K.O. 5

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

K.O. 5

 

 

Author’s POV

 

She was there, with her eyes planted on the ring, like a kid seeing a new toy for the first time, wondering how it operates. Amber and her friends stopped on their tracks as soon as they’re able to confirm who she was.

 

“How can someone still look so pretty in a tracksuit?” Amber thought to herself.

 

She was still busy staring at the girl, when Kris shoved her a little too strong, causing the tomboy to almost stumble forward. That commotion caught the attention of the black belter. She immediately recognized Amber, who just turned around to glare at the tall boy.

 

And being the shy person that she is, Soojung immediately turned around to leave, pretending that she didn’t notice the three basketball players, until a voice called her.

 

“H-Hey!”

 

With a failed attempt to leave, and realizing that it is rude to just run away, the longhaired girl turned around once again. She then saw Amber jogging towards her direction, her two friends following her behind.

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

“H-Hi.” I politely greeted, as the Amber stood in front of me.

 

She has that friendly smile on her, when she greeted back, “Hello. Did you just run?” She asked as she looked at my attire. It was then that I realized how embarrassing it is, because I just had my evening jog, and I’m still sweaty.

 

“Y-Yes. I just… uhm… saw the basketball court on my way back home, and thought of something.” I answered, not knowing exactly why I explained myself to her, neither why I stuttered and felt embarrassed.

 

“Oh. Do you… want to try to play with us?” Amber asked.

 

I immediately raised my hands to decline and reasoned out, “A-ah, no! I mean, I don’t even know much about basketball. I only know how to throw the ball literally, nothing more, so I might just ruin your game.”

 

“We just ate a lot, so a serious game is a no-no for us.” It was Jooyoung, who tried to convince me too. I know her since I often hang out with Luna and Sulli in their clubroom. The tall guy, however, I only know as Amber’s friend since I saw him with her in the dojang sometimes.

 

“Jooyoung’s right. I’m Kris, by the way. I’m from the basketball men’s team.” He said as he raised his hand for a shake, which I did. I saw his other hand gripping on the basketball, as his hand is big enough too hold it with one hand.

 

“Jung Soojung, taekwondo.”

 

I ended up inside the fenced outdoor basketball court, holding the orange ball with two hands, with Amber standing beside me, patiently teaching me how to properly throw the ball to score a point. We were standing a couple of steps in front of what they called the free-throw line, while Kris and Jooyoung stood under the ring get the ball just in case I miss.

 

“It’s just like in taekwondo. You use your leg power to jump, but in this case, you’ll the momentum and throw the ball. And of course, don’t forget the follow-through,” Amber explained. I liked how considerate she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter