone to play his usual lullaby - but this time while knowing how the voice in his ears looks like. 
In the middle of him scrolling down the web to check the daily news a message was recieved and made his phone beep.

[ Unknown Number: Hey Kyungsoo! It's me Chanyeol! 🐶 ]

Kyungsoo stared at the message for a while and found that he was actually smiling. So it is real. Haa! How lucky. He doesn't know exactly what kind of personality Chanyeol has yet, but getting the chance to be able to text an artist that he admires that much is definitely something to cherish. Another message beeped.

[ Park Chanyeol: Did you add me yet? Is this the right number? ]
  -[ Sent: Yes, Chanyeol. It is Do Kyungsoo. ]

If Toben was still here he would have snuggled up against Kyungsoo's neck and fallen asleep hidden in him like that. He missed Toben a little bit, but this was all for the better. 

[ Park Chanyeol: Toben sends you a good night hahaha. 🐶 ]
  -[ Sent: What does the name Toben mean? ]
[ Park Chanyeol: Beethoven. I don't care if it's a silly name. ]
  -[ Sent: Better than mine. I called him Fluffy. ]
[ Park Chanyeol: Hahahaha that's such a cute name. ]

Kyungsoo's smile was now undenyable. He was smiling widely to himself, and even a little snicker escaped him when he realised that Chanyeol's personality must be exactly what he imagined. 

  -[ Sent: Good night, Chanyeol. ]
[ Park Chanyeol: Goodnight! 💤 ]

The next morning Kyungsoo was late to class for the first time this year. Most likely because he slept so well that night that even his alarm couldn't wake him up. When he entered the class all eyes were raised at him, everyone seemed surprised that he no longer carries the dog-containing bag with him. 
When the lessons ended Junmyeon approached him with a smile.

"Don't worry, I didn't mark that you were late. Where is Fluffy? Did you take him to a dog sitter?" He asked with curiousity and a raised eyebrow.
"I met the owner yesterday. Fluffy's name is Toben."
"Ahh! That is good! I'm sure the owner was happy to see that you took such good care of Toben for him."
"He said he owes me. I guess pets really do have such a great meaning to people. It was like having a friend over when he was with me." Kyungsoo said, slowly sinking down in thoughts about the hours he spent trying to teach Toben to sit, or 'wrestled' the pup with his palm. Of course he couldn't tell his professor that the owner of Toben was actually his one most favourite musician of all times. That would just be too inconvenient.

---

Weeks have passed, and Kyungsoo finally began working on his thesis for the final project. Normally he would have preferred to work with a partner or two. That way the amount of work splits between a few people and doesn't fall on a single person. But since it was the very final assignment it had to be done alone. So Kyungsoo began spending his days at the local library, surrounded by books and papers. He was a little old fashioned. In his opinion, it's better to write everything down by hand because it's the easiest to fix, and just then put it all up into the computer to print.

He would have done just fine on his own entirely, but his friendship with Chanyeol has been advancing notably well, that even a few hours without exchanging texts occured only at the late hours of the night. The change in his general mood has already began changing when he brought Toben in, and it only kept increasing since then. So much that he even began participating in class from time to time, and talking to the other students on his own accord. It could also be because most students stopped coming to the lessons since they were busy doing their projects, but either way it was a positive change that Kyungsoo could feel deep inside.

As funny as it has become, Park Chanyeol is now considered an actual friend. Sadly the two of them havent met again yet, due to Chanyeol's tight schedule and Kyungsoo's studying. But they kept texting, and Chanyeol even called Kyungsoo a few times when he had some free time.

So far Kyungsoo have learned that Chanyeol's older sister is a news broadcaster, that his parents own a restaurant that is also a coffee shop, that he is actually allergic to pets, that he loves watching movies and wants to watch them with Kyungsoo one day, that he once nearly fell off a bridge to make a crying child laugh, and that his love for Chanyeol's voice grows more and more everyday.

[ Park Chanyeol: Kyungsoo-yah I'm finally going back home today 🎉
[ Park Chanyeol: Where do you live? I'll pick you up at 6 and we can go watch a movie and eat somewhere 😄 ]
  -[ Sent: Deal. The address is ___. I'll be down at 6. ]

Kyungsoo's heart was starting to thump, not from nervousness, but from excitement. He is finally meeting Chanyeol again, and it sounds like Chanyeol is just as happy to be seeing him as well. 
While getting back home from the library Kyungsoo noticed a familiar face walking down the street. It was still very cold and snowy, so the person seemed to be having trouble clearing their way through the snow without slipping.
It was professor Junmyeon. He was wearing a fancy long coat with a scarf wrapped around his neck and it seemed like he just exit one of the stores. Kyungsoo should probably say hello when he gets closer to him. With his eyes focused on his professor he became a little worried when he noticed that Junmyeon started slipping without having anything to hold on to. It would be dangerous to fall on the pavement like this, there are countless cases of people who broke bones this exact same way.

Kyungsoo began rushing to his professor and when he looked like he was about to hit the ground Kyungsoo knew he was too far to reach him and help. The most he can do is get there as fast as he can to see if any damage has been caused to Junmyeon.

But to his surprise, Junmyeon's wrist was suddenly grabbed by an arm much longer than his, and he was unexpectedly easily raised right back up on his feet. Kyungsoo stopped where he was and watched how his professor lets out a sigh and turns around to face the man much taller than him, probably even taller than Chanyeol, and tapping his chest. The man was wearing a long dark coat himself, and dark sharp sunglasses even though the sun was well hidden behind layers of snowing clouds. It was that car owner again! The man Junmyeon kissed before! Kyungsoo hasn't said a word to his professor about the incident. As the time passed he wasn't even sure if he saw it correctly anymore. But seeing the same man holding around Junmyeon's waist this tightly and clearing some snow off of his hair was enough to confirm that Kyungsoo wasn't just seeing things.

Hidden in one of the tiny allys, Kyungsoo kept watching the two of them walking towards the parking lot. They were talking with each other and laughing. Junmyeon was smiling so brightly that Kyungsoo found it hard not to smile himself. Even the taller man had a smile on his lips. This is so weird but so marvelous at the same time. Junmyeon had a great reputation at the university among the students, but the other older professors often looked down on him because of his young age. So it made Kyungsoo very glad to see that Junmyeon can smile so truthfully like this and that he is being treated right. The two of them entered Junmyeon's car this time. It was a simple small dark colored car, an old model that was good exactly for Junmyeon's short drives to the university everyday.

When they drove off Kyungsoo let out a warm huff of air and continued on his way back home. He showered and decided it would be best to just be himself and not get too fancy about the approaching hang out with Chanyeol. Sliding on black jeans, grey long shirt, black and white striped sweater and a black jacket above it all. It would definitely be warm enough in case they will be doing something outside, and easily removed in case it gets too hot inside. He shouldn't overthink it, he is just meeting a friend.
A friend that he had been admiring and listening to every single day for at least three years, but still, simply a friend.

The time has come, and when the alarm on his phone rang out to tell him it is five minutes before six in the evening, Kyungsoo picked it along with his wallet, slid them into his pocket, and left the apartment.
At the end of the staircase right beside the main door of his building he was really not expecting to see Chanyeol standing with his back against the wall, scanning the street. He looked really good. Wearing the same long coat he first met him with, a black sweater underneath, and dark blue jeans that fit his long legs correctly. How long has he been standing there? It isn't even six yet and he is already here? It's so cold outside, he must be freezing if he stood there even more than a minute.

"Chanyeol, you're early. How long have you been standing out here?" Kyungsoo asked while walking towards his tall red nosed friend.

His reaction was really unpredicted. At the moment he saw Kyungsoo it looked like he was suddenly filled with life, even though a second ago he was standing almost like a dead statue by the wall.

"Kyungsoo-yah! Ahhh it's so good to see you again." Chanyeol said with a kind tone and placed himself by Kyungsoo's side, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and starting to walk towards the street where Kyungsoo could already see his car parking. 
There was a certain warmth of peace filling Kyungsoo from the inside at this moment. Chanyeol just had this kind of special positive vibe. 
Almost like a contagious happy virus.