K.O. 6

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

K.O. 6

 

Soojung’s POV

 

Just as I read my sister’s reply on my phone, there Amber was, standing in front of me. She pulled a chair and took a seat near my injured foot before putting the ice pack on it. She then looked at me and I saw worry on her eyes.

 

“Here.” She stated as she handed me a bottle of water and I believe, a pain reliever. “They’re effective for me, so I guess it also will be to you.” She flashed a short but sincere smile before paying attention to my foot. She then opened a roll of elastic bandage and looked at me saying, “I’ll wrap your foot okay? Just tell me if it hurts… well a lot.”

 

I was in awe as I watched her skillfully wrap my left ankle, and put the ice compress back.

 

“How did you…” I started. I wasn’t even able to finish my question and seemed like she already knew what I’m going to ask.

 

“I’ve sprained my ankles a couple of times already since I started playing basketball. That’s why I always wear ankle supports now everytime I play, whether be it a training or an official game.” She explained. “It’s almost fifteen minutes. You can just continue putting the ice compress at home and keep your left foot elevated. Wait here, I’ll just ask Key to cover for a while.”

 

“Wait… You don’t have to walk me home.”

 

“But I can’t just let you walk alone like that.” She retorted.

 

It’s somehow touching that she’s worried for me, but I already caused her too much trouble today. “Don’t worry, Amber. My sister is going to fetch me. She’ll be here in a while. I don’t want you to leave your post. I’ve already caused you so much trouble.”

 

“No… I don’t mind, really.” She explained. She then mumbled something that I wasn’t able to understand. I was about to ask her what she said, but it was then that I saw my sister’s car.

 

“Oh… My sister’s here.”

 

---------------------------

 

Amber’s POV

 

“No, I don’t mind… really.”

 

“If it’s for you, darn if it means I’ll have to be absent in my work today, I won’t mind.” I mumbled to myself.

 

“Oh… My sister’s here.” She said, looking at my back. I turned around and saw a car parked in front of the store.

 

I was surprised as I saw the person stepping out of the car.

 

“S-Sooyeon unnie?”

 

“Omo… You know my unnie, Amber?” She asked.

 

“UNNIE?! She’s your sister???”

 

“Yah! What did you do to my baby sister, you idiot?” I heard scream until…

 

*WHACK!*

 

It was a solid hit of Sooyeon unnie’s handbag on my face. It was so strong that I lost my balance and literally fell down, my face meeting the cold concrete floor.

 

“OMG! Amber!”

 

 

-----------------------

 

“I still won’t say sorry to her.” Sooyeon unnie, or Jessica, answered as Krystal explained what happened, asking her sister to say sorry for hitting me earlier. “According to your story, if not for this idiot, you won’t be alarmed if only she called your name, rat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter