ESCAPE

The Dragons’ Slayer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her life went back to normal after that incidence. Jiyong treated her as if nothing happened and she just let it be. It was in one of her cooking lessons that she suddenly got a call from GD. She hurriedly excused herself from her teacher to answer the call. This is one of the major conditions GD has set for her when she started living with him that she will answer immediately as soon as he calls.

“Y-yes Jiyong?” she answered, she was so in a hurry she was a bit breathless when she answered the call.

“Dee I am sorry to bother your cooking lessons but I just approved a photoshoot for you tomorrow.”

“Really? Gee thanks!”

“Yes I felt you needed to get out sometime soon.”

“Where will it be and who will go with me?”

“Your team will go with you to Malaysia, but Dara this is only for 2 days okey, it’s almost Christmas you have to come back and prepare the house.”

“Can I not just stay a little bit longer?”

“No.” he answered with finality, “I will be back from Singapore and I want to see you when I come back.”

“Okey…”

“Dara do not do anything that will make me upset okey?”

She took a deep breath before responding, “Okey.” After closing the conversation she realized that this is going to be the first time she is going out of the country after being stuck here, so she suddenly felt good about it. She received her e-ticket via her cellphone and was so happy she had to cancel the rest of her lessons to prepare for her trip. Jjangmae called her to confirm that he is flying with her along with her stylist and make-up artist. All of a sudden she felt like she is back in her true love – performing.

She went to Malaysia and was bargaining with her manager for an extension of her stay but even he is afraid of GD so it was of no use. She was left roaming her hotel and the nearby mall on her first night. She posted pictures of herself near the Christmas tree. She lost weight but it was not obvious to her but when GD saw her posted pictures even he felt bad for her. He wanted to make her smile but she no longer responds to his jokes even on line. It made him feel sad but in his mind giving up on her is not an option so while looking at her photos he promised to find ways to make her smile again without necessarily giving up on his goal. He wanted to go home and see her again as soon as possible.

Dara on the other hand is finding ways to avoid going home – she wanted her freedom for as long as possible. But when her photoshoot ended she received a call from Bom.

“Yah! Bom where have you been?”

“Yah Dara I’m still here enjoying my freedom so where are you?”

“I’m here in Malaysia for a photoshoot.”

“Jiyong allowed you?”

“Well he’s in Singapore so I can leave while he is away. “

“I envy you – Jiyong is really taking care of you…”

“Everybody says that…”

“Sis that’s true you just need to see it in a different perspective.”

“But that’s not the reason why you called is it?” Dara evaded the issue.

“Ani…I want to see you when you go home…can we meet?”

“Really? Sure sure!!! When where?”

“Can I come to your house – when GD is out I want you all to myself.”

Dara had to think! GD does not allow her to have visitors without his permission and this may become an issue for her. But this is Bom she will defy anything to have some time with her…”Sure sure I will go home soon and I will check when he is coming back from his tour so that we can have the house to ourselves.”

“Great I will bring my pajama so I can sleep overnight okey?”

“Sure and don’t forget to bring corn cobs okey?”

“Got it sis! See you and have a safe trip back okey?”

“Will do see you!!!”

After that call Dara smiled so widely they took so many photos of her smiling. “Jjangmae we need to go home tonight!”

“Wait I thought you wanted to stay longer?” he said scratching his head.

“No I want to go home now I need to do something…” she said smiling up to him. And because Jjangmae saw her smiling and excited he thought GD must have said something to make her happy so he agreed to immediately go home. While waiting for Dara in the hotel lobby where they were staying he then called GD to report (this is now part of his work eversince Dara was moved to GD management).

“Hello Jiyong, this is Jjangmae.”

“Jjangmae how’s everything? Is she still having a tantrum?”

“Ani I thought you might have said something to her – she asked for us to go home already saying she needed to do something and I thought it was with you?”

“Ani she was not happy the last time I talked to her and she refused to answer my call after that? Did she receive a call?”

“Yes she did and after that she was all smiles I thought I was you.”

“What time is your flight?”

“We leave in an hour, why are you still in Singapore?”

“Yes, anyway don’t tell her you called me just take her home and I will work from there, thanks for calling me.”

Dara was so excited when she found out that GD will not go home tonight which means she can have Bom in the house. She called her immediately.

“Bommie we are on tonight, are you ready?”

“Yes sis but I don’t know your house how do I get there?”

“I will send you the map now and call me if you are near and I will come and meet you. Yeppie I am so excited miss you sis see you!!!”

When Dara arrived at home she went immediately to the fridge to check if they have stocked food. When she found that she has enough to cook a meal for two she started cooking even before changing her clothes. Soon the kitchen smelled of carbonara, toasted bread, cheese and red wine. Just then Bom called.

“Sis I’m outside open the gates!”

“Sure see you!” she rushed towards the gate to meet her friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter